over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC or BBB for Naturals

Mr.Purple

Newbies
Like the title says... I'm at the tail end of a cut, and soon I will be looking to put on some size again. Would you recommend Big Beyond Belief or DC training for the fastest gains if you were to do it without AAS? Would very much like to hear from natural athletes who have used DC. Thanks in advance.

I put a natural friend of mine thru dc after he hadn't changed in about 2 years and he put on about 15 lbs in about 12 months and stayed the same bf%( he has average genetics)
BBB was the first bodybuilding program I did growing up and I went from 200 to 225 in about 6 months... Was completely natural then
Tough call
Both great programs

I di DC for about 4 years while natural and made great gains in size and strength

Depends on a lot of factors... How long you've been training, your size and strength, your knowledge of your own body, how many different programs you've tried and the ones that have worked, the way your body responds to various protocols, your recovery ability, lifestyle factors.... Quite a bit needs to be considered.

That being said, I've used both and have had success on both but gained more lean body weight on DC, but I also had more years of training experience and diet knowledge when I was doing DC

Well

I have made my best progress when I'm in the gym 5-6 times a week, using mostly 3 way splits. I never did do a lot of volume. I picked up my first weight obese and messed up at 27, 210lb at 5'9. I don't remember all my lifts, but I squeaked out 315x3 on the deadlift, and was using 135 for bench, and squatting about 135 too. 31 now and weighing 172-175, still cutting. My lifts are bench 225x5, deadlift 405x9, squat 315x5. The most I ever squatted was 405x1, and benched 265x3.

I can post some befores and current progress pics if it will help.

DC for natties, more of a focus on strength and recovery.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Either program isn't necessarily better than the other for natties or non-natties. Both programs are awesome.

I do prefer BBB's structure tho

Last edited:
I think I'm going with DC. I need to pack on as much muscle as possible in the next couple of years. Will put up my blast for critique on IM when the time comes. Thanks all for your input.

Anything will work as long as its progressive

Pick a workout you truly love and is progressive and THAT is the best workout for you

Pick a workout you truly love and is progressive and THAT is the best workout for you

Holy crap, Dante posted in my thread!

Your writings over on IM has me fired up to hit the iron hard and grow, thank you for putting it all out there.

The time off to recover is very important for natural athletes. I would go with DC.

The hyperacceleration and hyperadaptation principles in BBB are far superior for growth and recovery than simply taking time off. There's really no comparing the two.

On December 6, 1999 I called Bill Pearl to talk about a project I was working on at the time. Our conversation drifted off
into weight t raining and bodybuilding. I remember him saying that even a terrible t raining routine will produce favorable
results if you like it, believe in it, and t rain progressively.

I want to make it clear that I understand there is no cookie cutter program that is the "best." Whatever you do has to be based on a lot of individual factors. I guess I was just hoping to hear from others who have made great size gains with either of these templates, especially naturals, as I have no idea how hormone use affects these things.

Another thing to add
I've been traing mostly dc for a couple years now
U really have to b able to mentally train like an animal for it to work really well
In that regard it's not for everyone
I've put a couple guys thru the paces with it and they just don't have that mental toughness for it... They lack "warrior" mode
The fluff muscle volume stuff is better for them

I absolutely agree with that.....some people have it...a lot of people dont

Ok, I searched around for details on BBB, but I could only find some logs and a few threads that discuss the benefits of the program. My understanding is that it is a low volume / high frequency program. I've seen reference to both a 4-day and 6-day version. How about intensity. Does it use things like negatives, drop sets, rest-pause, etc.?

The author is asking $47 for the e-book. A little steep in my opinion. I've purchased hundreds of books and have no problem supporting this author. But for that price the program better be world class and provide all of the details for successful implementation.

As an example, I purchased Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 for $9.99 and after two years doing his program, I would have no problem paying twice that.

Thoughts?

Ok, I searched around for details on BBB, but I could only find some logs and a few threads that discuss the benefits of the program. My understanding is that it is a low volume / high frequency program. I've seen reference to both a 4-day and 6-day version. How about intensity. Does it use things like negatives, drop sets, rest-pause, etc.?

The author is asking $47 for the e-book. A little steep in my opinion. I've purchased hundreds of books and have no problem supporting this author. But for that price the program better be world class and provide all of the details for successful implementation.

As an example, I purchased Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 for $9.99 and after two years doing his program, I would have no problem paying twice that.

Thoughts?
Oh, it's world class alright! and worth 5 times the asking price

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner