over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dairy (Milk mostly) - Yay and Nay

If you have not issues digesting it I think it's a great tool for a "bulk" kind of diet.... regular milk you get a regular grocery store might not be healthiest way to go... but there worse things out there. I enjoy it...

Milk is great for bodybuilding, just look at the macros. At one point (actually when I was my biggest) I was drinking 2l a day.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You'll have to get a DNA test like 23andme or fitnessgenes to see whether you are lactose tolerant or intolerant.

You'll have to get a DNA test like 23andme or fitnessgenes to see whether you are lactose tolerant or intolerant.

Tolerant,
I mean I've been drinking milk for years with no problem. Or unless it's doing things secretly that I don't know of

Regular store bought milk= garbage

Raw, grass-fed cow's milk= good

Raw, grass-fed goat's milk= excellent

Ive been drinking unsweetened vanilla Silk Cashew Milk.. Seems to work nicely for me..25 total calories/cup. 15 cals of fat. Goes great with pbt s protien syrup...delicious no stomach issues

I only roll with Fairlife or Carbmaster milk from Kroger now. Once I got off milk (and most dairy products for that matter) my digestion has been much better. I figure limiting gut distress will help absorb nutrients better.

If you don't have any problems digesting it, I really don't see any problem with consuming dairy milk.

Same here, the vanilla carbmaster is great for shakes, I've never had stomach issues with milk but I switched to these to help cut some more sugar out of my diet

After educating myself on the process it takes to go from cow to "skim milk" in a supermarket it just turned me off of it. and i used to LOVE milk. used to say i would drink it with every meal if diet allowed it.
Now, i drink almond milk. havent had milk in bout 3 years. I dont eat anything but grass fed beef either. just cant after being educated about it. cant eat anything but cage free chicken too.... for a start, if you have Netflix watch "Food Inc" and then "OMG GMO"
-F2S

What's your understanding of the process from cow to skim milk?

I work in the food industry, dairy production is Highly regulated by both state and federal laws and inspectors.

Skim milk is processed by running the raw, full fat milk through a high speed centrifuge / separator, that pulls off differing amounts of fat, yielding skim, 1% or 2% milk.

I wish RAW milk was more readily available.

Agreed. Raw milk is actually quite nutritious. There was a team of British physiologists in the early 1900s who studied the native populations of South Africa. The most physically fit and healthiest populations were cattle farmers who drank up to a gallon of raw milk a day. I have seen data that supports dairy fats as being cardio protective due to their unique stereochemistry.

Adversely, commercial dairy is a disaster. Improper metabolism and intolerance is common among adults. I personally avoid dairy as often as possible, and my wife is thankful for that ;)

Love Milk. I use A-2 Milk from Trader Joes and Sprouts.

Ak

Milk, does the Body Good.
I guess some are sensitive and even need bottled water..lol
Tap water is garbage...Raw eggs, protein powder, all bad!

What is raw milk? Is that just straight from the teet?

Basically, yes. It just means unprocessed (no homogenization or pasteurization).

Also of great importance is the animal's food source. Corn-fed vs. grass-fed, for example.

Last edited:
For me, at 54 yo next month, I have found that harder cheeses like parmesan, swiss, aged cheddar, Dubliner, even softer hard ones like Havarti seem to be no problem.

I have determined that cream cheese, fresh mozzarella, and similar ones cause me huge issues. Greek yogurt seems to be a problem, as is more than a splash of milk or cream in coffee.

We now make ice cream from coconut milk and we love it.

Many have referenced digestive issues. I was having horrible ones and had to get to the bottom of it. I know this is about dairy but just as a PSA, if you are having trouble with the GI tract, try eliminating all nuts for a while. I found that they were a huge problem for me, and I had loved them my whole life.

Milk,Wheat,Eggs and Nuts = Allergen Foods.

Most people have intollerance to those foods and dont even know it.

For me

Its.

Fruits
Veggies
Rice
Oats
Potatoes
Fish
Chicken
Beef

Forum statistics

Total page views