over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Day splitting

LDE82

Newbies
Currently on a 3 day split 6 days a week but have been having some joint issues lately. Thinking of going to a 4 day split weekly (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, friday) to try and prevent further health issues. Any thoughts on this would be welcomed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yeah def sounds better than 6 days a week. that would be too much for me. (i dont recover great and am pretty beat up) plus fack too much time in the gym lol
-F2S

I would prefer a 4 day split. 6 days would work too but its hard to recover.
Quality not Quantity....

How do you want to split the 4 days?

4 day split min for me. My joints would be fried on a 3 day split in no time

Currently on a 3 day split 6 days a week but have been having some joint issues lately. Thinking of going to a 4 day split weekly (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, friday) to try and prevent further health issues. Any thoughts on this would be welcomed. Thanks.

You may need extra rest days if your training too often and getting injured. If it were me I would cut it down to MON-WED-FRI for 6-8 weeks or until I felt recovered.

Being on the older side ( 64 ) I find three days per week and lighter weights and high reps in the 15-30 range has been an incredible joint saver. On the plus side I have not really lost any size or muscle fullness. Strength however is a fond memory but the trade off in joint comfort is a terrific consolation!

I like a 3 day split where you do your body over the course of 3 days in a row, and then you take 2 days rest. Repeat. So only training 5 days a week.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided to go with back and biceps on Monday, chest and triceps Tuesday, Wednesday off, legs and abs on Thursday, shoulders, traps, and forearms/grip on Friday, and the weekend off. Maybe some light cardio on my off days. Just started today so I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided to go with back and biceps on Monday, chest and triceps Tuesday, Wednesday off, legs and abs on Thursday, shoulders, traps, and forearms/grip on Friday, and the weekend off. Maybe some light cardio on my off days. Just started today so I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Sounds reasonable. And cardio on off days is a good thing.
Let us know about your progress.

Just finished week 2 of 4 day splits. Joints feel a LOT better and I'm having a lot less issues. But I still feel like I'm trying to "cram" my workout in everyday with the amount of time I have. So I'm thinking of taking it one step farther and going to a five day split to completely separate the muscle groups-legs, chest, back, shoulders, arms. That way I have plenty of time for each one. Thanks everyone for your input and advice. It's much appreciated.

Another thing you could try is pre-exhausting - ex. leg extensions and leg curls before squats / leg press, fly before bench press, etc. Weight on compound movements will go down but you can tax the muscle just as much with less impact on the joints.

Thanks for the idea man. I was actually watching some YouTube vids on pre-exausting earlier today and was thinking of trying something like that.

Thanks for the idea man. I was actually watching some YouTube vids on pre-exausting earlier today and was thinking of trying something like that.

I've been doing it for years. It lets me feel the target muscle much better on compound movements and has enhanced my development. I also credit it to having no injuries other than minor strains I could train around.

Another thing you could try is pre-exhausting - ex. leg extensions and leg curls before squats / leg press, fly before bench press, etc. Weight on compound movements will go down but you can tax the muscle just as much with less impact on the joints.

Thats how my former trained would do it. Pre-exhaustion and also very high intensity (rest pause, forced reps..etc. )

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131