over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dallas McCarver Autopsy Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using EPO in bodybuilders is STUPID and will NOT provide any special growth benefits. Most bodybuilders already have more than enough RBC's. Increasing them even further will only lead to serious (e.g. deadly) potential consequences.

There is no mechanism by which EPO is going to provide some magical effects on muscle growth. It was never the "secret" back in the day. It was imply ignorance running wild.

Looking at what it is I would agree. I am merely relaying information. For some reason certain people felt like it could really help out. As you already stated the last thing BB's want to do is increase RBC's even more as they are already probably high. Even something like b12 could help in that department without posing so much danger. In that video I posted he mentioned the other coach refused to do a video on it due to how dangerous it could be for people and he had also used it in the past. By the sounds of things it could help a cycle in various ways but do I think it is a secret to growth... fuck no. But certain people obviously did at some point as they have put clients on it and still talk about it today.

Using EPO in bodybuilders is STUPID and will NOT provide any special growth benefits. Most bodybuilders already have more than enough RBC's. Increasing them even further will only lead to serious (e.g. deadly) potential consequences.

There is no mechanism by which EPO is going to provide some magical effects on muscle growth. It was never the "secret" back in the day. It was imply ignorance running wild.

I cant imagine how often they would have to do phlebotomies if they used that. Between all of the androgens and the EPO they would be doing it EOW. I once had my hematocrit up to 62 and had no idea it was high, that was the first time I became aware of it. A bodybuilder using epo is like an alcoholic having himself on an ethyl alcohol IV drip while drinking bourbon.

There actually is a fair amount of evidence for a direct effect of EPO on satellite cells. Not saying that the effect is practically relevant for muscle growth or worth the risks, but to just dismiss EPO as useless seems unwise.

Satellite cells (SCs) play a crucial role in skeletal muscle maintenance, repair and remodelling, but the exact mechanisms of SC activation, proliferation and differentiation are not fully elucidated yet. Recent studies provide novel information on various parameters involved, including the detection of the erythropoietin receptor (EPO‐R) in cultured human primary satellite cells. Erythropoietin (EPO) is a well‐known stimulator of red blood cell production, but more interestingly, previous research has shown that EPO may also promote myoblast proliferation, survival and muscle regeneration. Current scientific evidence about the direct effects of EPO on skeletal muscle is not consistent and several differences emerge when trying to replicate the results of in vitro or animal studies on healthy humans. Furthermore, the validity of antibodies used to detect EPO‐R protein expression in several studies has been criticized due to a possible cross‐reaction between EPO‐R antibody and unspecific proteins and thus, the generation of false positive results. These issues have created uncertainty about the presence of EPO‐R in human skeletal muscle.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5023713/

Erythropoietin (Epo) treatment may induce myogenic differentiation factor (MyoD) expression and prevent apoptosis in satellite cells (SCs) in murine and in vitro models. Endurance training stimulates SC proliferation in vivo in murine and human skeletal muscle. In the present study, we show, in human skeletal muscle, that treatment with an Epo-stimulating agent (darbepoetin-α) in vivo increases the content of MyoD(+) SCs in healthy young men. Moreover, we report that Epo receptor mRNA is expressed in adult human SCs, suggesting that Epo may directly target SCs through ligand-receptor interaction. Moreover, endurance training, but not Epo treatment, increases the SC content in type II myofibres, as well as the content of MyoD(+) SCs. Collectively, our results suggest that Epo treatment can regulate human SCs in vivo, supported by Epo receptor mRNA expression in human SCs. In effect, long-term Epo treatment during disease conditions involving anaemia may impact SCs and warrants further investigation. Satellite cell (SC) proliferation is observed following erythropoitin treatment in vitro in murine myoblasts and endurance training in vivo in human skeletal muscle. The present study aimed to investigate the effects of prolonged erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA; darbepoetin-α) treatment and endurance training, separately and combined, on SC quantity and commitment in human skeletal muscle. Thirty-five healthy, untrained men were randomized into four groups: sedentary-placebo (SP, n = 9), sedentary-ESA (SE, n = 9), training-placebo (TP, n = 9) or training-ESA (TE, n = 8). ESA/placebo was injected once weekly and training consisted of ergometer cycling three times a week for 10 weeks. Prior to and following the intervention period, blood samples and muscle biopsies were obtained and maximal oxygen uptake (V̇O2, max) was measured. Immunohistochemical analyses were used to quantify fibre type specific SCs (Pax7(+)), myonuclei and active SCs (Pax7(+)/MyoD(+)). ESA treatment led to elevated haematocrit, whereas endurance training increased V̇O2, max. Endurance training led to an increase in SCs associated with type II fibres (P < 0.05), whereas type I fibres showed no changes. Both ESA treatment and endurance training increased Pax7(+)/MyoD(+) cells, whereas only ESA treatment increased the total content of MyoD(+) cells. Epo-R mRNA presence in adult SC was tested with real-time RT-PCR using fluorescence-activated cell sorting (CD56(+)/CD45(-)/CD31(-)) to isolate cells from a human rectus abdominis muscle and was found to be considerably higher than in whole muscle. In conclusion, endurance training and ESA treatment may separately stimulate SC commitment to the myogenic program. Furthermore, ESA-treatment may alter SC activity by direct interaction with the Epo-R expressed on SCs.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26607845

He does that weaponsmithing on the regular when he talks, he also does a conservative politics channel and is very into his guns, I think a lot of his fanbase likes the bullet making.

Jason Blah is a total douchebag. The pathetic bastard made videos claiming to have been in “The Powder Wars” - where back in the early 90’s he says there were not enough veterans so the US government found kids like him and trained them to covertly work fighting drug cartels..
How such a blatant liar can have even ONE follower makes no sense. Anyone that actually supports this guy is pathetic.

Jason Blah is a total douchebag. The pathetic bastard made videos claiming to have been in “The Powder Wars” - where back in the early 90’s he says there were not enough veterans so the US government found kids like him and trained them to covertly work fighting drug cartels..

How such a blatant liar can have even ONE follower makes no sense. Anyone that actually supports this guy is pathetic.

Hahahaha. Whaaa...?

Hahahaha. Whaaa...?

Seriously - it’s mind boggling how someone can so blatantly lie. Even after he was called out he stuck to his guns. Been a few years since I saw anything of his so maybe he has been a hold to bury it but that dude has something seriously wrong going on in his nutty lil head.
It’s actually pretty sad that someone has such low self esteem that they create an intricate back-story to their life. If Jason had the balls to just admit he lied I would feel sorry for the guy. Hell maybe he has in the past few years - if so then good for him.

There actually is a fair amount of evidence for a direct effect of EPO on satellite cells. Not saying that the effect is practically relevant for muscle growth or worth the risks, but to just dismiss EPO as useless seems unwise.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5023713/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26607845

I'll address this later, but for now I will just say this. Any effect that EPO has on satellite cells is minuscule in comparison to the PEDs that bodybuilder's already use, not to mention the body already produces its own EPO.

So, adding a tiny bit more EPO is not going to make any significant difference from a muscle growth standpoint. You will get fuller and more vascular on EPO, but as far as genuine muscle growth is concerned, I do not consider it a "muscle builder" at all.

I'll address this later, but for now I will just say this. Any effect that EPO has on satellite cells is minuscule in comparison to the PEDs that bodybuilder's already use, not to mention the body already produces its own EPO.

So, adding a tiny bit more EPO is not going to make any significant difference from a muscle growth standpoint. You will get fuller and more vascular on EPO, but as far as genuine muscle growth is concerned, I do not consider it a "muscle builder" at all.

I think some steroids themselves actually stimulate EPO production. Plenty of EPO already circulating in a bodybuilder. No reason to pump in more. Its the more = better attitude. This article lays out a few things, not real scientific but it is ok.

**broken link removed**

I'm fascinated by guys like this. I saw a few of his videos a while back and he appears lucid and somewhat "normal" but apparently completely nuts. Should a guy like this have guns? Or maybe, just maybe it's true he was an assassin sniper for the government :D
But plenty of "successful" guys like this around; George Farah made up a Police career and had no shame talking about it on camera :confused::D

Why do cyclists use EPO for endurance and energy when it seems like most of us with too high of hemo from AAS not even EPO feel sluggish and the total opposite.

^^ No - I do not think someone like Jason Blah should have a weapon. I am 1000% in favor of the right to bear arms. Guns don’t kill people - but insane people CAN use a gun to kill. We need to do a better job of recognizing unstable people like this weirdo. A guy like that who spends so much time talking about himself and how tough he is - is weak. A weak man is dangerous because he may be so desperate to respect that he does something to try and prove it.

People with true self esteem almost never feel the need to brag about themselves. A man that talks a lot about his “wealth” is usually not wealthy at all. A man who talks about his physique being awe-inspiring is typically a man that doesn’t feel any TRUE confidence at all. If you are truly happy with your physique you don’t feel the need to tell others it is great.
It’s a huge sign of weakness when a man brags often. This is Jason. Not having the ability to laugh at yourself is a sign that you feel inadequate inside.
Unfortunately our community is rife with these personalities
Watching Jason is like watching a train wreck. You just can’t believe what you are seeing and hearing. It would be like me making a video about how perfect my hair is - going on and on about how I get compliments everyday. Except you are watching it and saying “WTF are you talking about you bald mother fucker?”
Sadly I think most braggarts feel so insufficient that when they boast they are trying harder to convince themselves than they are others.

Anyway - methinks I have derailed this thread enough.

Okay, time to put this thread to bed...way off track now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear