over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Daily calories....

Well, I do cycle pizza and snickers bars in there every once in awhile :D :eek: :eek:

WTF Lenny!! Your not suppossed to give out the secrets!!! At least you didnt mention the ice cream, Oh shit...i just did

As people have stated its not what you eat ,its what you absorb and allow your body(rest and relaxation,low stress,low cortisal etc..) to use to repair the micro trauma caused by training to build muscle.

How much muscle can be gained per week/ month etc...? Different amongst individuals due to body type,training level,hormonal enviroment etc.. How many kcal make up a pound of adipose tissue? everyone knows it is 3500 kcals.How many kcals make up a pound of LEAN muscle? around 600 kcal give or take.

Now why do people eat 5,000-10,000 kcal a day sometimes junk,eating everything in sight and stressing out the body to only put on a couple pounds a month tops of lean muscle if everything goes right?

The world health organization has determined the only thing proven to extend lifespan is a low calorie diet(they state 1,200 kcals per day).

So why if it doesn't take loads of excess calories to build muscle do people force feed and gorge,get fat,then diet down? Gaining and losing weight is also very hard on the body,some feel more detrimental to health than staying slightly overweight.

One guy says he eats everything and takes fat burners and clen,and does cardio etc.. to waste some of the excess calories:banghead: kind of like putting a hole in the gas tank? why?!?!

I hear constantly food is your anabolic.food is your anabolic,food is your anabolic.Well how much food before your waistline is taking the brunt of the anabolism?

Muscle and the body is amino acid driven.Muscle is built from protein and fats.Carbs give the energy to train and some energy for the muscle building process.But muscle can be built without their presence and even in a calorie deficeit,I have seen it many times.If protein is high enough and fat is broken down for energy from its stores. If needed the body will break the fat down and use free fatty acids as its fuel to build muscle and train etc...

I think the getting fat and cutting down has been done for so long it has become broscience as the only way to build pounds and pounds of muscle.Plus I think guys like to use the "bulking" excuse to eat mega amounts of crap.
But lets a least be real that it is unneccassry and unhealthy.

Last edited:
I think a few people are missing the take home message.

Eat clean food....build more actual muscle faster. eat garbage, build less muscle.

and as far as some of these calculations about hown much muscle can be built ect....the figures dont matter!

Muscle and the body is amino acid driven.Muscle is built from protein and fats.Carbs give the energy to train and some energy for the muscle building process.But muscle can be built without their presence and even in a calorie deficeit,I have seen it many times.If protein is high enough and fat is broken down for energy from its stores. If needed the body will break the fat down and use free fatty acids as its fuel to build muscle and train etc..

Ive seen this too. I saw Levrone build muscle on lile 2000 cal per day. Muscle memory yes but even so there was not enough cal or protein to build muscle based on macro calculations.

NOBODY CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH MUSCLE YOU CAN BUILD AND HOW FAST. ITS ALL INDIVIDUAL AND THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN KNOW HOW MUCH AND HOW FAST YOU CAN BUILD MUSCLE AND HOW MANY CALORIES.....IS AFTER ITS DONE!

Ronnie never knew he could look like he did, until he got there.

So the big take home message:

Eat good foods, train hard, rest and stop making it so damn complicated. Dont listen to someone just because the read on the internet this is how you do it. Listen to the guys who have DONE IT!

I think a few people are missing the take home message.

Eat clean food....build more actual muscle faster. eat garbage, build less muscle.

and as far as some of these calculations about hown much muscle can be built ect....the figures dont matter!

Muscle and the body is amino acid driven.Muscle is built from protein and fats.Carbs give the energy to train and some energy for the muscle building process.But muscle can be built without their presence and even in a calorie deficeit,I have seen it many times.If protein is high enough and fat is broken down for energy from its stores. If needed the body will break the fat down and use free fatty acids as its fuel to build muscle and train etc..

Ive seen this too. I saw Levrone build muscle on lile 2000 cal per day. Muscle memory yes but even so there was not enough cal or protein to build muscle based on macro calculations.

NOBODY CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH MUSCLE YOU CAN BUILD AND HOW FAST. ITS ALL INDIVIDUAL AND THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN KNOW HOW MUCH AND HOW FAST YOU CAN BUILD MUSCLE AND HOW MANY CALORIES.....IS AFTER ITS DONE!

Ronnie never knew he could look like he did, until he got there.

So the big take home message:

Eat good foods, train hard, rest and stop making it so damn complicated. Dont listen to someone just because the read on the internet this is how you do it. Listen to the guys who have DONE IT!

That is so funny that you say that! It seems that the only people who know/believe/trust in that principle alone are the vets and pros. Is there a secret? Yes! You just said it for I believe the 3rd or 4th time in this thread. I, like many, thought there was a secret workout, a secret diet, or a secret supplement to promote growth. It is a factor of all of them combined the RIGHT WAY that will allow the maximum growth and development. I have a loooong way to go to reach my goals, but I trust in what vets like you and the others on this board say when it comes to sensible things like this.
Thank you for posting this!

I cant agree..I'm eating a minimum of 4000 clean + another 2000 of whatever, but still pretty clean and quit gaining weight. If I slack 1 day on cals ill lose 2-5pds overnight..Thinnking of adding icecream or whoppers or whatever cals I can to see more growth...Havent put on any bodyfat either which would be bennificial at this stage of bulking...That way at least I would know I was eating enough!! At 42 I thought my metabolism would slow but 25yrs of busting concrete has kept it reved up I guess..I heard mario puginowski eats 3lbs of bacon a day? and hes ripped!

concreter;936708..I heard mario puginowski eats 3lbs of bacon a day? and hes ripped![/QUOTE said:
Lets not forget the amount of gh he is on. did you see him in his mma debut when he got his ass kicked...not too ripped anymore.

GH will allow you to eat whatever, whenever in huge ammounts and not get fat. I know....cuz ive done it.

there is a guy at my gym, cant put on wt, his doc gives him gh @ 4iu per day. He is over 0 years old. I told him to cut it to 1 iu per day...low and behold he started gaining muscle. Too much gh will keep your metabolism TOO fast sometimes to be able to gain. unless slin is used. but thats a whole other story.

some people need more cal some need less. I have pretty decent genetics. not the best, but i have also like i said seen and talked to pros about this and they all say the same thing, eating clean makes a difference as to how much actual lean mass you put on.

lucian

Last edited:
I cant agree..I'm eating a minimum of 4000 clean + another 2000 of whatever, but still pretty clean and quit gaining weight. If I slack 1 day on cals ill lose 2-5pds overnight..Thinnking of adding icecream or whoppers or whatever cals I can to see more growth...Havent put on any bodyfat either which would be bennificial at this stage of bulking...That way at least I would know I was eating enough!! At 42 I thought my metabolism would slow but 25yrs of busting concrete has kept it reved up I guess..I heard mario puginowski eats 3lbs of bacon a day? and hes ripped!

your work you probably easily burn off a whopper a day! add cardio and lifting and you will of course need more cals.

I've actually been locked in my cave for the last 3mnths..winter in the midwest..Try putting on as much size during winter lean or not before its back to the summer cardio 5 days a week..Then just try to hold it the best i can but usually lose 10-20 pds of rock..getting fat now is an insurance policy for later..Just seems 265 pds of muscle just burns anything + everything I can eat.

I've actually been locked in my cave for the last 3mnths..winter in the midwest..Try putting on as much size during winter lean or not before its back to the summer cardio 5 days a week..Then just try to hold it the best i can but usually lose 10-20 pds of rock..getting fat now is an insurance policy for later..Just seems 265 pds of muscle just burns anything + everything I can eat.

:eek: 265 lbs of muscle, really?

Well I guess theres some Bones in there And probably some water but with road map vascularity in my arms legs and abs, whats your guess? Dial in alittle better come summer, with more abb veins in my intercastals/ which you can still see a little..Then the little fat on my ass, But i'm Itailian, always last to go!

Impressive going from 200 to 265 in 2 yrs and 2 cycles.

Maybe you're not continuing to gain weight because your receptors have become saturated?

Lucian- the thing that I get stuck on is that I am probably eating the same foods as you in somewhat similar ratios...probably more carbs...but I throw in chocolate milk, cheese, and even ice cream now and then for extra calories. I've never ever not been able to see my abs, so I can't say that these extra foods are adding fat...you are saying if I cut the "junk out" and drop the calories as a result I am going to gain more muscle weight???...can you see how this is confusing...I just want to break the 230 mark...and I feel like if I'm not getting at least 5500 calories or more a day everyday, I'm never going to get there....

I get what your saying about eating clean. You can eat 3k really clean cals and gain just as much muscle as someone eating 5k cals dirty but without gaining the fat. But for ME personally I had to break the 3.5k and possibly even 4k clean cals (1 meal a day with the family that wasn't super clean but my family does not eat straight junk like most) just to get over 180lbs. Now I realize that I may have shit genetics for getting huge and good genetics for getting ripped but there is no way I could ever maintain anything over 200lbs (much less gain) on ANY less than 4k clean cals a day. Its always amazed and frustrated me how little some of the bigger guys on this board actually have to eat but a lot of that is just GENETICS. Again I get what your saying but just throwing it out there that some people do need high calorie diets to gain weight (though I agree clean > than junk).

I get what your saying about eating clean. You can eat 3k really clean cals and gain just as much muscle as someone eating 5k cals dirty but without gaining the fat. But for ME personally I had to break the 3.5k and possibly even 4k clean cals (1 meal a day with the family that wasn't super clean but my family does not eat straight junk like most) just to get over 180lbs. Now I realize that I may have shit genetics for getting huge and good genetics for getting ripped but there is no way I could ever maintain anything over 200lbs (much less gain) on ANY less than 4k clean cals a day. Its always amazed and frustrated me how little some of the bigger guys on this board actually have to eat but a lot of that is just GENETICS. Again I get what your saying but just throwing it out there that some people do need high calorie diets to gain weight (though I agree clean > than junk).

just curiouos here, if you only ate when you were hungry, could you guess at your total calorie intake?

Lucian- the thing that I get stuck on is that I am probably eating the same foods as you in somewhat similar ratios...probably more carbs...but I throw in chocolate milk, cheese, and even ice cream now and then for extra calories. I've never ever not been able to see my abs, so I can't say that these extra foods are adding fat...you are saying if I cut the "junk out" and drop the calories as a result I am going to gain more muscle weight???...can you see how this is confusing...I just want to break the 230 mark...and I feel like if I'm not getting at least 5500 calories or more a day everyday, I'm never going to get there....

hmmm milk huh? i used to drink a half gallon a day....my abs went away. i dont do any dairy now at all. it seems my body doesnt work as efficiently with milk in it. i only figured this out by sticking to my diet post contest and not adding milk into it. ice cream too. eating it like once a week, about a cup or so isnt gonna harm you but daily or 2-3 times a week.....yes it makes a difference. not just calorie wise but how your body processes things.

it took me 19 years to go from 145lb onstage to 210 on stage. 19years. because i have made so many mistakes and not listened to the older vets.off season 266+ and i have no idea what i will be when i cut down this year. guess we will see. slow and steady my brother and you will get there!

drop the junk add in some more clean stuff and see how much MORE muscle you build.

When Mo Chuisle diets if we give her a protein bar even with the right macros, her body looks totally different. it seems to clog up her metabolism.

everyone is different and you have to find the foods that work for you. Yams and sweet potatoes tear me up. white potatoes digest too fast im hungry 30 min later. White rice gives me blood sugar crashes,. oatmeal and brown rice, bananas and apples......work just right.

you gotta learn YOUR body and not what someone else says to do.

lucian

Last edited:
lets look at it like this....your building a house. you get all the right lumber, and have a good blueprint. how fast and how well is the house gonna be built?

now try and build the same house with some twigs, cheap lumber, and the wrong nails. even if you have a good blueprint.....how fast and how well is this house gonna be built? when you mess up you are gonna have to start over and get new materials to get it done the right way.

clean foods=the right lumber
junk food=twigs and cheap lumber
your body=house!

:)

1 thing people aren't mentioning is that when you eat clean, you get hungrier. That high sugary, high fat meal keeps you full for ages. If you eat clean, 2-3 hours you're starving for more food.

1 thing people aren't mentioning is that when you eat clean, you get hungrier. That high sugary, high fat meal keeps you full for ages. If you eat clean, 2-3 hours you're starving for more food.

This is the case for me. If you happen to indulge in some not so quality foods, just listen to your body when you are hungry again and feed it differently, most likely that being a better choice of food to make oneself hungry more often.

just curiouos here, if you only ate when you were hungry, could you guess at your total calorie intake?

Well I eat 6 meals a day at around 800 (mostly clean but I do drink a glass of milk with each meal) calories per meal and if I just ate when hungry I would probably only eat 4 of those meals each day. So that would be roughly 3200 cals. I am currently leaning out while trying to maintain all muscle and strength and am under 200lbs. I train mma (for several hours at a time) or workout followed by cardio about 5 days a week so that has a lot to do with it im sure but I have always had to eat much more than people around my weight even when I did no training or working out of any kind (though I also look and physically am much larger than ANY guy I have ever met that was my same height/weight). When bulking I have to eat so much food that if I start coughing you better clear the way to the toilet cuz I might start spewing.

On a side note I have recently added pro-biotics and digestive enzymes to my regimen to try and see if that would help me not have to put down so much food but to no avail so far (only about a month into it so will give more time to see if it helps).

Again not knocking anything lucian has said as I am in complete agreement about clean foods providing more bang per cal even tho some will say a cal is a cal. I just posted in here cuz it seemed as some guys were interpreting it as they should/could eat less and I just wanted to remind everyone that we are all different and that I personally feel that anyone that can be 260lbs on a 3200 cal diet is a freak! (Though Im sure some of you will say that anyone who can lean out on a 4k cal diet under 200lbs is a freak as well)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member