over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC - Squats

MoCo

Registered
Got a question for you DC trainers -

When you stall on squats, what do you do?

I've stalled two weeks in a row, but I feel squats are an important and integral exercise and really don't want to, nor do I think I should, rotate them out. Should I drop the weight a bit and shoot for higher reps? Just cruise at this same weight until I bust through the plateau? Looking for some opinions and personal experience.

I'm not a certified DC trainer but do train dc and have been for a couple years now off and on. My humble opinon.....best training schedule out there for mass and strength. HANDS DOWN.
With that being said, my experience was when I stalled out on squats, I simply switched it out just like any other exercise. From what I remember from that blast, I had hack squats, leg presses, and took squats out to be replaced with front squats.
Finished my blast, went on a cruise, and on the next blast threw regular squats back in. Came back stronger on squats then when i stalled out previously.
Don't be affraid to try new stuff bro. If your following the program and dominating at the dinner table then you'll be fine.

Got a question for you DC trainers -

When you stall on squats, what do you do?

I've stalled two weeks in a row, but I feel squats are an important and integral exercise and really don't want to, nor do I think I should, rotate them out. Should I drop the weight a bit and shoot for higher reps? Just cruise at this same weight until I bust through the plateau? Looking for some opinions and personal experience.

i agree with what bigdiezel said. something else to consider is, how far are you into your blast and maybe your stalling on squats is an indication of you needing to cruise

i agree with what bigdiezel said. something else to consider is, how far are you into your blast and maybe your stalling on squats is an indication of you needing to cruise

:yeahthat:

It may be your body telling you to take a break, did you consider that? You may not want to stop doing them, but it may be more beneficial for you in the long run

yep, u may be overdoing it. change the excercise. if u cant progress doing that one, then u know u need a break. i learned the hard way, thinkin i was too tuff to only go 6-8 weeks. i went longer and it hurt me, mostly mentally. i def needed a cruise after 8. now i make sure i do it right.

Like the others said, change the excercise. I have rotated back squats, front squats and leg presses for many many blasts and changing the excercise and starting with a moderate weight (deloading) for 1 training session and increasing rapidly from there has always worked fine.

As Big D and Dropshot shared, per protocol, switch out the exercise. How far into your blast are you?

Last edited:
As Big D and Dropshot shared, per protocol, switch out the exercise. How far into your blast are you?

In the 7th week - my first blast I went 12 weeks (because I was on cycle) and then cruised for two weeks before going into this blast. Being off, maybe it is time to give my body a break again.

Thanks for the input guys.

DC says to cruise every 6-12 weeks.... if your 7 weeks of blasting and have progressed to this point...take the 10-14 day maintence and blast again....

-Are your other exercises stalling? or just the squat?
-If you cruise then come back to blasting, and all your progression still seems to be stalling it is a supplementation/diet/hormone issue.... u prob need to ever so slighly increase all 3, as they go hand in hand....

I personally cruise every 6 weeks because any more than that and I'm mentally drained as much as physically. Bump the others rotate it out or take a cruise. Front squat is a very nice change it will help your back squat go up and improve your quads/hips/and core strength

Thanks everyone for the replies - I'm going to switch to front squats and cruise for a couple of weeks. I am feeling pretty drained - I'm still progressing on chest, shoulder, bicep, and tricep exercises but stalling on legs and back... so I think it's time for a little break.

Thanks again.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner