over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Day of Contest....

With all due respect to Emeric, we have huge differences between us in the amount of carbs that we think somebody needs to load on.

Skip

With all due respect to Emeric, we have huge differences between us in the amount of carbs that we think somebody needs to load on.

Skip

Yes, varies depending on biochemical individuality, training intensity, training duration. Carb loding for BBs is a special case, demands on the body are smaller during bb competition than during other sports. Muscle glycogen levels plateau at an intake of 650grams of carbs per day after deplition.

Yes, varies depending on biochemical individuality, training intensity, training duration. Carb loding for BBs is a special case, demands on the body are smaller during bb competition than during other sports. Muscle glycogen levels plateau at an intake of 650grams of carbs per day after deplition.

I agree with you on every point in your post but not the last one. :) Though I will give you that your number is likely much closer than the 300 or 400 that is often quoted by others.

I am not taking anything away from your knowledge or experience. I just don't like black and white numbers and even if that number were absolutely correct and accurate, the INTAKE of carbs would have to be much higher in my opinion.

Hey, it just wouldn't be much fun if we agreed on everything. lol

Skip

I agree with you on every point in your post but not the last one. :) Though I will give you that your number is likely much closer than the 300 or 400 that is often quoted by others.

I am not taking anything away from your knowledge or experience. I just don't like black and white numbers and even if that number were absolutely correct and accurate, the INTAKE of carbs would have to be much higher in my opinion.

Skip

Just did a trial run with 1200 grams and honestly I felt like I could have eaten more. If you are VERY depleted, your body just sucks that stuff up. The first few meals barely made a dent. I'll just say that if you are very depelted, which is the key, you probably need more than you think. Just my opinion and from experience.

I kinda like this thread. I've always done a carb deplete and carb load, but never can make myself carb up enough so as a result I look a little flat. So, this year I am not going to do a carb load and just stick to my diet all the way up to Thursday and then just carb up a little bit on Friday and Saturday morning. I'm not sure how many carbs I will consume yet, but still experimenting with this whole thing. My show is in a little over 2 weeks away. I prey that all goes well.

Or you could just "fill and spill" and clean up the water over 2-3 days before the show while remaining full from not training and doing cardio and .... hit the stage dry and full. Just a thought. ;)

Skip

I kinda like this thread. I've always done a carb deplete and carb load, but never can make myself carb up enough so as a result I look a little flat. So, this year I am not going to do a carb load and just stick to my diet all the way up to Thursday and then just carb up a little bit on Friday and Saturday morning. I'm not sure how many carbs I will consume yet, but still experimenting with this whole thing. My show is in a little over 2 weeks away. I prey that all goes well.

Skip

One of the problems that bbs they do is that they don`t know how to deplit.
Typically you see them riding a bike or walking the stairmaster in order to deplete, that is the wrong way. Also they don`t keep liquid intake high during the loading, and they don`t know that after the first 24hrs the loading response diminishes.

Just did a trial run with 1200 grams and honestly I felt like I could have eaten more. If you are VERY depleted, your body just sucks that stuff up. The first few meals barely made a dent. I'll just say that if you are very depelted, which is the key, you probably need more than you think. Just my opinion and from experience.

Yes, if you are over 250lb all muscle and you did the depletion the wright way than the first 24hr you can have higher carbs then 650grs, and you need to get those carbs in to the muscle slowly.

Or you could just "fill and spill" and clean up the water over 2-3 days before the show while remaining full from not training and doing cardio and .... hit the stage dry and full. Just a thought. ;)

Skip

Yes, that is on other way to do it.

So what is your thought on taking a diuretic after you cut your water and have carbed up...? lets say 16-20 hr out before Pre-J... NO diuretic or take one..?

Now for the all time BIG question....Say if you go to a big show "nationals" on Friday...come in dry for Pre-J then make the finals for the next day (sat).. what happens to you in between..? do you stay dry..drink..lets say 32oz of water still carb up...add more salt..?
Emeric.. I would love to hear your thoughts on that...or any one else who has been through that.

So what is your thought on taking a diuretic after you cut your water and have carbed up...? lets say 16-20 hr out before Pre-J... NO diuretic or take one..?

Now for the all time BIG question....Say if you go to a big show "nationals" on Friday...come in dry for Pre-J then make the finals for the next day (sat).. what happens to you in between..? do you stay dry..drink..lets say 32oz of water still carb up...add more salt..?
Emeric.. I would love to hear your thoughts on that...or any one else who has been through that.

Don`t cut the water out, keep drinking 50% of you normal water intake. No need for diuretic. After the pre-j( between) you have to maintain a stedy flow of insuline with as little fluctiation as possible in blood levels of insuline, to do this carb intake should be as even as possible.

Skip

By "Fill and Spill" you mean to load water and cut water; am I right?

Agreed, Emeric.
Hell, I don't think depleting is even necessary, anyway. Most are depleted plenty as they come close to the last week of prep before a show and if you aren't, then just don't fucking load. I think that a lot of times this entire process gets overcomplicated.

Skip
One of the problems that bbs they do is that they don`t know how to deplit.
Typically you see them riding a bike or walking the stairmaster in order to deplete, that is the wrong way. Also they don`t keep liquid intake high during the loading, and they don`t know that after the first 24hrs the loading response diminishes.

Diuretics are touch and go. I don't need them 90% of the time with my loading and the leaner you are, the less likely you are to hold water or for holding water to be an issue. At the same time, you should have something on hand in case you don't have the water off for one reason or another. Always be prepared but I don't rely on a diuretic, ever.

The answer to your last question about two day contests i that few people in the industry get this right because it is very complicated. I do get it right and I have an approach that works incredibly well and incredibly consistently so .... I will be keeping that to myself. :D

Skip

No. I mean to load so many carbs that you spillover and are so fucking full that you feel like you just got done training and your skin is going to split. Then, you take the time to let the water shift and piss your brains out when you return to your normal diet with typically high water intake and after X amount of days you are still full but dry and ready.

It is SO much less of a gamble that I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it. Intead, you have people counting out carbs and petrified that they might spill over when it is still 3 or 4 days before a show. What does that lead to? Taking in too few carbs and never filling out even close to what they should have.

Skip
By "Fill and Spill" you mean to load water and cut water; am I right?

No. I mean to load so many carbs that you spillover and are so fucking full that you feel like you just got done training and your skin is going to split. Then, you take the time to let the water shift and piss your brains out when you return to your normal diet with typically high water intake and after X amount of days you are still full but dry and ready.

It is SO much less of a gamble that I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it. Intead, you have people counting out carbs and petrified that they might spill over when it is still 3 or 4 days before a show. What does that lead to? Taking in too few carbs and never filling out even close to what they should have.

Skip

Ah.. Ok, I gotcha. Sounds like a good plan. Thank you for answering my question. This is my last show of the year (I think :rolleyes:). I really wanted to do this one all my own with some little advise from people that know. But for my next show I'm going to get you to help me out. I've researched you a bit and am impressed with the results. Thanks again.

i dont know if this is right or wrong, but its been my method that i have used for several shows and it has worked for me

10 days out until 4 days out i do 0 carbs, except in the form of veggies. my sodium is not monitored and my protein is at around 320g a day.

at 4 days out i intro carbs back in about 100g per day in the form of brown rice, but i take out sodium by not adding any additional to my meals. again protein is still at 320g a day.

on fri, i drink water up until 3pm ( usually about 1/2 gal by that time) and take 1 dzide, 3 hours later, 1/2 aldactone, all without drinking anymore water from 3pm on.

at 6pm i start to load, i usually eat burgers and pizza and some type of sweets like banana cream pie or cup cakes. ill eat every 2 hours up until about 2am. i go to bed, wake up and at 6am i eat a breakfast that consist of pancakes/syrup bacon sausage and hashbrowns, a FEW ice cubes with this breakfast. ill take a look, if im still holding water, then ill pop another aldactone (1/2 tab)

after competitors meeting ill eat like 6-8 jelly filled dounuts here and there until pre judging.

by not drinking any water and filling up wth the foods that i choose allows me to come in very full and dry.

as i said, maybe you think this is all bullshit, but its coming from personal experience

Don`t cut the water out, keep drinking 50% of you normal water intake. No need for diuretic. After the pre-j( between) you have to maintain a stedy flow of insuline with as little fluctiation as possible in blood levels of insuline, to do this carb intake should be as even as possible.

what type of carbs do you stick with..? Complex (Potato,rice, oat meal) or Simple carbs (fruit)..High GI or low GI..? dried fruit raw fruit..? or mix it up.....?

Thanks

I usually do High GI at first then switch to sweet potatoes with no skin however it get me super gassy as well as Honey and peanut butter day of show

And I am terribly funny and not bad looking, either. Just sayin'.

Seriously, I would be happy to discuss working with you. Thank you for the kind words.

Skip
Ah.. Ok, I gotcha. Sounds like a good plan. Thank you for answering my question. This is my last show of the year (I think :rolleyes:). I really wanted to do this one all my own with some little advise from people that know. But for my next show I'm going to get you to help me out. I've researched you a bit and am impressed with the results. Thanks again.

I would say this: If it works for you, there is no good reason to change it. It doesn't matter if anything thinks it isn't right or can be better. If it works, keep doing it.

Skip
i dont know if this is right or wrong, but its been my method that i have used for several shows and it has worked for me

10 days out until 4 days out i do 0 carbs, except in the form of veggies. my sodium is not monitored and my protein is at around 320g a day.

at 4 days out i intro carbs back in about 100g per day in the form of brown rice, but i take out sodium by not adding any additional to my meals. again protein is still at 320g a day.

on fri, i drink water up until 3pm ( usually about 1/2 gal by that time) and take 1 dzide, 3 hours later, 1/2 aldactone, all without drinking anymore water from 3pm on.

at 6pm i start to load, i usually eat burgers and pizza and some type of sweets like banana cream pie or cup cakes. ill eat every 2 hours up until about 2am. i go to bed, wake up and at 6am i eat a breakfast that consist of pancakes/syrup bacon sausage and hashbrowns, a FEW ice cubes with this breakfast. ill take a look, if im still holding water, then ill pop another aldactone (1/2 tab)

after competitors meeting ill eat like 6-8 jelly filled dounuts here and there until pre judging.

by not drinking any water and filling up wth the foods that i choose allows me to come in very full and dry.

as i said, maybe you think this is all bullshit, but its coming from personal experience

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws