over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dave Vs. Doc (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, i was not privy to the conversation between Dave and his physician. We only have one side of the story (Dave's). I'm not questioning Dave's interpretation of his office visit with the doc, but we all know there are 3 sides to every issue...my version, your version and the correct version.

If events occurred as Dave describes, i do believe the doc was wrong to divulge private information between him and his patient (who is an ADULT) to a third party without the consent of the patient. That being said, the actions of the doc DO NOT meet the threshold of malpractice in this circumstance.

I understand the nature of this board and the tendency for people of like cause to band together. However, what is at issue here is a doc with a patient who has ADMITTED possessing and using drugs without a prescription. I dont care who says what, the doctor had EVERY right to call the police right then and there if he was so inclined.

I recommended Dave drop the issue primarily because it dealt with AAS...illegally obtained AAS (he didnt have a script for its use). Secondly, the doc would not have lost any attempts at litigation. In fact, the case would probably have been dismissed even before it got to court. Thirdly, in THIS circumstance, this physician will NOT loose his license...wont even get a warning.

Everything comes back to the FACT that Dave admitted illegal activty to the doc and it may be in the medical chart. I dont think dave made a wise choice to confront the physician, but in the end, he did the right thing by moving on with his life.

If one decides to use AAS (which i dont condone, of course), i think the best way to find a doc is by word of mouth. The WORSE thing one can do is avoid check-ups and get into a situation like Tom Prince.

Re: Man

Ivan said:
I agree with Marianna, anger will hurt you..

Lifenatty ---- you see here, we are a family and we treat each other with some degree of respect and appreciation. When we say the "tone" you are using it is pretty easy to pick up the vibe you are sending out...and it is one where you make us feel like idiots (typical doctor attitude) and that since you are a doc, your word is gold. Sorry to say bro, but most docs I talk to are so grossly misinformed or uneducated in the field of BB, that I know more than them -- and they STILL act like I do not know what I am talking about.....it is the high-horse syndrome...won't fly here whatsoever. Be a good contributing member, using the knowledge you have in an educational way, not a belittling way, and you will have a good home here.

That is true we are a family here and I would back someone I know from getting to know on these fitness boards over someone that comes in on a high horse and talks down to us. I do not care what book knowledge you have...until you have done trial and error in this sport, do not come in and toss your words at us like we were children.

I respect the time a doctor has taken to improve their knowledge through hours of studying and hours of internship work. But please respect us as we have spent hours doing trial and error and consulting with others that have already walked in the footsteps we soon hope to fill.

With this in mind, I hope you contribute tons of information to this and other boards. I am sure we look forward to your posts?

Last edited:
Ivan-

dont need or want a lecture from you. While i may be a "newbie" to this board, i am well-versed with discussion board etiquette. You need to check your own tone.

I have insight regarding this issue that you dont have and will never have, so instead of being confrontational, read my posts and maybe you'll learn something.

Steak-

go back and read all of the posts regarding Dave's situation. From the beginning, almost everyone was blindly telling him to sue the doctor. He was being told to get his license revoked, get revenge, just ridiculous advice.

I simply brought reality to the picture from a unique point of view. I didnt flaunt any of my medical or bodybuilding knowledge.

Like i said, the issue is done...squash it.

Last edited:
Lifenatty said:
Steak-

go back and read all of the posts regarding Dave's situation. From the beginning, almost everyone was blindly telling him to sue the doctor. He was being told to get his license revoked, get revenge, just ridiculous advice.

I simply brought reality to the picture from a unique point of view. I didnt flaunt any of my medical or bodybuilding knowledge.

IT IS SQUASHED...

I agree that one should not take a AAS issue and run to the nearest court...the court system is blind and would not understand our lifestyle. I just think DAVE should analyze all his information and ask an attorney if he has a case. I am sure a lot of people want to see the DOC go down for what he did...hell, it pisses us all off. DAVE should make the rigth choice once he has all of his information together.

Maybe I WILL LEARN SOMETHING?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AH HA HA...

YEAH...My ass....

Well I was nice to you and that did not work. I should just forget this all, but it is apparant that you are another self-centered doctor prick who thinks he knows it all as usual...

A champion bber huh? LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING DOC....THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING I COULD LEARN FROM YOU BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SLIGHTEST CLUE ON HOW TO TALK TO SOMEBODY. You want to know why Tom Prince had probs? BECAUSE doctors like yourself WILL go to the authorities, or they will say AAS are terrible for you, when they DO NOT KNOW shit about it. YOU DISGUST ME WITH YOUR HIGH ECHELON BS. Now I am being confrontational little man, I gave you a chance, and you blew it. Your sour ass know it all Spit-and-polish-by-the-book attitude is seriously not wanted here. Did you read what Pat said?

Last edited:
Lifenatty

bro you said in your other post you dont condone aas and ,you used the word "drug user" well i hate to let the cat out of the bag but, THATS WHAT THIS BOARD IS ABOUT

"While i may be a "newbie" to this board, i am well-versed with discussion board etiquette. "

realy well sir i think you need to re read your other posts cause your form of board "etiquette. " was the reason i made a reply in the first place here since you have a hard time see it ill post some

natty"listen to the backwards, ill-advised recommendations of individuals"

who might be these "backwards, ill-advised" people us? the people of the board i assume you intend on helping you with your training
natty
You cannot get his license revoked (that makes me laugh). Revoked?? Get serious. You will loose any litigation and when your drug use becomes public knowledge...think about the repercussions. You are NOT thinking

so this is proper board etiquette ,news to me

you see i have no probs with your advice ,my prob is how you come across again this is not the way to talk on this board or any other

natty I have insight regarding this issue that you dont have and will never have, so instead of being confrontational, read my posts and maybe you'll learn something

yes you are right i did learn something i learned you need to move on and find a board with fellows that think like you calling us "drug users" and backwards wont make buds here

natty I didnt flaunt any of my medical or bodybuilding knowledge.

no sir what you did is show your lack of bodybuilding knowledge

now im done but , not because you said it was because i will not answer another of your replys again on anything

Re: Man

Ivan said:
I agree with Marianna, anger will hurt you..

Lifenatty ---- you see here, we are a family and we treat each other with some degree of respect and appreciation. When we say the "tone" you are using it is pretty easy to pick up the vibe you are sending out...and it is one where you make us feel like idiots (typical doctor attitude) and that since you are a doc, your word is gold. Sorry to say bro, but most docs I talk to are so grossly misinformed or uneducated in the field of BB, that I know more than them -- and they STILL act like I do not know what I am talking about.....it is the high-horse syndrome...won't fly here whatsoever. Be a good contributing member, using the knowledge you have in an educational way, not a belittling way, and you will have a good home here.

well put

THANK YOU

Preist, my bro, I needed that ;)

I agree with what you said 100% :)

Lifenatty said:

I understand the nature of this board and the tendency for people of like cause to band together. However, what is at issue here is a doc with a patient who has ADMITTED possessing and using drugs without a prescription. I dont care who says what, the doctor had EVERY right to call the police right then and there if he was so inclined.

he had no right at all to call the police when the first word out of my mouth were asking "I want to first know nothing leaves the ROOM and everything stays CONFIDENTIAL" the nurse asked what I was thier for, i wouldnt speak to her she seemed confused, i said im not even certain if im staying until I see if he can help me or not and I only want to talk to him.

Lifenatty said:
Ivan-

dont need or want a lecture from you. While i may be a "newbie" to this board, i am well-versed with discussion board etiquette. You need to check your own tone.

I have insight regarding this issue that you dont have and will never have, so instead of being confrontational, read my posts and maybe you'll learn something.

For only having 11 post you sure do talk powerful here, your ego seems to be a bit too big, I have a strong feeling unless your attitude changes you wont last here at all, when u flame with every post. u know nothing about Ivan to say quote "I have insight regarding this issue that you dont have and will never have" this kind of talk is definitly unacaptable here IMO... keep it up see how long u last.

Daveb_19 said:

he had no right at all to call the police when the first word out of my mouth were asking "I want to first know nothing leaves the ROOM and everything stays CONFIDENTIAL" the nurse asked what I was thier for, i wouldnt speak to her she seemed confused, i said im not even certain if im staying until I see if he can help me or not and I only want to talk to him.

YEP and THIS is the reason why we cannot go to most docs. Because in our country we are criminals. It sometimes is a no-win situation.

I havent even read steat, priest, ivan your guys post befored i posted, im glad to now reread the whole thread and see where all on the same track, im guessing with as much as he learned with books he missed a lesson with proper communication, understanding if you wanting someone to listen to you not hear you, you have to talk respectfully and open minded.... I agree "doctor dipship needs to find a new board"

Re: THANK YOU

Ivan said:
Preist, my bro, I needed that ;)

I agree with what you said 100% :)

yea bro i just dont get why this fellow would join a board where most of the talk is about what he dont condone? and dave is right what an ego to talk crap to people who have been tried and true to this board man if i had to pay for all the advice from all of you id go broke lol mabe natty should take up golf or something where "drugs" arnt an issue

Last edited:
Re: Re: THANK YOU

preist943 said:

yea bro i just dont get why this fellow would join a board where most of the talk is about what he dont condone? and dave is right what an ego to talk crap to people who have been tried and true to this board man if i had to pay for all the advice from all of you id go broke lol mabe natty should talk up golf or something where "drugs" arnt an issue

It may sound a bit of an overstaement but I owe my whole life where im at to bbing forums I met my G/F who im so much in love with on abcbodybuilding through a pm, who im goin to meet in less then 3 weeks now, i learned 90% of my knowledge through HERE and ripped mass about gear and in the last year, after checking my old post I have came along way, and I dont ever want to stop expanding it, I dont take this board for granted or RM. word of mouth may not be the most factual accurate way to obtain knowledge but it has its benefits over the stuff in the books if u know what i mean. Also financially this board has helpd me a great deal, I havent worked in months and im still able to get by great.

Daveb_19 said:

he had no right at all to call the police when the first word out of my mouth were asking "I want to first know nothing leaves the ROOM and everything stays CONFIDENTIAL"

That's not exactly true bro. While I agree with what is being said by most here, you should know that the doctor has every right (and actually is required to) report illegal drug use to the authorities. Doesn't matter what you say to him, or if he swears on his mom's grave, lol.

Be that as it may, it sucks that he did that to you. Doctors have a general "I'm better than you" attitude, and HATE to be questioned. I can tell you of a few times I've given someone a diagnosis, and when they went to the doc and told them what I said, the doctor just couldn't believe that person would listen to anyone outside of the medical realm. Funny thing is I was right on all counts. A general practitioner's job is not that fucking hard, I don't know why they have to be high and mighty. Everyone puts thier pants on one leg at a time.

wolverine said:

That's not exactly true bro. While I agree with what is being said by most here, you should know that the doctor has every right (and actually is required to) report illegal drug use to the authorities. Doesn't matter what you say to him, or if he swears on his mom's grave, lol.

Be that as it may, it sucks that he did that to you. Doctors have a general "I'm better than you" attitude, and HATE to be questioned. I can tell you of a few times I've given someone a diagnosis, and when they went to the doc and told them what I said, the doctor just couldn't believe that person would listen to anyone outside of the medical realm. Funny thing is I was right on all counts. A general practitioner's job is not that fucking hard, I don't know why they have to be high and mighty. Everyone puts thier pants on one leg at a time.

I think i was thinking more ethically not legally lol.. he did agree so hes a fucker for lying.. guess thats the end of that.

Don't listen to Lifenatty; as I stated in the other thread, I am also in the medical field. I know for a fact that if I did something as your doc did then I could lose my license.

We share office space with a physician who has been around for many years and is quite well known. I am not sure what his schedule is this week but I will try and ask him about this. He is very knowledgeable in many areas and may have some good insight.

Also the doc cannot use the excuse that he is trying to protect you from harm. That excuse would only be valid if he felt that there was some immediate danger. If that was the case then he would have had to respond with a sense of urgency as opposed to waiting to tell your mom the next time he saw her. In addition he would have to contact someone other than your mom(such as a police agency); as telling your mommy on you does not constitute protecting someone from immediate danger.

Right now, in order to avoid the hassle of lawyers, litigation, etc.. your best bet is to do some research and find the exact federal statute that he violated along with the penalty. Then present him with that info in a very professional manner so he can see that you actually know what you are talking about and not some lunatic off the streets. Also look up in BOMEX(Board of medical Examiners) and see if he has been investigated before. It is public record of how many times he has had claims filed against him, how many have been dismissed, and the details of the ones that were not dismissed; as well as the penalties if any he has served. I would present him with this info as well as the info mentioned above. I think once you do that, he will change his tune. You now have to decide if it is worth the work and time or not; but if it were me I would not let it go.

First off Lifenatty,

What the doctor did was unethical...PERIOD!
and I did some checking of my own, and NO, the doctor didn't have the right 'ethicaly' to tell anyone, let alone call the police. even though he 'legally' had grounds to call them, he can still be sued because he went out of his binding obligated jurisdiction as a doctor...patient doctor confidentiality...
Because it is LEGAL to take AS, but ILLEGAL to possess them, the doctor had NO right to make that call. Because Dave was confiding in his PERSONAL use of AS, and not in DISTRIBUTING, the doctor has no leg to stand on....
the police CANNOT make an arrest with no evidence of drugs present, it is heresay, and DO NOT make an arrest in such a case because it IS legal to use, but NOT to possess without a perscription...and they know it would get tossed out of court...

hope this helps.....

and I know for a fact that you have issues in regards with the use of AS, and that is why you are taking the stand you are...
I agree, he shouldn't persue this, but ONLY if it is out of anger and driven by the wrong emotion......
but clearly out of principle, I myself would take it to the furthest extremes.....that is if I was only using and not trafficking....

peace
marianna:)

BASHING DELETED no need for it...

but I still have IVAN'S back :)

Last edited:
Like i said, squash the issue. Nothing is being gained by talking trash back and forth over the internet. The issue is over. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear