over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dana White: BJ Penn Gets Jon Fitch Next

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not a good Match up for Penn.

I agree Rajjin. Anyone at 170 that has great cardio and a solid chin is not a good match up for Penn. Fitch has both and is an excellent fighter. He took everything GSP had and just kept coming. Will be a battle for sure.... However it looks like BJ is staying in better shape at 170 now.

if penn is able to stuff the takedown he has a chance, if not then he's in for a long night

penn is well versed in all aspects of mma and he stuffs takedown and controls him on the ground with his flexivbility and submission and boxing game its over

umm wasn't Fitch the one who compleatly dominated BJ a couple months back?

Just remembered that was Edgar that did that.

Last edited:
Edgar dominated Penn because of penn's lack of heart, nothing more. If BJ had the same motivation and attitude against edgar that he just showed against hughes, it wouldve been a very different outcome.

Fitch is very good, but he's good at what GSP is the best at. GSP beats penn because of the best takedowns in the game coupled with raw power that means he can just hold penn down and punch him. Fitch isnt that strong and doesn't punch very hard. Anyone that can stop Matt hughes with punches in 21 seconds can easily stop Fitch quickly. BJ is the best fighter in any weight class he competes in from a technique/skill standpoint, its just a matter of whether he brings the conditioning and, most importantly, the heart.

I.M.H.O.

That will be a great fight...I think Penn has been at 155 for too long...thats a rough cut for him...remember at higher weights he has had the 170lb UFC title & went the distance with Machida overseas

Fitch is gonna ripp Penn a new asshole. Mark my words !!!

I agree, this should be a good fight. I could see it going both ways. If Fitch wins, it will go the entire 3 rounds, unless he can somehow submit BJ....which is possible, but I don't see it happening. I could see BJ either KO/TKO'ing or submitting Fitch though. Fitch definately has the favorable stamina over Penn....but thenit is only 3 rounds and not 5.

I'm a big Fitch fan, even though he can be boring to watch....:)

BMJ

I agree, this should be a good fight. I could see it going both ways. If Fitch wins, it will go the entire 3 rounds, unless he can somehow submit BJ....which is possible, but I don't see it happening. I could see BJ either KO/TKO'ing or submitting Fitch though. Fitch definately has the favorable stamina over Penn....but thenit is only 3 rounds and not 5.

I'm a big Fitch fan, even though he can be boring to watch....:)

BMJ

Fitch is boooring Ill agree. What he brings though is a style BJ doesnt match well against. Great wrestling and constant pressure.
Pressure will be on from the sound of the bell and he will be on him like stink on S#hit. I see Bj gassing or giving up.

Its a fight though... ya never know. Id love to see Penn put his lights out But I wouldn't put money on it.

Fitch brings a level of toughness and tenacity that eats up the cardio of Penn. Especially when Penn is up at 170, his cardio goes down the crapper. I see Fitch eating Penn up.

Fitch brings a level of toughness and tenacity that eats up the cardio of Penn. Especially when Penn is up at 170, his cardio goes down the crapper. I see Fitch eating Penn up.

Yep. He's going to stop Penn. Penn will probably gas out but I won't be surprised if he KO's Penn. A lot of other people will be surprised though. This guy is a worse matchup for Penn than Edgar ever was.

This is all in hopes of an exciting fight, and I think penn will win. Penn is so much more skilled than he shows sometimes, he just never fully has his head in the right place. Fitch is close to being cut by the UFC, as weird as that sounds, because he brings complete boredom to the ring even though he has a good record. Randy can get away wrestling 5 rounds Fitch cant. This is why Guida could keep losing but stay in the UFC because he just puts on shows that ppl wanna see.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws