over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dave palumbo/Jay campbell interview micro blisters

liv2pb

Registered
Does anyone have any literature on anti estrogens causing micro blisters which eventually lead to a heart attack? Jay campbell also says that anti estrogens do absolutely nothing for gyno. Well I'm gyno prone and get a lump pretty often and reduce it to where it is not noticeable by incorporating Letrozole. He also says this is new research and 99% of doctors are unaware of these issues. Dave seems to think very highly of this guy so I wanted to see if anyone here has any info on this subject.

There are some very knowledgeable and well respected people on this forum who don't think very highly of Jay Campbell!

There are some very knowledgeable and well respected people on this forum who don't think very highly of Jay Campbell!
:yeahthat: 🖐️

That's the vibe I got as well. Dave talking highly of him made me second guess my gut feeling lol
I can't find literature anywhere on these vascular micro blisters

He also did an interview on the Ben Greenfield podcast, and he references the Dr/Study regarding the micro blisters.

My TRT doctor also says the same thing. That you shouldn't block estrogen on TRT. Supposedly it protects your cardiovascular system. He also says not to give blood.

Wish there was more consensus... not sure who to believe.

Link to podcast here:
https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/hormones-podcasts/is-metformin-safe/

Last edited:
Correction: I just looked and he doesn't actually give the name of the researcher who said that, but he says it was someone who was on his podcast within the last 2 weeks. Here is an excerpt:

"I don’t want to scare people, but it’s important that I bring this out we’re talking on the show. I just did a podcast two weeks ago with the researcher. Not a named person, so it doesn’t need a name who he is. His company has been doing a lot of research with cardiologists. They’ve been looking at men on therapeutic testosterone. They are finding that there are issues in the vascular pathways from men that are on AI’s. He referred to them as microblisters in certain vascular pathways that can lead to, technically, an MI. Anyway, bottom line is if you’re doing this right, you should not use or block your estrogen when you’re on testosterone. The one thing, Ben, that most people get confused is they think that testosterone causes, if you don’t block your estrogen, that the high estrogen effects, meaning it’s high estrogen symptoms of an elevated estrogen e2 level, which, again, is estradiol, is causing the side-effects that they think are from high estrogen. It’s not, Ben. It’s from insulin resistance and visceral fat. If you’re a dude, you got a belly, you’re on testosterone, you don’t block your estrogen, and then you feel like you have high estrogen in your mind because you’ve been told that this is high estrogen symptoms, it’s not the truth. The symptoms that you’re feeling are from your insulin resistance and your visceral fat deposition. That’s what causes high estrogen effects. The truth is you should have your estrogen between 60 and 80 or higher when you’re on testosterone to confirm minimum protective effects to your heart. Of course, all the other things we talked about."

He also did an interview on the Ben Greenfield podcast, and he references the Dr/Study regarding the micro blisters.

My TRT doctor also says the same thing. That you shouldn't block estrogen on TRT. Supposedly it protects your cardiovascular system. He also says not to give blood.

Wish there was more consensus... not sure who to believe.

Link to podcast here:
https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/hormones-podcasts/is-metformin-safe/

Your TRT doc is the one telling you not to five blood? What’s his reason for that? Genuinely curious.

Micro blisters vs hepatic adenoma...

I wonder which one I can find more clinical data on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your TRT doc is the one telling you not to five blood? What’s his reason for that? Genuinely curious.

He says its natural for athletes to have a higher RBC count, and it's a good thing. If you look at people that live in higher altitudes, they all have a high RBC count (55%), and there's no increased risk of cardiovascular events. Giving blood can reduce iron levels to an amount that is dangerously low, which causes all sorts of other problems. If you are taking supra-physiological values, this might be a different thing though of course.

Either way, I'm a new TRT patient and just trying to learn. I'm just sharing what I've heard. For me, it's really confusing because everyone seems to say something different.

Micro blisters vs hepatic adenoma...

I wonder which one I can find more clinical data on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This study says there is not a correlation between high estrogen and hepatic adenoma. Not saying there's not... I just looked it up because I'm curious who to believe and what is optimal for my health.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5076773/

Excerpt:

There seems not to be a strong association with estrogen or anabolic steroid use [Chiche et al. 2000; Grazioli et al. 2000]. However, there is a strong association with glycogen storage disease [Chiche et al. 2000; Frulio et al. 2014].

Last edited:
Giving blood can reduce iron levels to an amount that is dangerously low, which causes all sorts of other problems.

That's why I quit donating blood. Only a year donating double reds with red cross every 16 weeks and my ferritin level to drop to 14. That's next to no iron stores and it took almost a year to get ferritin levels back up. Supplementing iron just makes hematocrit rise faster.

If I remember correctly, they say 1 in 5 people who donate blood regularly end up with iron deficiency. Iron is really important for developing proper rbc's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's why I quit donating blood. Only a year donating double reds with red cross every 16 weeks and my ferritin level to drop to 14. That's next to no iron stores and it took almost a year to get ferritin levels back up. Supplementing iron just makes hematocrit rise faster.

If I remember correctly, they say 1 in 5 people who donate blood regularly end up with iron deficiency. Iron is really important for developing proper rbc's.

Ferrous sulphate is a god send for increasing ferritin, and it doesn't raise H/H all that much either at least for me.

I just finished reading Jay Campbell’s book Metabolic Blowtorch, I also am starting the TRT book he has. I will tell you this: I didn’t learn much from the book, it’s all stuff we discuss on the forums. It is a good read, but they are very little of any references to studies. At one point he recommends referring to Lyle McDonalds book for a guide on how to dose yohimbine lol. After reading newer books like Dr Scott Stevenson’s Fortitude Training, Stan Efferding’s Verticle Diet, or any of the John Meadows Training programs/body part manuals, this book just came off like straight bro science. I would err on the side of caution when listening to this guy. He might be correct, but fact check that shit for yourself to be sure!

I just finished reading Jay Campbell’s book Metabolic Blowtorch, I also am starting the TRT book he has. I will tell you this: I didn’t learn much from the book, it’s all stuff we discuss on the forums. It is a good read, but they are very little of any references to studies. At one point he recommends referring to Lyle McDonalds book for a guide on how to dose yohimbine lol. After reading newer books like Dr Scott Stevenson’s Fortitude Training, Stan Efferding’s Verticle Diet, or any of the John Meadows Training programs/body part manuals, this book just came off like straight bro science. I would err on the side of caution when listening to this guy. He might be correct, but fact check that shit for yourself to be sure!

His only statement that I actually care about is the micro blister ai correlation, and there seems to be zero research on it lol.

I finally decided to get my Ferritin tested due to fear of a deficiency. I donate every 2-3 months and have been doing so for years. I've never tested ferritin before and I do not take iron supplements. Still waiting on results

What I got from the interview was forget AI. You either have a gyno gene or you dont.

Really?

Dont worry about estrogen? I get it everyone is always paranoid about estrogen but just forget about it all together is the new bro science?

I do know the most current trending info in the TRT field at least is that many of the more experienced doctors now are not recommend ai's in most circumstances. The often for many men seem to do more harm that good. Note this is TRT.

What I got from the interview was forget AI. You either have a gyno gene or you dont.

Really?

Dont worry about estrogen? I get it everyone is always paranoid about estrogen but just forget about it all together is the new bro science?

The idea is to use a low enough dose that you don't develop gyno. They are talking about TRT, not steroid cycles.

I finally decided to get my Ferritin tested due to fear of a deficiency. I donate every 2-3 months and have been doing so for years. I've never tested ferritin before and I do not take iron supplements. Still waiting on results
What do your mch, mchc, and rdw values look like? Those are a good indicator for iron deficiency. If mch and mchc are low and rdw is high, your ferritin will most likely come in low.

Really?

Keep in mind, he is talking about TRT only. If you are on cycle, it might be worth it. He says levels of 80 are good though. A lot of people maybe take too much and try getting it down to 20-25 I think.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity