over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dante's efforts to reach us..

Steroids are bad for your brain as well.

Cognitive deficits in long-term anabolic-androgenic steroid users. - PubMed - NCBI

Alcohol Depend. 2013 Jun 1;130(1-3):208-14. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2012.11.008. Epub 2012 Dec 14.

Cognitive deficits in long-term anabolic-androgenic steroid users.

Kanayama G1, Kean J, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr.

Author information

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Millions of individuals worldwide have used anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) to gain muscle or improve athletic performance. Recently, in vitro investigations have suggested that supraphysiologic AAS doses cause apoptosis of neuronal cells. These findings raise the possibility, apparently still untested, that humans using high-dose AAS might eventually develop cognitive deficits.

METHODS:

We administered five cognitive tests from the computerized CANTAB battery (Pattern Recognition Memory, Verbal Recognition Memory, Paired Associates Learning, Choice Reaction Time, and Rapid Visual Information Processing) to 31 male AAS users and 13 non-AAS-using weightlifters age 29-55, recruited and studied in May 2012 in Middlesbrough, UK. Testers were blinded to participants' AAS status and other historical data.

RESULTS:

Long-term AAS users showed no significant differences from nonusers on measures of response speed, sustained attention, and verbal memory. On visuospatial memory, however, AAS users performed significantly more poorly than nonusers, and within the user group, visuospatial performance showed a significant negative correlation with total lifetime AAS dose. These were large effects: on Pattern Recognition Memory, long-term AAS users underperformed nonusers by almost one standard deviation, based on normative population scores (adjusted mean difference in z-scores=0.89; p=0.036), and performance on this test declined markedly with increasing lifetime AAS dose (adjusted change in z-score=-0.13 per 100g of lifetime AAS dose; p=0.002). These results remained stable in sensitivity analyses addressing potential confounding factors.

CONCLUSIONS:

These preliminary findings raise the ominous possibility that long-term high-dose AAS exposure may cause cognitive deficits, notably in visuospatial memory.

so basically, we're going to have a harder time parallel parking?

Add Curtis Leffler to the growing list...

meanwhile people here look at big ramy like he's a goddam god.
how u think he's getting so massive?
must just be vitamins and creatine.
so preaching to guys who worship 300+ pound ripped bodybuilders is kinda pointless.

Amen to this.
I wonder if he just dropped dead if that would wake anyone up. The industry really ignores this side of things.

meanwhile people here look at big ramy like he's a goddam god.
how u think he's getting so massive?
must just be vitamins and creatine.
so preaching to guys who worship 300+ pound ripped bodybuilders is kinda pointless.

It's hard not to be in awe of what Ramy has accomplished...Remember, this is Professional Muscle! This forum was created by Big A for him and his friends to discuss the truth about bodybuilding...Diet, training, and AAS.

Now, at the same time, everyone needs to take whatever precautions they can to reduce the negative side effects while chasing their bodybuilding/powerlifting dreams.

It's funny, regular blood work, keeping BP in check, and using certain supplements (along with further research into supplements) really isn't that hard to do...Some people here seem to get pissed off when the discussion turns to health precautions...Don't get it.

He died in 98 WTF are you talking about?
Lol exactly...I didn't want to jump down his throat about it.

BUMP for a great read!! And thanks again Dante!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

As I've gotten older, overall health has become a lot more important to me. I've used gear for the last 14yrs. To date I've had no health issues arise from it. The highest I've ever used was ~1300-1500 mg's/wk. Now days however, I use much less. My last set of labs came back at 1,863 ng/ml total test and that is from 325 mg's/wk total done daily via micro sub-q injections. I'm perfectly happy at this level. I'm able to maintain 225-230 lbs just just fine and eat a normal clean diet.

I know I'm a nobody around here, but I do want to thank DC, as well as Knight for posting. I think Knight is a dick sometimes (much like myself), but I've gotten a lot of valuable info from his postings.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws