over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC Training

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
Who here still trains DC? I have done DC in the past and really enjoyed it, from there I went to Mountaindog training and have been doing that for about 2 years now. After my competition in 2 weeks I'm contemplating going back to DC training for a while for a change of pace, plus the strength I got from it was great! I'm just curious how many of you big guys here are doing it and have been for a while?

I started DC a few years back, was a bit rough on my joints so I backed off of it, went to mountain dog training but stalled out on it. So I went back to a DC type training. 3 sets per bodypart first set 15-20 reps second is 10-12 and third is 4-9, all sets to failure and training 3 days a week, I grew on that but here recently I started DC the way it's suppose to be. I think I grew the most on DC start weight was 225 and at around 2 years later I hit 245, now I'm back down to 225, I work underground so it's pretty labor intensive and keeping weight on is always a challenge. I think DC is the way to go man

Tried it a couple of years ago and liked it. Pain in the ass to beat the log book some days. But I slightly modified to fit me. Great concept though............Might start back doing it

When you say you went to mountaindog training does this mean you hired Mountaindog to handle your training or you simply followed something you read?

I'm just curious, I would think if you hired Mountaindog to handle your training the results would be a bit different than following a guideline.

I am asking because I have thought about hiring Mountaindog.

Last edited:
When you say you went to mountaindog training does this mean you hired Mountaindog to handle your training or you simply followed something you read?

I'm just curious, I would think if you hired Mountaindog to handle your training the results would be a bit different than following a guideline.

I am asking because I have thought about hiring Mountaindog.

I hired John and he sent me all the workouts... If your on the fence about hiring him DO IT!!! It'll be some of the best money you've ever spent! I love John's programs, just looking for a change for a bit. I'm a huge fan of HIT style training, thats how I was taught to train so thats what feels most natural to me

I hired John and he sent me all the workouts... If your on the fence about hiring him DO IT!!! It'll be some of the best money you've ever spent! I love John's programs, just looking for a change for a bit. I'm a huge fan of HIT style training, thats how I was taught to train so thats what feels most natural to me

i literally just started dc training this week. today is my second workout. I like it so far. I think its a perfect summer workout system. 3 days a week of intense training and having weekends off to enjoy life, especially if your coming of a competition. As far as hiring meadows, i contacted him, i was thinking about trying him out but is his workouts practical? ive seen his training vids on his websites and i like some of them but did you have to go out and buy resistant bands and all that stuff?

You tell john what you have to work with and he will make your workouts around what you have available in the gym. I like switching between dc and johns workouts. Do dc for eight weeks then follow johns 12 week plan.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You tell john what you have to work with and he will make your workouts around what you have available in the gym. I like switching between dc and johns workouts. Do dc for eight weeks then follow johns 12 week plan.

oh ok i didnt know that. ok yea im def going to use him then next time around

Is there anyway to use DC Training without it not being hard on your joints

That's exactly what I was planning on doing! DC 3 way split, 4 days a week for however long my body can stand it then cruise and hit another Mountaindog program for 12 weeks

BB05

Just my 2cents....

I gave it an honest go for 6 months.. no variation all to the tee

My quality of muscle was no where near what it is now,, my muscles feel alot fuller and my quality of life is much better...

Its WAY to much CNS stimulation this is body building not POWER LIFTING...

There are so many other techniques you can utilize to fatigue a muscle while keeping your joints happy, injury free, mentally alert, and ready to train everyday of the week

Id stick with Johnmeadows his guidelines are fool proof,,

Or better yet just train the way that makes you happy...

I have applied this method and I fell back in love with training when I enter the gym all I know is Im going to Kill whatever muscle.. muscles .. exercises I choose

My girlfriend and I use JM i love his workouts and his diet. Very responsive and the workouts just simply kicks your ass.

JM's workouts are the real deal. Like BB05 said, If your on the fence, do it!

Technically the 3 way split is geared for contest prep..

2 way for maximal rest and growth

How much rest do you really need...

DC is for advanced trainers that have exausted all avenues to progress. If you cant handle it you go to 3 straight sets rather then rest-pause sets or if your joints cant handle it you increase the rep range to fit you. You have to know how fast your body recovers and adjust as needed. :banghead:

How much rest do you really need...

If you ate pushing maximal intensity and going to true failure, you need as much rest as possible. You have to find what works for you, but dc isn't a program u can just do for a couple months and stop. In my experience, since I've learned to go to true failure in a dc workout, I can't go back to a higher volume style.. It just seems like I'm wasting my time if I do additional exercises after I've fAiled the target muscle group. That's just me though.

I use to think the same way BigJD

but for back for instance....

Wide grip pull down you can target your outter lat and bring that to failure

Under grip close pulldown you can target upper inner lat and bring that to failure

seated close grip you can target your lower lat and bring that to failure...

thats already three exercises targeting three muscles...

Then you have other exercises (rows) specifically where depending on bank angle , motion, and hand style you can target specific areas in your back....

I After pull downs and rack deads... Im more mentally exhausted then physically exhausted... But to each there own

Dc upper body employs a back width and back thickness exercise.. Go to failure with hammer strength mid back rows then failure on rack deads and do an extreme stretch and tell me that your entire back isn't fried.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws