Dave Vs. Doc (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
obviusly financially i cannot sue him althought as we just got in a huge argument I threatened him with that, all he did was talk shit to me saying im a "drug abuser" and will lose if I pursue this ect.. and that he didnt tell my mother anything except him a hardworking kid, which is it? anywya the end of the convo he was just saying go ahead pursue this u cannot do anything to me ect... and i just said we will find out.

My question, what is the process to get his licence revoked.. He did vilotae the law, who would I report it too w/o causing problems for myself, should I have any fear know since he has all my info he decided to get a little revenge and open his mouth about me again, he oculd twist words saying i threatened him and im a dealer/user ect... and they would trust his word and I will be fucked this is making me really nervous.

well first off you would never tell your doctor you are a dealer.. so thats out of the question, it wouldnt make any sense. number 2 it isnt illegal to use steroids.. but it is illegal to posess them. also do you think he is going to tell you that you have a reasonable case against him?

Take care,

Todd

Got Juice said:
well first off you would never tell your doctor you are a dealer.. so thats out of the question, it wouldnt make any sense. number 2 it isnt illegal to use steroids.. but it is illegal to posess them. also do you think he is going to tell you that you have a reasonable case against him?

Take care,

Todd

no but, if you read the original thread it seems a lot of members thought I had a solid case although thats not even an option now.

NOT thinking

I (a practicing surgeon) advised you to leave the issue alone. Drop it. You rather listen to the backwards, ill-advised recommendations of individuals who have NO first-hand knowledge of medicine and the law. Now, you've alienated your physician, made threats against him, considered making up lies to "get him", and whatever else you've concocted.

You can continue to pursue this pitiful, trivial exercise in futility, OR you can drop the issue. You are digging a big, deep hole for yourself and in the end, YOU will be the one to suffer. Like i said before, you will not and cannot do anything to that physician. You cannot get his license revoked (that makes me laugh). Revoked?? Get serious. You will loose any litigation and when your drug use becomes public knowledge...think about the repercussions.

You are NOT thinking. Drop the issue bro. I'm trying to help you.

I live in the same state as yourself. If you want to discuss this offline, we can do that.

I think im atleast goign ot make a complaint to ama as advised..

dave, i know your young and have tons of medical bills and dont have the money to pursue a lawsuit, so im not saying sue him..

however doctors are "NOT" above the law.. its not like they cant do any wrong, i dont give a shit what lifenatty says.. have you heard of docs getting sued for malpracitce or other things of that nature??? im sure i have.

its total bullshit that the doc said anything to your mom, about your medical records, if you arent under her insurance, which i know you dont have insurance, then theres no reason for him to say anything to her.. that doc need to learn to keep his phucking mouth shut about peoples medical records.

also, like i said before you arent a drug addict, and its not illegal to use steroids... if you want, find an ambulance chaser lawyer and just see if he would accept the case, then kind of lawyers, who you dont have to pay until they collect.

Take care, and stick with your guns, i dont think thats right, do what you feel is..

GJ

Dave

I've watched this thread(s) evolve. My input:

Take a look at this link. Notice in particular the last sentence of the 1st paragraph:

**broken link removed**

Your doctor might need only state that he was concerned for your physical welfare and he *could* be (I am neither a physician nor attorney) legally (and ethically, at least in his mind and that of the medical authorities) justified to have revealed your information to a 3rd party.

Rick Collins might be able to give you a quick answer to whether you would stand a chance w/ legal action.

Lastly, consider what you are trying to accomplish. I know it hurts and pisses you off to no end that you would trust this Doc and he would seemingly turn on you. Consider that he is human and that he probably did not disclose your info. out of malicious intent. He likely did what he thought was right, and was not as well informed about steroid use as he should have been.

If it were me, I would try to be the better man and forgive this Doctor for his error. In fact, rise above this, write him a letter and recommend reading that might help him with these types of matters in the future.

Good Luck, Dave.

-Randy

Good link

But ir shows that Lifenatty was COMPLETELY wrong hahaha, read the last paragraph, or here, I will post it:

Physicians should become familiar with laws involving the duty to maintain confidentiality. Any breach in confidentiality--even one that seems minor--can result in mistrust and, possibly, a lawsuit and/or disciplinary action. <---- 'nuff said.

What Is a Breach of Confidentiality?
A breach of confidentiality is a disclosure to a third party, without patient consent or court order, of private information that the physician has learned within the patient-physician relationship. Disclosure can be oral or written, by telephone or fax, or electronically, for example, via e-mail or health information networks. The medium is irrelevant, although special security requirements may apply to the electronic transfer of information.

The legal basis for imposing liability for a breach of confidentiality is more extensive than ethical guidelines, which dictate the morally right thing to do. Although current law in this area has been referred to as "a crazy quilt of state and federal law," protecting patients' confidentiality is the law of the land. Included in the patchwork are federal and state constitutional privacy rights, federal and state legislation and regulation governing both medical records and licensing, and specific federal and state legislation designed to protect sensitive information (e.g., HIV test results, genetic screening information, mental health records, and drug and alcohol abuse rehabilitation information

DID HE DO ANY OF THAT???

If your mother would testify, then you have a case

Doctors are like a Fraternity...most feel they are above you and you have no clue what the human body can and cannot do. They stick by each other...if I was a DOC and I heard someone was goign to make a case, I would try and talk them out of it too. Hey this DOC could have slept through MED SCHOOL and received C-'s all through his term??

Anyways I would talk with RICK COLLINS like HOMONUNCULUS stated

Re: NOT thinking

Lifenatty said:
I (a practicing surgeon) advised you to leave the issue alone. Drop it. You rather listen to the backwards, ill-advised recommendations of individuals who have NO first-hand knowledge of medicine and the law. Now, you've alienated your physician, made threats against him, considered making up lies to "get him", and whatever else you've concocted.

You can continue to pursue this pitiful, trivial exercise in futility, OR you can drop the issue. You are digging a big, deep hole for yourself and in the end, YOU will be the one to suffer. Like i said before, you will not and cannot do anything to that physician. You cannot get his license revoked (that makes me laugh). Revoked?? Get serious. You will loose any litigation and when your drug use becomes public knowledge...think about the repercussions.

You are NOT thinking. Drop the issue bro. I'm trying to help you.

i think you should have read daves other thread of what happend before you wrote this and this statement realy bothers me "You cannot get his license revoked (that makes me laugh). Revoked?? Get serious. You will loose any litigation " you said you were a doc i didnt know you were a lawer as well, you sound pretty high and mighty with that tone ,as far as were concernd you just joined this board and until proven other wise your a newbee you should rethink the way you speak to long term members. the advice from the bros on this site i belive is very sound live and learn .

Re: Re: NOT thinking

preist943 said:

i think you should have read daves other thread of what happend before you wrote this and this statement realy bothers me "You cannot get his license revoked (that makes me laugh). Revoked?? Get serious. You will loose any litigation " you said you were a doc i didnt know you were a lawer as well, you sound pretty high and mighty with that tone ,as far as were concernd you just joined this board and until proven other wise your a newbee you should rethink the way you speak to long term members. the advice from the bros on this site i belive is very sound live and learn .

Well said my brother.

Re: Good link

Ivan said:
But ir shows that Lifenatty was COMPLETELY wrong hahaha, read the last paragraph, or here, I will post it:

Physicians should become familiar with laws involving the duty to maintain confidentiality. Any breach in confidentiality--even one that seems minor--can result in mistrust and, possibly, a lawsuit and/or disciplinary action. <---- 'nuff said.

hes been unsuportive this whole time, didnt understand that must be in medical field himself, anyway im not pursuing anything iI dont want any trouble formyself so I already am moving on.

Re: Good link

Ivan said:

This is exactly my point - I don't know the law, and Rick Collins seems like a good place to start.

The question I had was: Is it legally considered a breach of confidentiality if the doctor reveals the information because he believes the patient will do harm to himself?

-Randy

doesn't the doctor have to PROVE that the patient is indeed a threat to himself?

Lifenatty is a doctor, so he's looking from a different perspective....if he can give some insight as to why he feels this should not go further, I'm sure we would be eager to listen to what he has to say....instead of creeping around issues and dodging a direct answer....

marianna:)

I'm gonna have to agree with preist here. Lifnatty, did you read the board rules. You say your trying to help, but with that tone...it sounds like your flaming dave.....oh , you don't know what flaming is, read the rules! Either help the guy, which I don't think you can because you don't study law or leave him alone and let someone that knows what they're talking about help him. Dave, like others said.....it's probably worth asking Rick Collins before pursuing anything, take care!

patk

Daveb_19,

you catch more bees with honey.....freakin' out at your doctor just shows instability to the powers that be who will be judging your case....Personally, I think he won't admit he said anything anyway, and you will need your mother to stand up for you...

if you approach this hot headed and with anger, guess which approach the doctors gonna take? you guessed it, 'roid rage'. So be diplomatic and use only facts to try your case, not your anger....I know it's difficult to not let emotion dictate, but the only way to deal with any problem is to detatch yourself emotionaly and then address it....

I believe what he did was wrong, but it's how you go about it that will determine the outcome...

best of luck,

marianna:)

what matters most

What matters most is that Dave has made the right choice. He has decided to drop the issue. A young man has made the correct decision for HIS future.

For the record, i've already mentioned i am a practicing physician and state bb champion, so i know first-hand the issues involved. Secondly, my sister is a malpractice attorney and i consulted with her prior to making my very first post.

I will not even respond to some of the other ludicrous posts in this thread.

Marianna, if you have specific questions, i'll be happy to answer them.

Lifenatty,

Do you think it's ethical to do what this doctor did?

Do you feel he doesn't have a case because it was about steroids?

How do you think one should handle a situation like this?

I am curious to know what you think....

marianna :)

Man

I agree with Marianna, anger will hurt you..

Lifenatty ---- you see here, we are a family and we treat each other with some degree of respect and appreciation. When we say the "tone" you are using it is pretty easy to pick up the vibe you are sending out...and it is one where you make us feel like idiots (typical doctor attitude) and that since you are a doc, your word is gold. Sorry to say bro, but most docs I talk to are so grossly misinformed or uneducated in the field of BB, that I know more than them -- and they STILL act like I do not know what I am talking about.....it is the high-horse syndrome...won't fly here whatsoever. Be a good contributing member, using the knowledge you have in an educational way, not a belittling way, and you will have a good home here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner