over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dc split with injury

Simon90

Registered
Newbies
Just started dc 2way split, unfortunately got an injury which is stopping me from doing any form of squat, hacksquats, leg press etc the pain occurs during any of those movements when coming out of the hole, even without any weight.
Leg curls, sldl etc no pain atall which is strange. Physio thinks Semitendinosus where it crosses the knee.

Would you guys still continue the dc split if you can't do a squat variant?
I was thinking doing a rest pause set on leg extension and same on adductor machine to atleast do something to replace a squat

Any advice be greatly appreciated , thank you

Just my opinion, I'd do more of a bro split you can tailor to bring up upper body while you heal. If I couldn't work quads I would choose a routine that has legs once per week vs every other workout. You could do the ig split. Still DC training with RP but you can bring up some lagging upper body parts.

Just started dc 2way split, unfortunately got an injury which is stopping me from doing any form of squat, hacksquats, leg press etc the pain occurs during any of those movements when coming out of the hole, even without any weight.
Leg curls, sldl etc no pain atall which is strange. Physio thinks Semitendinosus where it crosses the knee.

Would you guys still continue the dc split if you can't do a squat variant?
I was thinking doing a rest pause set on leg extension and same on adductor machine to atleast do something to replace a squat

Any advice be greatly appreciated , thank you
Im in the same boat although I can still do them, just not 100% pain free.

In your case, I’d do leg extension like you proposed. Since you ‘need’ three exercises in the split rotation I’d do this:

B1: bilateral leg extension rest paused
B2: sissy squat (if possible) rest paused
B3: unilateral leg extension rest paused

High rep on everything. Makes it a lot easier to progress too. Can add bands too to create three ‘new’ exercise variations

IMO, you will have to be careful and avoid those exercises no matter the scheme you use. You could still do DC training, but on leg day, just use exercises that do not exacerbate your condition, and you can still improve the numbers (log book) on the exercises you implement. Will it be ideal? No, but then you have to do what you have to do to stay safe. You will still be hitting the legs frequently, which will be a benefit, as long as the exercises you use do not further hurt you. Stuff like abductor movements, you do not have to do drop-sets, etc....add straight sets where they are needed, again for safety. Without the added compound movements like squat, leg press, and hack squats, your system will be less taxed, and recovery should also improve. That's not an excuse to half-ass, but it could work in your benefit.

These are my opinions on things, and not reflective of what DC would necessarily recommend.

Can you do Leg press with feet high on the platform?

Stay in DC for other workouts but legs do higher reps low weight. I had a micro tear in my vastus lateralis recently that kept me from doing squats, extension and leg presses in full ROM. I adapted with low weight and lots of volume to keep them maintained. I could do some partial range for squats which makes you feel like an idiot but better than nothing.

Some BPC 157 isn’t a bad option either

IMO, you will have to be careful and avoid those exercises no matter the scheme you use. You could still do DC training, but on leg day, just use exercises that do not exacerbate your condition, and you can still improve the numbers (log book) on the exercises you implement. Will it be ideal? No, but then you have to do what you have to do to stay safe. You will still be hitting the legs frequently, which will be a benefit, as long as the exercises you use do not further hurt you. Stuff like abductor movements, you do not have to do drop-sets, etc....add straight sets where they are needed, again for safety. Without the added compound movements like squat, leg press, and hack squats, your system will be less taxed, and recovery should also improve. That's not an excuse to half-ass, but it could work in your benefit.

These are my opinions on things, and not reflective of what DC would necessarily recommend.
Thanks for that! Appreciate the reply, would you say the rest pause on the adductor machine is unsafe?

Im in the same boat although I can still do them, just not 100% pain free.

In your case, I’d do leg extension like you proposed. Since you ‘need’ three exercises in the split rotation I’d do this:

B1: bilateral leg extension rest paused
B2: sissy squat (if possible) rest paused
B3: unilateral leg extension rest paused

High rep on everything. Makes it a lot easier to progress too. Can add bands too to create three ‘new’ exercise variations
Sorry to hear that mate it sucks. Sissy squats are a no go, although I can do the quad stretch as it's only coming out of the bottom of the movement which hurts.
I could do partial squats but I think it's too risky atm.

Thanks for that! Appreciate the reply, would you say the rest pause on the adductor machine is unsafe?
I would be interested to hear what others think about your question. Personally, i'd probably keep them as straight sets, but if I were to do R/P, i'd have the reps on the higher end. I'm not sure though, that's a good question. I have always done them to compliment my bread and butter movements, and not the other way around.

I don’t think so. I do the full stack at my gym and go to failure with drops. My rep range is 15-20 and the failure on the last set with 20-40lb drops.

I would be interested to hear what others think about your question. Personally, i'd probably keep them as straight sets, but if I were to do R/P, i'd have the reps on the higher end. I'm not sure though, that's a good question. I have always done them to compliment my bread and butter movements, and not the other way around.
I would do drop sets for the adductors before I tried to do rest pause while recovering. Nice and slow contractions

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws