over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC Training- Anyone do it?

It works great.. i can't do the frequency as much as I'd like. But the principals of rest pause.. widow makers.. stretching.. all work great..

I just went back to the 2 way split as I’m trying to gain back size and strength I lost from quarantine. It’s by far my favorite program.

It's not for everyone. I tried it on gear for a while once. Got zero out of it. That's just me personally. It works for some but it's not some new surefire breakthrough. Different things work for different people

It's not for everyone. I tried it on gear for a while once. Got zero out of it. That's just me personally. It works for some but it's not some new surefire breakthrough. Different things work for different people
Very generalized statement here. I bet you if you did it correctly - it would have worked.

Love DC training.. always go back to it...

Started doing DC training in just the past two years and saw exponential growth. Definetly recommend trying it for a couple of months to really see the progress you make.

Definitely a great program and the log book holds you responsible to increase reps or weight each time

I use the two-way split in terms of body parts worked (though I do back thickness before width), but I do it four days per week as lower/upper and program my own set and rep schemes. Only straight sets and hitting failure is rare. I've done it to the letter in the past though.

The DC program in its pure form would be a challenge for most here NOT to modify in some form by adding volume. If I told you that you would only be doing 1 working set of hamstrings rest pause style and 2 working sets of quads week 1, and then 2 sets of hamstrings rest pause style and 4 sets of quads week 2....for a grand total of 3 sets of hamstrings and 6 sets of quads every 2 weeks I can almost guarantee you will want to add more volume. Granted the sets are done balls to the wall....but it is still only a total of 3 sets of hammy every two weeks plus loaded stretches. IMO 99% of the guys reading this would not follow this protocol without sneaking in additional working sets. Bodybuilders are hard wired to want to do "more."

I did DC from 2007-2009 untill I changed to hit training. Before Doggcrapp training did ast-ss training 4-6 reps, which was bad idea esp for movements like lying tricep extension and preacher bar curls.

Anyways was all natural then, and then got hurt training DC. Major left elbow injury. Had to take a year off training most upper body movements. Did legs twice a week and abs did two way split t then eventually three way split.

Like the story about how massiveg got thrown out of an all you can eat buffet.

DC is the training equivalent of taking 4g of gear... it'll get you to your goal faster but you'll likely pick up some damage along the way and it is seriously inadvisable if you are an older fella. I don't think there's a better program for younger bodybuilders without a history of injury. I did it at 28 already having a ton of injuries from 6 years of hard oly lifting training. It brought the gains very fast, but it was tough to stay pain free on this program. I wish I could go back to when I was 19-21 and drop olympic lifting and start bodybuilding earlier using DC training.

I think you can still do some sort of DC variant when you are older, but taking a lot of sets to positive failure is gonna fuck you up pretty hard.

The program completely changed my physique, with ‘only’ three sessions per week. What I also noticed was gaining weight was easier than before. Maybe because I trained less but also maybe because I started it during lockdown and was fairly inactive anyway.

Now that I’m hypogonadal the program is less enjoyable tbf. I’m still able to progress some exercises but right now with presses, I have to have a lucky day to grind out an extra rep. This is partly because I don’t want to ‘bulk’ with very low testosterone levels. When I was still using steroids and I was bulking, increasing weights or reps seemed to go fairly easy as well as the muscle gain.

if you really learn it, you can basically apply it or basic principles forever.
the original cycles for pennies thread probobly the most important thread of all internet bb forum history. should be required reading for the class.

If you truley push to failure like someone has a gun to your head and will kill your family, then in my expirience, youll get hurt. I may have not deloaded enough, esp since I was all natty then. Id do something like 8 weeks then 2 weeks off, and kept pushing even when it hurt. Common sense wasnt so common , hindsight 20/20.

If you truley push to failure like someone has a gun to your head and will kill your family, then in my expirience, youll get hurt. I may have not deloaded enough, esp since I was all natty then. Id do something like 8 weeks then 2 weeks off, and kept pushing even when it hurt. Common sense wasnt so common , hindsight 20/20.
The program isn't for someone who is new to training,especially to failure. You need to know when an exercise needs to be switched to something else or not work that muscle to avoid injuries.

I like it, but you do have to evolve. Dusty just did a podcast where he discusses how he trains now because it was literally getting "too dangerous". He is talking about doing 30-50+ reps and much slower and controlled (although still letting it rip for a few very specific movements such as barbell or dumbbell rows). He also noted it was at the advice of Dante.

If you google you can find older bbers who worked with dante and they discuss (again, based on his advice) changing the system substantially. When you are on ped's and getting stronger and stonger and stronger and at the same time older, something has to give. I'm not Dusty but I got to the point I felt the same way where it's just no longer safe. At that point you start to do things like 4-7 second negatives, paused movements (pause squats, pause bench, etc) and on many things you can cut the weight by 25-40%

It turned out to indirectly be my first taste of strength training. When I went back to normal training I saw how much my strength really went up.

Worked pretty good but not so much for my legs. My legs respond best to volume. My squat responds best to volume.
When you can do 405+ for widow maker set you will have big legs! Quarantine it!
Show me a motherfucker doing 455 for good deep 20 reps and I will show you a guy with tremendous legs...LOL

When you can do 405+ for widow maker set you will have big legs! Quarantine it!
Show me a motherfucker doing 455 for good deep 20 reps and I will show you a guy with tremendous legs...LOL
Guarantee ^^^^ could not edit

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity