over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

db shoulder press

I take it nobody has seen power hooks

I have these in my home gym and they are great. You hang heavy bells from a barbell in a power rack or chin bar then simply lift out.

I also don't understand why so many people fear overhead work but are happy to blast away on flat benches etc

The military press is almost a full upper body exercise, lats tight and packed, not to wide to maximise tricep power. Drive straight up and push your head through at lockout

I kick them up. The heavier I go the further out overt knee I place them, like someone else mentioned. Granted I'm not using 150.
I have shoulder issues. An for a while they never hurt. Of course this month they stated up again. Could not even press 45s without my left shoulder hurting. Typically work in80-100 range. Might go to a lot if lateral raises work and give them a break from pressing like the others had mentioned.

Which stinks cause I was making good progress on my strength for the presses. Which prbly was my undoing

Yet another good reason NOT to do shoulder presses , I know 4 people that have badly injured their shoulder not so much from the pressing but from getting the weight up or down. The only direct shoulder work I do anymore is rear lateral flys and light one arm side laterals. The rest comes from chest and back work

Ive had to have both my shoulders scoped from heavy bench and shoulder pressing when I was younger

YES, Jay Cutler torn his bicep flipping up dumbells to press

Why don't you just do them at the end of your workout so your shoulders are tired, and you won't have to use as much weight. I had the same problem as you and thats what I did. Seems to be working fine.

Why don't you just do them at the end of your workout so your shoulders are tired, and you won't have to use as much weight. I had the same problem as you and thats what I did. Seems to be working fine.

well thats what i was doing. iv'e been stuck on doing barbell presses for a while now because the the gym i was at only went up to 70lb db's and working out with 30-40% of my max on shoulder presses doesn't really work for me at the beginning of a heavy shoulder workout. now that i can do heavier db presses, i'll alternate between bb and db though.

Been out of action for 4 weeks now, kicking 125's up by myself. Did 5 warm up sets on a machine before it happened. Sooner or later it will catch up with you.

My problem wasn't getting it up until I injured myself during another exercise.

Just put it on your knee cap throw it up, hold it, and do it with the other one.

Make sure every muscle surrounding your shoulder is very strong. When you go up to a weight that high the smallest thing could screw you up. Just work everything out.

Or you could put it as your last shoulder exercise. So your shoulder is weak and you don't have to go up that high weight to get a good workout from it.

Use to sit them on knees and kick them up but getting older and not as limber.

I've found that sitting on shoulder press bench, holding DBs down by side with palms facing each other then swinging them up to shoulder height in one motion works fine.

Anything over 100s works best with someone handing them to you.

haha just thought about this but has anyone gotten the weight in place easier by doing more/heavier hammer curls? i mean isn't that about half the movement anyway? and now that i think about it i can probably hammer curl about 120 for one good rep. add some momentum to that equals about 140 or so.

I get cramps in my hip when kicking up. Messes up my set but I deal

Last edited:
Im gonna say it... Brutus, would love to see a few pics of you. I mean, DB presses with 150s and hammer curl 120s at 27y/o? Prove it! haha

Im gonna say it... Brutus, would love to see a few pics of you. I mean, DB presses with 150s and hammer curl 120s at 27y/o? Prove it! haha

well i think i may have a decent pic or two around. don't really have any workout videos yet as i workout alone with no one to take any. i'll see if i can find the pics though and maybe i can get someone to go to the gym with me for some videos.

Usually its just my left I have issue with , I get the right up easy and have someone hand me the left arm up.

That beings sad its only when i go heavy , lately been dropping the weight down a bit and working on form and concentration.

I used to have someone stabilize my elbows on the lift but not everyone knows how to do that right.

got one pic here, i think it's from last month. not sure though. definitely pumped up after working out though so not a normal pic.

Attachments

• building 012.jpg
    building 012.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 248
got one pic here, i think it's from last month. not sure though. definitely pumped up after working out though so not a normal pic.

nice size...but like was mentioned send a video of u doing the 150 's. not saying you cannnot. but i would like to see it. thats some heavy ass weight

nice size...but like was mentioned send a video of u doing the 150 's. not saying you cannnot. but i would like to see it. thats some heavy ass weight

Yea, fucking impressive. That's like almost 70kg per hand

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Damn Brutus, you are built like a tank bro!!! I believe you can press those 150's. That's pretty damn impressive. My weak ass can only do 120's for 12, haha. As for military and db presses for shoulders, I think that once we get old, we won't be able to do them anymore. I can still do them just fine and my left shoulder cracks but I don't have pain. A personal trainer at my gym who's a pretty big dude claims that he regrets ever pressing 150's back in his hey day and says that's what wrecked his shoulders. I'm shoulder dominant anyways so I think I can get away with inclines and lateral raises.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws