over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Damn.......Back!

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Acting up again...Cant really train legs at all without aggravating it lately...Herniated disc now for 15yrs is starting to get worse...Cant really train legs how I want the past 5yrs and the past 1yr barley train them at all without causing back to flare up.:mad:

Damn bro, I feel for ya, I have serious knee issues from a torn acl that's already been repaired for 8 years... Just seems like time is slowly breaking me down. Either way, Injuries suck!

Acting up again...Cant really train legs at all without aggravating it lately...Herniated disc now for 15yrs is starting to get worse...Cant really train legs how I want the past 5yrs and the past 1yr barley train them at all without causing back to flare up.:mad:

I know what your going through I have 2 ruptured 4 and 5 diagnosed with degenerative disc its been over 15 years for me but I still do what I can, thank God for flexiril and pain pills. I try to keep my core strong and use very strict form on all exercises a day will come when I will no longer will be able to but off surgery its very frustrating but you can still stay in the game you may have to rest more and adjust your training and exercise choices. Good luck

I'm sure you've done this but have you had physical therapy? And deep tissue massages?

other than trying to get it fixed, surgical, you maybe in a sticking point in your life....alot of people opt out of surgey, but sometimes it's the only option.. 4 anchors in my right rotator cuff... long recovery,,but honestly i do not regret it at all.

other than trying to get it fixed, surgical, you maybe in a sticking point in your life....alot of people opt out of surgey, but sometimes it's the only option.. 4 anchors in my right rotator cuff... long recovery,,but honestly i do not regret it at all.

Ive seen some great things come from the surgery, long recovery comes with it unfortuately but definitly wouldnt op that completely out!

This truly sucks. I have the same issue. Started to see a chiropractor last week. Got my fingers crossed!!

The solution might need to be remove all spinal loading, back off of bilateral compound movements. Switch tow single leg variations and isolation exercises. Incorporate different intensities by tempo or other things that will limit the amount of weight you have to use. Start doing more core that requires no lumbar flexion, so this means anti flexion extension lateral flexion and rotation, also putting more stabilization exercises in such as bird dog variations. Lastly you need to stay ontop of your mobility work with a strong focus on ankles hips and thoracic mobility

I feel your pain and wish you weren't having to deal with it. My advice to you is to do some deep stretching a couple times a day and to use machines for all work that involves your back. Keep the weight light enough to keep from aggravating your back (I know how hard that is) and just really listen to your body. If it starts to bother you at all, stop and call it a day.

The solution might need to be remove all spinal loading, back off of bilateral compound movements. Switch tow single leg variations and isolation exercises. Incorporate different intensities by tempo or other things that will limit the amount of weight you have to use. Start doing more core that requires no lumbar flexion, so this means anti flexion extension lateral flexion and rotation, also putting more stabilization exercises in such as bird dog variations. Lastly you need to stay ontop of your mobility work with a strong focus on ankles hips and thoracic mobility

Good solid advice janitor!!

I think I'll be here one day. I have a herneated disc from an accident. I also get flare ups. This advice sounds solid to me.

Doing all that now...Thing is a sit alot for work and sometimes have to drive long distances in one day in a shitty car provided to me by my employer. Sometimes I'm driving 6hrs in one day in a crappy Ford Focus...Most uncomfortable seats. ACTUALLY THAT'S WHAT AGGRAVATED IT....I had to drive along distance several months ago then the other day and it hasn't been right since.

I was pretty much maintaining it at a comfortable level with No Squats and Deads, chiropractic, ART and Rolfing and my daily stretching and core routine...

I started PT again just to use their traction machine and ultrasound because of the bad flare up. They really can show many any exercises I dont know from all the years of PT. Also I have got about 4 back injects done over past few years, which didn't help...

I also have limited lifting dumbbells for chest since it takes alot to get them back up to put them away off the bench and to get into position. I been using smith machine and hammer strength..

Also have an inversion table that helps a little...

NOT SURE IF I SHOULD START DOING REVERSE HYPERS ONCE THE BACK SETTLES DOWN A LITTLE...

Mine were/are herniated at L2-L3, L4-L5. Nerve function as measured via EMG was to the point where the doctor was suprised I could use the leg at all, he said any other patient would be non-mobile. Nerve was pretty much not firing from lumbar region to big toe in left leg. Couldn't walk for more than a mile without servere issues (like, couldn't move the left leg).

Decompression on the DRX-9000, followed up with PT (strengthen core, hip mobility), sled dregs with sled attached to power belt only, and reverse hyper: 11 months later, I'm back on track. DL 515x3 last week, Atlas Stones 310x3, PR on axle press, and hiked 6 miles on Sunday. Hope to compete this summer (Strongman), so training is gearing up full bore.

Never got a follow-up MRI. Don't need it. I'm taking Lyrica, that's the only "pain" med these days. Gone are the days of Oxy's, thankfully.

Any particular exercises that seem to flair it up or just all leg exercises?

Any particular exercises that seem to flair it up or just all leg exercises?

Squats, leg press, deads lying hamstring curls.

Light leg extensions don't bother back, seated calves ok and horizontal leg press ok that many rehab places have and most gyms have it that women use it alot..SEE PIC I ATTACHED.

My legs are pretty big...They don't need to get bigger to match upper body...My wife actually says there too big.

Im just wondering if I can just add more volume and go real slow on those horizontal leg press, which would add to the time under tension theories.I MIGHT LOOK LIKE A SISSY DOING IT, BUT I GUESS I WOULD BE ABLE TO TRAIN...

Right now Im taking the next few weeks off to calm down the muscle spasms and get back to manageable level so I can just get to gym. Right now Im just getting through my work day.:(

Attachments

• Horizontal-Leg-Press-Machine.jpg
    Horizontal-Leg-Press-Machine.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 272
Do a search for Ben Bruno blog and articles... he was in the same boat and has slowly built up his tolerance due to some creative programming ideas.

do hacks hurt it too? i sometimes i have problems with my lower from old wrestling injury...squats n leg presses still aggrevate it, but hacks seems to be ok when im having the tightness...

do hacks hurt it too? i sometimes i have problems with my lower from old wrestling injury...squats n leg presses still aggrevate it, but hacks seems to be ok when im having the tightness...

ya...I have to be more on a horizontal plain like the pic I showed for it not to bother me...

Do a search for Ben Bruno blog and articles... he was in the same boat and has slowly built up his tolerance due to some creative programming ideas.

I couldn't find the exact link. I found a link he had to adopt due to knee problems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131