even if i have to use 3 or 4 pins
less aas ml = less pain
less ml = less scar tissue
less scar tissue = less pain

yes i AM very prone to limping for a week

also......

the less "fiberous" the site.....delt, bi, tri
is less painful
compared to more fiberous.....quad, glute, ect....

maybe its due to the way its absorbed.....dont know though

Yeah I have the same problem and mine is weird where I feel more pain on my left leg then my right. I spoke to a friend about it and he said its because the quad is full of nerves. He recommended injecting on the side of the quad near the hamstring. Less nerves there apparently.

I have yet to try it but right now glutes work fine.

To the dude that had blood quirt out, make sure you put pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

Bending or flexing your legs will greatly FUBAR your injecting up so I've heard. Always keep it completely straight and completely relaxed. If it hurts going in or while injecting, stop and start over, it's not supposed to hurt.

Guys, WOW! Thanks for the great advice, all of you!

One last question: Some mentioned going in from the side, near the hamstring. Generally, where are you guys pinning? Side, or from the Front?

To those who asked what I'm pinning, just Sust now and only 1ml per site, as Tenny (I think) suggested a long time ago. The same gear went in smooth as butter when I did the glutes. Once in a while Ill get a little bleeder there, but nothing bad and it's usually only if I pin after a leg day, even the next day, but it's predictable.

To Myosin, about knowing if there's scar tissue. Well, Bro, Im just assuming because it feels more fibrous and its like pushing through a bad steak, just very tough and it cracks and pops and bleeds more often. Basically, yes, harder to inject and there's a little pain the whole time, once you get past the fat layer.

Cachexic:That sucks, man! As I said above, if you just trained legs the same day or even the day before, it seems to bleed more in my experience. But aspirating blood seems to be more than just a typical "bleeder"!

Packing it On and Epoxy, Good advice guys, thanks! I've tried poking around a little to get the right spot, and end up looking like a soup strainer! After reading Packing's post, I realize, hmm, I'm an idiot! DOH! Ill try it with the cap ON next time...

Last edited:
Sounds familiar...

Guys, WOW! Thanks for the great advice, all of you!

One last question: Some mentioned going in from the side, near the hamstring. Generally, where are you guys pinning? Side, or from the Front?

To those who asked what I'm pinning, just Sust now and only 1ml per site, as Tenny (I think) suggested a long time ago. The same gear went in smooth as butter when I did the glutes. Once in a while Ill get a little bleeder there, but nothing bad and it's usually only if I pin after a leg day, even the next day, but it's predictable.

To Myosin, about knowing if there's scar tissue. Well, Bro, Im just assuming because it feels more fibrous and its like pushing through a bad steak, just very tough and it cracks and pops and bleeds more often. Basically, yes, harder to inject and there's a little pain the whole time, once you get past the fat layer.

Cachexic:That sucks, man! As I said above, if you just trained legs the same day or even the day before, it seems to bleed more in my experience. But aspirating blood seems to be more than just a typical "bleeder"!

Packing it On and Epoxy, Good advice guys, thanks! I've tried poking around a little to get the right spot, and end up looking like a soup strainer! After reading Packing's post, I realize, hmm, I'm an idiot! DOH! Ill try it with the cap ON next time...

Thank you for that illustration... that actually helps me from a SQ standpoint... I've felt that way in a few area's, always wondered if that was the case, it may be... will keep that in mind for IM. Thanks.

When I switched to 25g needles, that helped a boatload. It takes a bit longer to get all of the gear into the muscle but I've found the scar tissue built up is significantly less. Shooting in the same areas hurts much less for me now. Also in any leaner areas of your body, if you can get away with 5/8" needles over 1 inchers, this will cause less trauma to the site, resulting in less swelling and pain afterwards. I switched from 1" needles to 5/8 for my pecs, delts, and tri's, because they are all very lean sites that do not have much fat at all on top of the muscle. Worked wonders for me.

I have been getting swelling no matter where I am injecting. Does this excessive swelling have a similar effect as syntherol?

Last edited:
Thank you for that illustration... that actually helps me from a SQ standpoint... I've felt that way in a few area's, always wondered if that was the case, it may be... will keep that in mind for IM. Thanks.

Haha! Sorry, Bro! Didn't mean to make you ill. (And I've never actually injected AAS into a shank steak...yet) But glad it helped. :D

BTW, I like/have tried SQ Test with a slin pin for HRT, but it friggin sits under the skin for about 3 days and makes the site lumpy, or Id be doing that instead.

I have no issues pinning 3ccs into my quads as long as the gear is clean and not made with EO. I guess I'm lucky.

i know what ya mean and i've been there bro, now i will only go to the glutes and delts. i did quads only twice and both times i was freakin crippled....

l actually pin quads extremely slow. Yes I know this sounds absurd, but I use 23G (definitely going to try the 25G after reading this thread), 1" & I take about 1-2 min to insert needle EXTREMELY slow on upper front/outer portion & it's totally painless, minimal if any blood. I was using 1.5" but would either aspirate blood or end up with a bloody mess after pulling out. Give it a shot...seriously.

my experience with injects are......

never more than 1ml PER SITE
even if i have to use 3 or 4 pins
less aas ml = less pain
less ml = less scar tissue
less scar tissue = less pain

yes i AM very prone to limping for a week

also......

the less "fiberous" the site.....delt, bi, tri
is less painful
compared to more fiberous.....quad, glute, ect....

maybe its due to the way its absorbed.....dont know though

I agree w/ Tenny although y upper limit is 1.5ml/pin. You might also try changing pins after you draw the gear. Using a really shape pin can help. Also try warming up the oil a bit - it becomes more viscous and goes in easier. My best spot believe it or not is my tricep. i take a limp Bicep curl pose and just slide it up into the meaty part - no probs ever. Good luck!

Ok, so I read everything again and decided on a 5/8 pin, 1cc in the right, upper, outer quad as the quads are pretty lean. It was painless, no blood. We'll see what tomorrow holds. But, so far, that injection was made of pure WIN! Thanks again, guys!

l actually pin quads extremely slow. Yes I know this sounds absurd, but I use 23G (definitely going to try the 25G after reading this thread), 1" & I take about 1-2 min to insert needle EXTREMELY slow on upper front/outer portion & it's totally painless, minimal if any blood. I was using 1.5" but would either aspirate blood or end up with a bloody mess after pulling out. Give it a shot...seriously.

1-2 mins to insert the needle? Holy hell this is surely some form of sadomasicism! Just breath in and push 1-2-3. I don't know how you do it man but that seems evil, haha.

use diff size needle.and diff area well u hv to slowly try it log it learn from it.ok how fast do u put in if ur put in slow thn stop thn put it in th rest of th way it ,ll get sore,put it in at one speedn put it useally fast like work th best .some people hurt no matter wht .other th pain goes away.th guy tht showed/helped me w,ld say stop being a wienner.work hard sleep hard he ld say.i
if ur hurting thn keep ur cycle short.and dont use certain ones tht hurt more b smart b safe

Ok, so I read everything again and decided on a 5/8 pin, 1cc in the right, upper, outer quad as the quads are pretty lean. It was painless, no blood. We'll see what tomorrow holds. But, so far, that injection was made of pure WIN! Thanks again, guys!

5/8 imo is a little short so make sure you push it in all the way so it hits the muscle belly. One other trick i learned is to pull the skin back a tiny bit by pressing on it with your finger tip and sliding it back before pinning yourself (like a touchpad on a laptop) After you inject and release the skin it slides about 1 cm forward and prevents any bleeding at the injection site.

If lean enough, slin pin is the only thing I touch with the quads.

Quad injections give me a lot of pain and swelling if my leg is not completely relaxed and straight when I inject. I used to inject sitting in a chair with my leg bent, now I sit on my bed with the leg straight out in front of me and I have no issues whatsoever. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Makes one hell of a difference. Try putting something under your leg as well, a rolled up towel or something. 25G 1in deep, prefered inj. site

Yup if I have to do quads this is the route and gauge I use and do. Also try using a heat pad and hot shower. I also use a little bit of motrin if I use prop nothing keeps the pain away so I do the above and works, only hurts about day half. MM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity