over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC Training

rocketman414

Registered
I'm going to failure on these rest pause sets.. I've got a training partner who goes to failure with me. We've even been doing negatives.. and stretching too.

Right now I am doing the 4 day a week

Monday
A Chest, shoulders, triceps

Tuesday
A Biceps, Forearms, Back Width, Back Thickness

Thursday
A Calves, Hams, Quads

Friday
B Chest, shoulders, tris , , etc

My question is.. running test, var, some GH, and some slin.. I'm feeling as though I might be UNDERtraining.. I am completely recovering from my workouts.. if my week falls on the outline above, on Saturday I feel like a waste of life taking the day off and I feel like I should be in the gym deadlifting.

Should I stick to DC's 4 day program like it calls for, or try hitting 5 days a week?

I'd stick with the program as laid out .
I actually moved from the 3 way to the 2 way now as I find I gain more mass with it.

I go to failure as well in the rp's..1st, 2nd and 3rd. I'm sticking with the 2 way as laid out...follow the program, beat the log book.

DC is actually laid out on a 2 day split so your only in the gym 3 days a week......unless your advanced....like say.....Dave Henry.

Attachments

• Dave_Henry_Top.jpg
    Dave_Henry_Top.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 654
how long have you been at it? as the weights get heavier then the recovery won't be as fast.

I'm going to failure on these rest pause sets.. I've got a training partner who goes to failure with me. We've even been doing negatives.. and stretching too.

Right now I am doing the 4 day a week

Monday
A Chest, shoulders, triceps

Tuesday
A Biceps, Forearms, Back Width, Back Thickness

Thursday
A Calves, Hams, Quads

Friday
B Chest, shoulders, tris , , etc

My question is.. running test, var, some GH, and some slin.. I'm feeling as though I might be UNDERtraining.. I am completely recovering from my workouts.. if my week falls on the outline above, on Saturday I feel like a waste of life taking the day off and I feel like I should be in the gym deadlifting.

Should I stick to DC's 4 day program like it calls for, or try hitting 5 days a week?

In your place, if I feel that I am headed the right direction in terms of reaching my fitness goals wth this protocol, then I´d leave it alone, if it is the opposite, then I´d try to make changes of course.

If you feel like you are undertraining using DC then you aren't training hard enough during your workouts. I'm on the 2 way split, 3 times a week and it's perfect.

BostonFan is right.

I will say when I first used DC, I felt as if I wasn't doing enough. Then I noticed I was beat after a week and a half. Wasn't reading my body right at all. The 2-day split (A B A ...) works better for me. I admit I like to take 6 - 10 (broken up, twice a year) weeks off from DC and do a different type of workout scheme just because. Maybe this is considered "no good" but it seems to help me get amped when I go back to DC. Once you feel stale or beat up, cruise time.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass in my post above. I'm just emphasizing what Dante is sick of.

If you haven't been doing dc for quite some time, and aren't in the advanced stages of your body building quest....the the 2 day split is what you should be doing. Thats just how its been laid out by the man himself.

If you don't plan on sticking with DC training for more than a couple of months then don't do it. Because you will just switch to some other cookie cut routine and complain that DC didn't work.

I've been doing DC for about 3 years and have made huge progress in the weight i lift as well as my muscle mass. It works if you work it.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass in my post above. I'm just emphasizing what Dante is sick of.

If you haven't been doing dc for quite some time, and aren't in the advanced stages of your body building quest....the the 2 day split is what you should be doing. Thats just how its been laid out by the man himself.

If you don't plan on sticking with DC training for more than a couple of months then don't do it. Because you will just switch to some other cookie cut routine and complain that DC didn't work.

I've been doing DC for about 3 years and have made huge progress in the weight i lift as well as my muscle mass. It works if you work it.

what about doing the 2 day split, 4 times per week instead of the 3?

i did just start DC a week ago... im just not used to training 3 or 4 days a week.. idk what to do with myself on the off days :/

i did just start DC a week ago... im just not used to training 3 or 4 days a week.. idk what to do with myself on the off days :/

Bro, you just started a week ago? Just be patient and give it time. You haven't even started going up against the log book yet. What to do on off days?......GROW.......EAT

Bro, you just started a week ago? Just be patient and give it time. You haven't even started going up against the log book yet. What to do on off days?......GROW.......EAT

yea, ur right. i just got so used to the 5-6 days a week, high volume training.. this is new to me.

Have to agree with everyone here. I am currently on my modified version of DC training and loving it. As most have pointed out. Work all your muscle groups every 2 training days. This way you will do more each day and fulfill your burning desire to work out.

Also, one of the corner stones of DC training is rest. You try and submit your muscles to max resistance in order to work them out more than you ever have before. Nevertheless, it is crucial that you provide them with ample recovery time in order enjoy optimal gains. Not to mention the additional recovery allows you to apply yourself harder next time you hit the gym.

You are absolutely right!! Once you start getting deep into the blast and the weights start going up, you will need those days to recover... Remember you cannot grow unless you get enough rest... Furthermore, the most important thing in the whole equation is EATING....

When i first started Dc i tried tweaking the program. LOL! I was overtrained in a couple months.

I did exactly what you just suggested. I even tried doing a full body dc 3 times a week. Not to smart. :rolleyes: I wasn't able top beat the log book consistently. And made myself sick from frying my cns. If you follow the program to a T and are pushing past your pain threshold you will be getting enough.

As others pointed out....your growing while laying on the couch, not on the bench. Good luck in your endeavors. And again i'm not flaming.....just sharing my experience.

When i first started Dc i tried tweaking the program. LOL! I was overtrained in a couple months.

I did exactly what you just suggested. I even tried doing a full body dc 3 times a week. Not to smart. :rolleyes: I wasn't able top beat the log book consistently. And made myself sick from frying my cns. If you follow the program to a T and are pushing past your pain threshold you will be getting enough.

As others pointed out....your growing while laying on the couch, not on the bench. Good luck in your endeavors. And again i'm not flaming.....just sharing my experience.

thanks, i guess i'm going to get used to laying on the couch lol!

btw, just so i make sure I understand the whole blast+cruise thing.. during the cruise, should I switch back up to low intensity high volume like i was doing? (the standard bodybuilder 5-6 days a week 20 sets a day thing) would the "blast+cruise" have any impact on my cycling, or should I keep my doses the same? maybe lay off GH for those 2 weeks or something?

thanks, i guess i'm going to get used to laying on the couch lol!

btw, just so i make sure I understand the whole blast+cruise thing.. during the cruise, should I switch back up to low intensity high volume like i was doing? (the standard bodybuilder 5-6 days a week 20 sets a day thing) would the "blast+cruise" have any impact on my cycling, or should I keep my doses the same? maybe lay off GH for those 2 weeks or something?

Its all in how you feel. My cruises were only about 7 days. And sometimes i would take the whole 7 days off. Sometimes some light pump lifting and stretching. Sometimes just cardio.You just have to listen to your body. Sometimes i don't even take a full cruise. I just skip a couple work outs and rest, and pick back up where i left off.

yea, ur right. i just got so used to the 5-6 days a week, high volume training.. this is new to me.

I felt the same way as you when I first started DC training. So I know where you're coming from. But you have to leave the "magazine" mentality of training at the door. Those programs are bogus anyway. I mean, they may work for a short time (especially for noobs), but they are incredibly inefficient and they don't allow the body enough time to recover.

Just stick with the 2-way split and try it for a few months. The program is set up this way for a reason. If you have to do something on off days, do some light cardio.

cardio can also be done on these days

If your doing the 2 way split the right way, you should be leaving the gym in either a wheelchair or a stretcher. Either way DC should be taking you right to the brink of overtraining without that actually happening. The biggest Problem i see with DC and its lay out is how its worded. "3 days a week or 4 days a week" IMO this is the wrong way to think of it. Think in terms of 14 day cycles, after 14 days you have completed one rotation of all of your workouts. This means in 14 days each muscle is trained 3 times. Thats a lot of frequency. with the correct intensity, and beating the log book you should be pretty beat up from this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear