over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC/Hanshaw Project ...Kaboom!

One can grow *despite* doing a lot of stuff, specially if you have the genetics for it. So a genetically gifted guy might get away training like crap, specially if drugs are involved.

What you mention about velocity refers to the force-velocity curve on the concentric (not the negative), thus arguing for a more explosive concentric as it would produce more force.

You're right, I was always under the impression that it held true for the negative as well but it doesn't. My bad.

I think the (outwardly) sloppy form is because those BB'ers were born to do weight training and they have a far superior mind-muscle connection than most of us so they can make full use of the maximal velocity. Ronnie Coleman training would be a prime example.

I don't think so. All the most successful people are successful because of their physical genetics. Most of them don't know what works because anything works. Coleman didn't achieve what he did because of some innate ability to have a superior mind/muscle connection. He was able to build that physique because he's a genetic mutant and had the appetite and consistency to shove all that damn food down the hatch. He could have trained any way and gotten the same results, but he came from a powerlifting background and it was in his mind to just always try to lift heavier.

I don't think so. All the most successful people are successful because of their physical genetics. Most of them don't know what works because anything works. Coleman didn't achieve what he did because of some innate ability to have a superior mind/muscle connection. He was able to build that physique because he's a genetic mutant and had the appetite and consistency to shove all that damn food down the hatch. He could have trained any way and gotten the same results, but he came from a powerlifting background and it was in his mind to just always try to lift heavier.

Lol I remember Jerry Ward from Bios3 or whatever it is would talk about how these pros just knew how to contract their muscles so much more intensely than us normal people, that we couldn't even imagine their mind muscle connection. What a joke.

I'm not a big fan of Ben P. He defines pseudoscience in a lot of his claims. Also continuously states he doesn't have good genetics despite being an Olympia competitor, going from 155 to 260 from 15 to 19 years old, and saying he started "weak as a kitten" to emphasize how he didn't have good genetics meanwhile he was squatting 700+lb at 20 years old. Shit like that really irritates me, just delusional.

As for his lifting principles, he gets some things right of course but other things he says are just flat out false.

I agree. A lot of these guys are delusional and also forget where they come from. Someone with very poor genetics could never step on the O stage no matter how many drugs they took or how hard they trained and dieted. I learnt stuff on exercise execution from him but most of the other stuff I don't listen to. Even with exercise execution it's not like it makes a massive difference unless you were lifting like an idiot before. It will help but if you have genetically weak arms or calves for example it's not like you can make them exceptional because you establish a better mind/muscle connection. Although it definitely helps and has done with me over the years.

I'm not a big fan of Ben P. He defines pseudoscience in a lot of his claims. Also continuously states he doesn't have good genetics despite being an Olympia competitor, going from 155 to 260 from 15 to 19 years old, and saying he started "weak as a kitten" to emphasize how he didn't have good genetics meanwhile he was squatting 700+lb at 20 years old. Shit like that really irritates me, just delusional.

As for his lifting principles, he gets some things right of course but other things he says are just flat out false.

I agree with how some of them are a bit delusional about their genetics.

Not invalidating what you wrote, but one thing I did respect about Ben was how well he transformed his gut. He was one of the few that managed to remove the visceral/omental fat and actually have a decent vacuum on stage.

Showed me he had the mental fortitude or knowledge base to change that when the issue plagued so many pros.

Most recently Roelly Winklaar did a pretty good job bringing his stomach down after Arnold made fun of him.

**broken link removed**

I agree with how some of them are a bit delusional about their genetics.

Not invalidating what you wrote, but one thing I did respect about Ben was how well he transformed his gut. He was one of the few that managed to remove the visceral/omental fat and actually have a decent vacuum on stage.

Showed me he had the mental fortitude or knowledge base to change that when the issue plagued so many pros.

Most recently Roelly Winklaar did a pretty good job bringing his stomach down after Arnold made fun of him.

**broken link removed**

I wonder with him and Roelly, what physical changes were actually made. We show a relaxed bloated picture and then a posing vacuum picture, of course it will look like a huge improvement. I don't know how one could remove visceral fat other than through surgery considering these guys are already near death with how low their competition body fat is, so I imagine it was more about practicing control.

But yes no one is doubting his drive and dedication. The problem is, and it's understandable, that they see how hard they've worked and think it MUST be why. Frankly, it's only BECAUSE I didn't respond like a freak that I know my genetics aren't great, because I put in just as much work but got surpassed by people not training as hard.

Bad genetics + poor to average work ethic = Bad results
Bad genetics + amazing work ethic = OK results, realization that genetics are a huge factor because you only got kind of big with a huge amount of effort
Good genetics + poor to average work ethic = OK to good results, realization that genetics are a huge factor because you got big without much effort
Good genetics + amazing work ethic = Amazing results, belief that your results are entirely due to your efforts because from your point of view you've worked your ass off more than people around you so that must be the only reason

If anyone thinks genetics don't mean much in this sport, just take a look at Lee Priest's triceps at 19 y.o. :eek:... NO amount of drugs, food, years of training or superb lol mind muscle connection would EVER put the same size or give the same shape to current Mr O., Shawn Rhoden... and yet, who can can argue Shawn has a fantastic genetic for BB? Just not for triceps or back... :eek:

:);)

If anyone thinks genetics don't mean much in this sport, just take a look at Lee Priest's triceps at 19 y.o. :eek:... NO amount of drugs, food, years of training or superb lol mind muscle connection would EVER put the same size or give the same shape to current Mr O., Shawn Rhoden... and yet, who can can argue Shawn has a fantastic genetic for BB? Just not for triceps or back... :eek:

:);)
If you want to quit bodybuilding, go look at pictures of a young Lee Priest. Teenagers aren't fkin supposed to look like that lol

I look like the first draft of a blind sculptor whose trying to depict a muscular man; Lee looked like Michaelangelo's final piece on steroids

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you want to quit bodybuilding, go look at pictures of a young Lee Priest. Teenagers aren't fkin supposed to look like that lol

I look like the first draft of a blind sculptor whose trying to depict a muscular man; Lee looked like Michaelangelo's final piece on steroids

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I looked at his earlier pics some time ago and now I´m into lawn bowling and Tai Chi :)

Lee at 16 and 18

index.php

index.php

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0vCZagGc5w"]Lee Priest 21 Year Old BodyBuilder Posing To Astonished College Students - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not saying otherwise mate. It's just that if I or many of us normal human beings would try to throw weights around like he did, we'd get little muscle activation and it would be all momentum. Ronnie clearly could get away with it. And that is imo down to his superior mind-muscle connection. From the outside it might look like he's just throwing it all around but on the inside, that's not what's going on. Branch Warren would be another obvious example. I'm sure if you asked themselves, they would agree.

Scott Abel always used to say the most advanced bb'ers could get a workout out of posing (figuratively speaking) since they're able to activate their muscles that well. It's something that's innate to being a genetic mutant.

This by no means negates or minimizes everything else it takes to get to that size. No conflict here :)

I'm not saying otherwise mate. It's just that if I or many of us normal human beings would try to throw weights around like he did, we'd get little muscle activation and it would be all momentum. Ronnie clearly could get away with it. And that is imo down to his superior mind-muscle connection. From the outside it might look like he's just throwing it all around but on the inside, that's not what's going on. Branch Warren would be another obvious example. I'm sure if you asked themselves, they would agree.

Scott Abel always used to say the most advanced bb'ers could get a workout out of posing (figuratively speaking) since they're able to activate their muscles that well. It's something that's innate to being a genetic mutant.

You put these guys on pedestals. They're just like everybody else, only they can put on muscle better and faster than the rest of us because of their physical attributes. A Ronnie Coleman t-bar row is nothing more than moving the weight from point A to point B. A Jordan Peters, Dusty Hanshaw, Luke Sandoe t-bar row has a mind-muscle connection.

If anyone thinks genetics don't mean much in this sport, just take a look at Lee Priest's triceps at 19 y.o. :eek:... NO amount of drugs, food, years of training or superb lol mind muscle connection would EVER put the same size or give the same shape to current Mr O. . .

“He was a natural born flyer, not a cultivated one, and he had
always known it: the ability had been there from the start;
the small amount of effort required to convert it to excellence
had been small. It was like being a boy with a good memory in
a history class.”
- The Hunters, by James Salter

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume