over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dallas McCarver Dead???

Yeah, the thread is linked below. To answer though:

I was 38 yrs old, I am 47 now.

The doctors and I believe it was related to steroid use, but I do also have a blood clot disorder that I discovered only after the heart attack. The heart attack was a clot in my right main coronary artery. The combo of the gene and the steroids is a bad mix. Found out its my mother that has the trait and my uncle does too. Uncle is 80 yrs old and my mother is 77. Neither one has had a single issue all of their lives and have healthy hearts. So you can draw your own conclusions. Neither one does anything to treat the trait even now after we know about it, doctors don't see any need because the risk is so low.

I stopped all usage because I came close to death and I really don't lift much at all now. Just trying to preserve my life. Heart really cant stand up to the stress now. I am on HRT from my doc, 100 mg/wk because my natural test production was wrecked and never came back even after being of steroids for about 10-11 months.

Sings. Well I had polycythemia, hemoglobin got up to about 20. That was unrelated to the clot though because I had just done a series of phlebotomies and it was down to 16. THat is another risk though.

About 5 years prior to my heart attack I developed cardiomyopathy and my ejection fraction was down to 35%. At that point I got off everything and it went back up to about 55% which is normal really. I should have stayed off it all but I got back on again and raised the dosage slowly again over the next few years. I had my warning call but didn't heed it. That is where I made a major mistake. We had a member on here that did the very same thing, got on after having bad cardiomyopathy and it recovered, he ended up dying. His name was Chris if I remember right. I got lucky and lived through my heart attack.

My ejection fraction is now about 20% and I have a defibrillator. Nearly died back in March. I'm on another med now.

Can't believe it's been almost 10 years. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I still remember the morning I saw that post. Whenever I feel like I want to get back on I go back and start reading it again. I've had a couple close calls back in my party days, weighing 300 and abusing recreational drugs that I know what thinking you are dying feels like but still nothing as scary as you. It's easy for people to say they don't care when death is an abstract concept years away but when it's happening there is nothing more you want than more time. My ambition in life now is to out live my fear of death.

He presumably meant to say after being OFF for 10-11 months it still had not recovered.

Yeah, that. Typo on my part, I get sloppy sometimes.

Last edited:
Can't believe it's been almost 10 years. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I still remember the morning I saw that post. Whenever I feel like I want to get back on I go back and start reading it again. I've had a couple close calls back in my party days, weighing 300 and abusing recreational drugs that I know what thinking you are dying feels like but still nothing as scary as you. It's easy for people to say they don't care when death is an abstract concept years away but when it's happening there is nothing more you want than more time. My ambition in life now is to out live my fear of death.

Glad to hear it helped you. I wish I would have had some help back when I was younger. I think I might have done things differently. Will be 10 years next July. Time goes fast. My defibrillator is still in my chest, same battery is still good! Once the battery runs out they have to cut my skin and remove it, and then put in a new defibrillator. Should be another 2-3 yrs hopefully, as long as it doesn't have to discharge much. Back in March it went off 3 times in two days, that hurt the battery life some.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic