over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC

Hey Scott...That is why I wanted you to clarify...I thought I read from someone on the board (IM/DC) that you were assisting him as he was giving big props with your help.

That being said, you are a huge asset and I appreciate your input!

i think it was lifer (with the dennis james av) who did it. i got the same impression as you did that scott was doing some training stuff.

i think it was lifer (with the dennis james av) who did it. i got the same impression as you did that scott was doing some training stuff.

Ah I see where you guys are coming from with that. Lifer PMed me with some issues he had been having and I made a few suggestions that worked out well for him and got the gains coming again. Certainly not his trainer though... the suggestions were beyond simple "Hey try it like this, see if it works", anyone want to pay me for that sort of personalized info? lol Doubt it

Here's a question for SuperD or ScottMcD1... How would you advise someone who constantly has trouble with triceps on the two way split... When i say trouble, i mean by the time i get to triceps after chest and shoulders, they are pretty much taxed.. My best lifts for triceps are about 75% on workout A.. Meaning if i did triceps on workout B instead of A... I could do about 25% more weight.. I've always had trouble training like bodyparts my whole life.. So i know a thing or two about my body after 17 years of training pretty consistently.. I feel like im limiting my progress by hitting triceps after chest and shoulders..

Here's a question for SuperD or ScottMcD1... How would you advise someone who constantly has trouble with triceps on the two way split... When i say trouble, i mean by the time i get to triceps after chest and shoulders, they are pretty much taxed.. My best lifts for triceps are about 75% on workout A.. Meaning if i did triceps on workout B instead of A... I could do about 25% more weight.. I've always had trouble training like bodyparts my whole life.. So i know a thing or two about my body after 17 years of training pretty consistently.. I feel like im limiting my progress by hitting triceps after chest and shoulders..

i'm not saying to do this, but i believe that some dc vets will change the exercise order because they have some problems similar to yours. i think it was kidrok over at im who said that he moved his back width after chest or something like that. i'm no dc expert, but this could be worth looking into with someone like a superd

Ironraider, I see what you are saying, and I agree that our definition of high/low volume differs, and mine is right and yours is wrong ;)

Volume is just total tonnage. So, weight moved x many times

100lbs x 10reps = 1000lbs of tonnage
300lbs x 3 reps = 900lbs of tonnage

Obviously, as volume goes up intensity and weight MUST come down. You simply cannot lift 80% of your 1RM to failure or very close for 12 sets. You just can't. So, as the volume goes up, and the weight and intensity drops, so will the tonnage.

So, lifter a does this for chest day
warm up
Incline Bench 215x 8 for 3 sets 5160
DB Bench 90s x 12 for 3 sets 3240
Chest fly 120lb x 8 for 4 sets. 3840
Total tonnage = 12,240

Now, take a DC guy
We'll just use dusty hanshaws last chest exercise he posted on IM for this
smythe incline 415x9x4x2 = 6225 tonnage (not going to try to formulate relative tonnage of statics lol). Now, if we add the tonnage from other compound movements for triceps the number goes up again. NOW, if we add to that the fact that the DC has a frequency of hitting a bodypart around 2x every 8 days, the tonnage doubles. 6225x2 = 12,450.

I'm sure some of my math may be off, I'm more of a literature kind of guy, but you get my jest. Basically, the volume (tonnage) is roughly the same. Even if we don't use a guy who does 10 sets once a week, we can still see that overall that the volume isn't what I would call low.

Gyno...Makes sense as far as tonnage...In "my" Websters dictionary, volume equates to overall work load i.e. working sets/reps vs. total weight moved. I got 'cha bro...good insight and thanks for your clarification (although wrong by definition!!) j/k :D

However, by volume, you might have a guy on M/T/Th/Fr split, where he/she is hitting chest/tris on M and Fri (in a rotation). If you take the overall math that you're using above, they could be moving more tonnage per say, than a guy like me who trains DC. I believe that based on the "volume" this person would overtrain in short order etc. vs. a person training DC.

In all honesty, I believe both definitions that we share can fall into "high" volume...one looks through a diamond through a different facet...same diamond, just a different angle.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
Gyno...Makes sense as far as tonnage...In "my" Websters dictionary, volume equates to overall work load i.e. working sets/reps vs. total weight moved. I got 'cha bro...good insight and thanks for your clarification (although wrong by definition!!) j/k :D

Have a good one!

You too bro.

I've got a question for SuperD since he's visiting. In your opinion, what is the best way to keep powerful tricep exercises in your routine when your elbows are absolutely ravished from years of skull crushers?

You too bro.

I've got a question for SuperD since he's visiting. In your opinion, what is the best way to keep powerful tricep exercises in your routine when your elbows are absolutely ravished from years of skull crushers?

Good question bro and a lot of us are in the same boat right there with you. To me, it's all about finding effective exercises that you can use progressively and safely. Low rep skullcrushers are definitely out as are, for a lot of guys with elbow issues, any of the overhead extension variation.
I base my tricep workouts around the following exercises-close grip bench presses (smith machine, ez-bar and olympic bar), varous dip variations (bench dips, parallel bar dips), JM Presses I absolutely love though if you do these I'd suggest increasing the reps somewhat higher (this advice goes for any extension exercise also) -For older trainees as well as those working thru elbow issues were likely going to be going 20-25reps (rest paused) on a lot of the triceps exercises.

Good question bro and a lot of us are in the same boat right there with you. To me, it's all about finding effective exercises that you can use progressively and safely. Low rep skullcrushers are definitely out as are, for a lot of guys with elbow issues, any of the overhead extension variation.
I base my tricep workouts around the following exercises-close grip bench presses (smith machine, ez-bar and olympic bar), varous dip variations (bench dips, parallel bar dips), JM Presses I absolutely love though if you do these I'd suggest increasing the reps somewhat higher (this advice goes for any extension exercise also) -For older trainees as well as those working thru elbow issues were likely going to be going 20-25reps (rest paused) on a lot of the triceps exercises.

Glad to have you here Dan...filled with knowledge as always!

JM Presses I absolutely love though if you do these I'd suggest increasing the reps somewhat higher (this advice goes for any extension exercise also) -For older trainees as well as those working thru elbow issues were likely going to be going 20-25reps (rest paused) on a lot of the triceps exercises.

Gyno...thanks for asking SD the question. I've never tried the JM Presses before...now after doing a google...these will be added into my next blast. Thanks for sharing SD!

If you don't have several years of hard, serious training under your belt, this is not for you. and I know that some guys get on here and claim to have x amount of years when in fact that don't have dick. This is a very intense program and you have to know how to read your body. Just my opinion

Joe Weist I know you didnt like what Thundergod and Gyno said but it is true. You need to know your way around the gym foreward and backward for at least 3 years (and thats being giving) to do this right. Other trainers love newbies because newbies gain no matter what they do and then those trainers go "look at me, look at me I got this "newbie" up 25 pounds"......I dont want those newbie guys, newbies gain despite what they do......I want the hard road....the guys who are stuck, the advanced guys who feel they are topped out....there is a certain satisfaction when you get someone who thinks "well im about as good as Im going to get" and show him otherwise and bring him up a whole new plateau. I digress.

Super D was with me for (man what is it now Dan?) got to be close to 8 years now....maybe 9....he knows my stuff forward and back and all the stuff i dont talk about on the boards. There isnt a person out there that I have gone over more stuff with than Super D...none. I believe he topped out around 335 but hangs around 300 ish now so trust me in that he has walked the walk and then some.....and is a trusted confidante of mine. He also is a longtime member of this board under another name. Above all else its not fair to people on this board to contact him over here. Im just trying to clear some info up for people. I really cringe at things sometimes over here when people talk about TP or DC over here because I feel people should support Synthetech and Phil Hernon over here.

Just to clear some things up so its known.

Scott M is a very knowlegeable person on DC and I thank him greatly for the work he does online on many sites making sure people do things correctly. I cannot thank him enough for that and also Dropshot of late has been doing the same I see across the net....again thank you.

4/5 of people online should be doing basic DC stuff....that is what would bring them up the ladder quickly and thats what would work the best for them. But I do certain things with highly advanced people and this board has some highly advanced people on it....(unfortunately there is going to be probably 3000 people reading this thinking "oh yea thats me".....and most likely its not....your not highly advanced, and your ego is getting in the way)

But for the highly advanced people who know they are highly advanced (and are) you can kind of get a glimpse of how I (and super D) go about attacking an individual's body with this thread **broken link removed**

with Dusty Hanshaw who is a member over here and likes to try to tip over Buick Rivera's in his spare time because in his words "its a challenge and Im sick of playing Scrabble Dante"

Last edited:
Joe Weist I know you didnt like what Thundergod and Gyno said but it is true. You need to know your way around the gym foreward and backward for at least 3 years (and thats being giving) to do this right. Other trainers love newbies because newbies gain no matter what they do and then those trainers go "look at me, look at me I got this "newbie" up 25 pounds"......I dont want those newbie guys, newbies gain despite what they do......I want the hard road....the guys who are stuck, the advanced guys who feel they are topped out....there is a certain satisfaction when you get someone who thinks "well im about as good as Im going to get" and show him otherwise and bring him up a whole new plateau. I digress.

Super D was with me for (man what is it now Dan?) got to be close to 8 years now....maybe 9....he knows my stuff forward and back and all the stuff i dont talk about on the boards. There isnt a person out there that I have gone over more stuff with than Super D...none. I believe he topped out around 335 but hangs around 300 ish now so trust me in that he has walked the walk and then some.....and is a trusted confidante of mine. He also is a longtime member of this board under another name. Above all else its not fair to people on this board to contact him over here. Im just trying to clear some info up for people. I really cringe at things sometimes over here when people talk about TP or DC over here because I feel people should support Synthetech and Phil Hernon over here.

Just to clear some things up so its known.

Scott M is a very knowlegeable person on DC and I thank him greatly for the work he does online on many sites making sure people do things correctly. I cannot thank him enough for that and also Dropshot of late has been doing the same I see across the net....again thank you.

4/5 of people online should be doing basic DC stuff....that is what would bring them up the ladder quickly and thats what would work the best for them. But I do certain things with highly advanced people and this board has some highly advanced people on it....(unfortunately there is going to be probably 3000 people reading this thinking "oh yea thats me".....and most likely its not....your not highly advanced, and your ego is getting in the way)

But for the highly advanced people who know they are highly advanced (and are) you can kind of get a glimpse of how I (and super D) go about attacking an individual's body with this thread **broken link removed**

with Dusty Hanshaw who is a member over here and likes to try to tip over Buick Rivera's in his spare time because in his words "its a challenge and Im sick of playing Scrabble Dante"

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your gratitude and insight. The respect you show for this forum regarding TP/DC is damn professional and shows the type of integrity you have...which is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your gratitude and insight. The respect you show for this forum regarding TP/DC is damn professional and shows the type of integrity you have...which is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned.

absolutely. i have never met dante personally but from how he conducts himself online he seems like a genuinely good person.

im sorry guys. i didnt mean to disrespect anybody if i did. i apologize. im not very good at posting. im not very good with technology period. i just recently learned how to do an email. um.... well i didnt know about posting DC stuff on this sight. i learned about this site from a friend and i got on it. i really like this forum and the guys are very knowledgable. i really wanted to learn some new stuff. i am 25 yrs old. i range about 237-242 lbs. i am about 15% bodyfat and all natural. i am roughly 5 foot 8 (5ft 7 and 3/4). i just recently picked up tren ace and test e and i was going to start tommorow. i just feel like im stuck and not really going anywhere. i read alot about DC and i liked what i read. so that was why i was interested. everybody on this site is really good and i wanted some advice as far as if i should try it or not. i want to do the North Star in Minnesota on Nov 7. it will be my first show and i am excited. could you guys give me some insight. i appreciate all the replies and the helf i have recieved from you in the past and future posts and all of the other posts i have read in this forum. let me no your opinions. very much appreciated.;)

Super D was with me for (man what is it now Dan?) got to be close to 8 years now....maybe 9....

Yes, I think it has been that long.... Or to put it in perspective...it's been longer than my marriage plus next two most significant relationships combined lasted.

I'm holding out for another year cos I figure I should at least get some nice jewelry or a watch at the very least.

he knows my stuff forward and back and all the stuff i dont talk about on the boards. There isnt a person out there that I have gone over more stuff with than Super D...none. I believe he topped out around 335 but hangs around 300 ish now so trust me in that he has walked the walk and then some......

I know and it sucks... I was this close to getting to eat for free at the Heart Attack Grill before my overwhelming desire to live past 40 got the better of me....

I believe he topped out around 335 but hangs around 300 ish now so trust me in that he has walked the walk and then some.....

to reinforce SuperD's size (bc i thought this was one of the funnier quotes from him), I once asked about extra trap work knowing full well that there would be an answer relating to NOT working traps directly.

Dan responded..."heavy rack deads are all you need...that's all I have performed over the past X number of years and well...I can scratch my damn ears with my traps." :p

3 tips I can give you on DC.

1.) If you go to IM, dont ever ask about changing it around or anything. If you think you have a better idea your more than likely wrong b/c im sure Dante thought about it before you did when he created this. Just stick to it and dont change anything

2.) It will feel very weird the first few weeks if not month. You will feel like your not doing enough and probably get paranoid your gonna lose muscle. You'll prob end up doing it EOD instead of 3x per week and then you feel very overtrained and go back to 3x per week and be satisfied with your growth.

3.) Think of every workout as your last workout. You only are doing 3 workouts per week, so make sure every rep and set is balls to the wall b/c your not gonna be able to train that part again for another 4 or 5 days.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws