over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Daily diet soda consumption linked to expanding waistlines

there is no direct link.
just because diet soda drinkers have a higher waist circumference on average that doesnt mean diet soda makes you fat.

my guess is that regular diet soda drinkers are probably the unhealthier people on average...

agreed, I still dont trust all this processed shit in our foods anymore.

there is no direct link.
just because diet soda drinkers have a higher waist circumference on average that doesnt mean diet soda makes you fat.

my guess is that regular diet soda drinkers are probably the unhealthier people on average...

I would say that this is probably correct. I cant tell you how many times I hear a fat ass order their shitty ass meal and then ask for a diet coke as their drink... as if that's going to negate the 2,000 calorie bacon cheeseburger and chili cheese fries.

I have heard people say that diet soda "tricks your body" and you get the same results as drinking a regular soda because your body thinks its getting sugar, but im sure that's bullshit. We all know that all this processed stuff and artificial sweeteners are not good, but they are sugar free and have little to no calories. So it is what it is...

If your on a good diet and you want something sweet a diet soda aint bad IMO. I have drank them before and im not a soda drinker but when im dieting sometimes I just want it. I'll get my iced coffee at starbucks with sugar free vanilla syrup and that doesn't seem to mess up my diet either...

Zero calories is zero calories. Sure there may be a link-- but that doesn't mean it's directly causing it.

I drink it and black iced coffee religiously when cutting, there's no other way I'd stay sane lol.

Last edited:
All that shit kills your good stomach bacteria.... I gave up soda and energy drinks last year and just drink coffee, raw milk, water, little beer, and I have more energy and my strength went up a bit at first.

Definately cured the afternoon slump I always fell into

Weight wise I saw/see no difference unfortunately

Diet soda has never made me fat
And I used to drink a ton of it

Ive always dieting and drank diet soda during. Absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think it makes you fat. Some carbonated water with a zero calorie sweetener added in. Hmmm. Thats all diet soda is. If anything, it aids in getting you lean because of the cafiene content and carbination. Provides extra energy in a caloric deficit and a feeling of fullnes due to the carbination.

A good old gallon jug of water a day is all you nees

Yes agreed, but the thread is about if you do drink it. I hardly do, I basically drink only water and coffee but this is assuming you did drink it.

All that shit kills your good stomach bacteria.... I gave up soda and energy drinks last year and just drink coffee, raw milk, water, little beer, and I have more energy and my strength went up a bit at first.

Definately cured the afternoon slump I always fell into

Weight wise I saw/see no difference unfortunately

Im sure its not good for you because its really not natural in any way. Im a big time coffee drinker so diet soda is just kinda week for me, but ill have one if i feel like it. A regular soda has so much sugar its ridiculous, i drink my coffee with no sugar just a little half and half.

Ive always dieting and drank diet soda during. Absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think it makes you fat. Some carbonated water with a zero calorie sweetener added in. Hmmm. Thats all diet soda is. If anything, it aids in getting you lean because of the cafiene content and carbination. Provides extra energy in a caloric deficit and a feeling of fullnes due to the carbination.

Yep, agreed. There is a study for everything these days.

Im sure its not good for you because its really not natural in any way. Im a big time coffee drinker so diet soda is just kinda week for me, but ill have one if i feel like it. A regular soda has so much sugar its ridiculous.

Yep, agreed. There is a study for everything these days.

Roger That!

soon common sense and everything in moderation will be exposed as being bad for you in a soon to be released study.

from what i read artificial sweeteners and other chemicals used in diet soda are safe for most people, and there's no big influx of evidence that these ingredients cause cancer.

common sense tells us diet soda isn't a health drink or a silver bullet for weight loss. switching from regular soda to diet soda may save you calories and your teeth in the short term - just no clear answer if it's effective for preventing obesity.

This information not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues.

Attachments

• funny fat people logic.jpg
    funny fat people logic.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 278
I can echo what most have said in this thread.
Last 6 months I've been dieting and lost 14 cm off my waist.
Did this whilst heavily relaying on no calorie diet soda's when consuming food.
It's all about monitoring your calories, I bet most people on this study just replaced their calories they were not getting from soda's with candy bars.

I haven't touched anything but water in 2 years. Prior to that I'd drink tons of diet soda and crystal lite. Never had a problem getting ripped. Maybe it causes you to crave and has some sort of effect on insulin but it never stopped be from getting lean.

It destroys the good bacteria in your gut but that's another topic for another day :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I will say this, I am dieting right now, been a year off artificial sweeteners and sugar -hunger cravings are way different. Diet soda does affect insulin levels slightly and it changes your taste. Once you go without any sweeteners your taste kinda resets. I eat a bell pepper now and it taste like its full of sugar.

about 15 years ago i was a regular coke drinker. i cut out the soda 100% and lost 10lbs. no other changes. at the time i was not working out at all.

Roger That!

soon common sense and everything in moderation will be exposed as being bad for you in a soon to be released study.

from what i read artificial sweeteners and other chemicals used in diet soda are safe for most people, and there's no big influx of evidence that these ingredients cause cancer.

common sense tells us diet soda isn't a health drink or a silver bullet for weight loss. switching from regular soda to diet soda may save you calories and your teeth in the short term - just no clear answer if it's effective for preventing obesity.

This information not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues.

That pic is like exactly what I said in my first post. People ordering 2,000 calorie meals and getting a diet coke with it thinking it will all make it better...

I will say this, I am dieting right now, been a year off artificial sweeteners and sugar -hunger cravings are way different. Diet soda does affect insulin levels slightly and it changes your taste. Once you go without any sweeteners your taste kinda resets. I eat a bell pepper now and it taste like its full of sugar.

Cravings for sure. When im on a strict diet and not having any simple carbs I don't crave them at all. If I cheat one day and eat a bowl of pasta or have a dessert I crave carbs the next day. So im sure your use of artificial sweeteners kept you craving...

about 15 years ago i was a regular coke drinker. i cut out the soda 100% and lost 10lbs. no other changes. at the time i was not working out at all.

I cant tell you how many people have told me this. They cut out just soda and lost a bunch of weight. Its straight sugar. I stopped putting sugar in my coffee (I drink 3-5 cups per day) and it made a difference.

Cravings for sure. When im on a strict diet and not having any simple carbs I don't crave them at all. If I cheat one day and eat a bowl of pasta or have a dessert I crave carbs the next day. So im sure your use of artificial sweeteners kept you craving...

I cant tell you how many people have told me this. They cut out just soda and lost a bunch of weight. Its straight sugar. I stopped putting sugar in my coffee (I drink 3-5 cups per day) and it made a difference.

Well sugar is one of the worst substances you can put in your body. It's so beyond horrible in so many ways, I can't even stress it enough. A simple google search will scare you off from it for a very long time.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws