over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Daily calories....

Well I eat 6 meals a day at around 800 (mostly clean but I do drink a glass of milk with each meal) calories per meal and if I just ate when hungry I would probably only eat 4 of those meals each day. So that would be roughly 3200 cals. I am currently leaning out while trying to maintain all muscle and strength and am under 200lbs. I train mma (for several hours at a time) or workout followed by cardio about 5 days a week so that has a lot to do with it im sure but I have always had to eat much more than people around my weight even when I did no training or working out of any kind (though I also look and physically am much larger than ANY guy I have ever met that was my same height/weight). When bulking I have to eat so much food that if I start coughing you better clear the way to the toilet cuz I might start spewing.

On a side note I have recently added pro-biotics and digestive enzymes to my regimen to try and see if that would help me not have to put down so much food but to no avail so far (only about a month into it so will give more time to see if it helps).

Again not knocking anything lucian has said as I am in complete agreement about clean foods providing more bang per cal even tho some will say a cal is a cal. I just posted in here cuz it seemed as some guys were interpreting it as they should/could eat less and I just wanted to remind everyone that we are all different and that I personally feel that anyone that can be 260lbs on a 3200 cal diet is a freak! (Though Im sure some of you will say that anyone who can lean out on a 4k cal diet under 200lbs is a freak as well)

I wonder how much of what you eat your actually digesting. and a second question. When you were growing up what foods did your parents feed you most often? What macronutrient ratios are you getting per meal?

Id venture a guess that eating clean isnt your problem, its a combination of the wrong macro ratios per meal, with an inability to fully digest what your eating. on top of that, the MMA is definately going to keep weight off you. however. if youd like to pm me instead of us hijacking the thread, id like to take a look at those last few questions i asked you.

makes a lot of sense...I love threads like these. I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but I'd be interested in hearing if you guys have any other tricks or like what lucian listed that they use to figuring out there macros and foods that work for them

makes a lot of sense...I love threads like these. I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but I'd be interested in hearing if you guys have any other tricks or like what lucian listed that they use to figuring out there macros and foods that work for them

here is one trick i used:

eat say, oatmeal. see how full you feel, if you feel bloated, gassy ect.
i get hungry about 2 hr after the oatmeal. some people it takes longer. its slow burning but i feel like i digest it really fast. so that's one i like.

Its kinda like doing a scratch test for allergies. you try something, see how you react and decide whether or not its for you.

i ate a sweet potato....i could barely finish 4oz. it sat in my stomach and i felt bloated and gassy, and i wasn't hungry for 4 hr afterward. so this is not a good food for me.

eggwhites are the same. even 5 whites and i feel awful.

nobody said anyone HAS to use certain food. heck you could eat ll beef and rice for 6 meals a day if you want. just find what works for you.

I wonder how much of what you eat your actually digesting. and a second question. When you were growing up what foods did your parents feed you most often? What macronutrient ratios are you getting per meal?

Id venture a guess that eating clean isnt your problem, its a combination of the wrong macro ratios per meal, with an inability to fully digest what your eating. on top of that, the MMA is definately going to keep weight off you. however. if youd like to pm me instead of us hijacking the thread, id like to take a look at those last few questions i asked you.

actually if you guys wana talk about it, its cool. it sounds interesting to me. not hijacking at all. :)

Impressive going from 200 to 265 in 2 yrs and 2 cycles.

Maybe you're not continuing to gain weight because your receptors have become saturated?

Ive done actually 6 cycles in that time..started at 200 but that was with no lifting for 10+yrs..before that at 25 I was 235lbs dialed in. Since then finally realized that food is the best anabolic and the more the bigger, how many cals to be a ripped 280lbs?? I know it verrys pr person but with my metabolism seems impossible without junk cals to burn 1st. and still seems out of reach..Maybe i need 3grms aas but dont want to go there! {at my age}..........................Ill post pics shortly in forum..

Last edited:

I have considered the problem of my food not digesting properly (as I said I have began using a probiotic digestive enzyme type supp). Growing up i ate pretty typical I guess eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits for breakfast or maybe just cereal or a poptart. Some type of sandwich for lunch. Roast and potatoes, hamburger helper, plus veggies or something like that for supper.

You may be right about the macro ratios I always just tried to hit x amount of protein per meal while trying to use complex carb sources and healthy fat sources to make the meal come out to the amount of cals I need. Maybe tommorrow I will try and keep track of exactly what the pro carb and fat content of my meals are and I will post it up.

I have considered the problem of my food not digesting properly (as I said I have began using a probiotic digestive enzyme type supp). Growing up i ate pretty typical I guess eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits for breakfast or maybe just cereal or a poptart. Some type of sandwich for lunch. Roast and potatoes, hamburger helper, plus veggies or something like that for supper.

You may be right about the macro ratios I always just tried to hit x amount of protein per meal while trying to use complex carb sources and healthy fat sources to make the meal come out to the amount of cals I need. Maybe tommorrow I will try and keep track of exactly what the pro carb and fat content of my meals are and I will post it up.

if your consistant with Macro's for each meal, you can track how different foods effect you in terms of results. Id definately keep ground beef and red meat in general in your diet if you ate a lot of it growing up. from there once you get a baseline on your macro's you can manipulate them per meal for optimum results, all while eating only when hungry. but it is A lot of trial and error. is say stick with 7 or 8 foods, and the same macro's per meal for a while, and see what results you get, then based of the result, you manipulate from there. oh an pineapple, eat pineapple.

if your consistant with Macro's for each meal, you can track how different foods effect you in terms of results. Id definately keep ground beef and red meat in general in your diet if you ate a lot of it growing up. from there once you get a baseline on your macro's you can manipulate them per meal for optimum results, all while eating only when hungry. but it is A lot of trial and error. is say stick with 7 or 8 foods, and the same macro's per meal for a while, and see what results you get, then based of the result, you manipulate from there. oh an pineapple, eat pineapple.

I appreciate the advice. Do you go with the pro/carb meal then pro/fat meal or do you just do a 40/40/20 (or similar split) at each meal? I realize that I will have to play around with the exact ratios but just wondering if you buy into the dividing up of the carb and fat meals or if u just try to hit the right ratios for the day as a whole. And I love pineapple but hardly ever keep any around, its good for digestion purposes I assume?

I appreciate the advice. Do you go with the pro/carb meal then pro/fat meal or do you just do a 40/40/20 (or similar split) at each meal? I realize that I will have to play around with the exact ratios but just wondering if you buy into the dividing up of the carb and fat meals or if u just try to hit the right ratios for the day as a whole. And I love pineapple but hardly ever keep any around, its good for digestion purposes I assume?

im more concerned in where i get my carbs and fat from and not splitting them up. I always have carbs and fats in the same meal. the source of each is the key. please shoot me a pm as the rest i dont want to discuss in open forum, but i will point you in the direction of my source of information. and trust me it has been an invalueable source.

Back in the day i used to try and get as many calories as possible. 5,000, 7,000, whatever. i really thought this is how you get huge! to get big you gotta eat big!

Fast forward 10 years. Im 35 years old, 263lb and i am not even trying to be this heavy. So the other day i decided to sit down and calculate how much i am eating. I had no idea. since last may i decided to listen to my body and not force anything. so i kept my contest foods in my diet and added more to them. same foods.

Bananas
apples
brown rice
oatmeal
gro0und turkey
ground beef
raisins
protein powder
and i added some non sweetened applesauce.

as i grew a little i added a little food here and there. nothing big, nothing drastic.

Ok so how may calories does it take to keep a 260+ frame....3200! Yup you read that right....only 3200 calories a day.

i read some of these guys eating 3000 or 4000 and they are about 200-220lb....but why is it i can maintain this body wt and my strength is even all the time?

Its because i eat mostly clean foods! 3200 al of clean foods is a lot of food each day. at least it is for me. I remember Dorian saying he grew on 3500 cal. thats cuz he ate all clean stuff and it works much better to build solid REAL muscle. most people dont eat the right foods in the right quantities to build lean mass and not add too much fat.

so it took me 10 years to finally listen to the older vets and eat like this. Maybe some young gun out there will read this and give it a try. Diet really is the key, its not the special secret drugs that actually dont even exist.

lucian

I cannot tell you how many guys I see over eat when it comes to overall daily calories. So many are so far beyond their RMR/REE. Personally I rarely go over 3000/day even on training days, and when dieting I go as low as 1900 on some days, but keep calories cyclical.

What body weight are you trying to sustain with those calories? When bulking How many would you add? You would think you would eat till you started gaining fat to know your eating optimal to grow!.........Looks like its a genetic thing, metabolism, body type; which we all know is most importent from a former threads poll!

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88