over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dead bodybuilders and cause of death

The big difference here is that in those sports everyone competing knows the dangers and it is well know that you are risking your life. In bodybuilding there are a whole lot of people that are living in denial, the whole "show me the bodies" crap. So in bodybuilding we have men risking their lives and they dont even realize the danger they are in. In racing its just common sense that your life is in danger when youre on a track with 60 other cars doing 200 mph. The dangers in bodybuilding are also much more insidious, and gradually build over time.

everyone knows the dangers in those sports and not BBing?? tell me one of your friends that started playing football/baseball/motorcross/wrestling, and told you that he was going to break his back, or have a heart attack on the field, or never be able to play another sport or walk right again, BEFORE tha injury happened?

believe me...there isnt ONE athlete alive that is thinking to himself while training and competing-this is going to give me permenant brain damage and irreversible irjuries...they think about competing, but imo that is their fault not the sports...

i dont "think" any serious BBer is completley oblivious to tha fact that health problems are present in this hobby while injecting grams and grams of hormones into yourself over years and years......i mean, the guys that never have touched anything, there 1st reasons when you talk to them are- "i dont wanna die", "i want my dick not to work", "wont that shit disolve your kidneys/liver?" "i dont want roid rage, ill kill someone".....the commom public KNOWS...are we saying BBrs dont? I think just like EVERY hobby, they weigh the risk for the reward they love and throw out all the negative thoughts in order to compete...

Denial cant be blamed on the sport tho, it must be put on tha individual...there is PLENTY of information out there saying steroids are bad lol...

everyone knows the dangers in those sports and not BBing?? tell me one of your friends that started playing football/baseball/motorcross/wrestling, and told you that he was going to break his back, or have a heart attack on the field, or never be able to play another sport or walk right again, BEFORE tha injury happened?

believe me...there isnt ONE athlete alive that is thinking to himself while training and competing-this is going to give me permenant brain damage and irreversible irjuries...they think about competing, but imo that is their fault not the sports...

i dont "think" any serious BBer is completley oblivious to tha fact that health problems are present in this hobby while injecting grams and grams of hormones into yourself over years and years......i mean, the guys that never have touched anything, there 1st reasons when you talk to them are- "i dont wanna die", "i want my dick not to work", "wont that shit disolve your kidneys/liver?" "i dont want roid rage, ill kill someone".....the commom public KNOWS...are we saying BBrs dont? I think just like EVERY hobby, they weigh the risk for the reward they love and throw out all the negative thoughts in order to compete...

Denial cant be blamed on the sport tho, it must be put on tha individual...there is PLENTY of information out there saying steroids are bad lol...

This but i also believe in blood work and doctor visits where needed! If ur in this game fucking do it right or dont say shit if u dont and get health issues down the road. Glad i now get regular blood work on my own and if needed see the doc on anything out of wack. Get blood work before cycle, 3/4 through the cycle, pct, and again. Even for people without insurance its like $50 for blood work, simple. You can afford a $300 cycle but not a $50 blood panel then you shouldnt be doing this. Even for the huge competitors in the game, even more reason for regular blood work and im sure regular doctor visits. Without this ur playing with ur health and just going on "Feel" and still have no idea wtf is going on inside you. Id say most if not all the top pros who have died in this sport is due to lack of blood work and doctor visits or worst yet, getting it done, knowing the issues going on inside then, and saying fuck it a 1st place win is more important to me then living. Thats a personal problem, not a problem in the sport imo. If the doc told Phil Heath at this rate he has 5 more years to live and says fuck it im sticking to it and dies in 5yrs people going to blame the sport for his decision or him? Cant always blame others for Your Personal decisions in life, simple.

Like some others here i have been around the sport a long time,owned 2 gyms,managed 2 others and been in contact with literally thousands of people over the past 35 years.I can tell you one thing for sure,the majority of guys that have serious health issues or have died that i knew of, are mainly power lifters who's eating/training and aas habits were not geared towards longevity.On the other hand there are many bodybuilders from the 70's that i know who are still around and still in good shape.

I believe it because back then they were more users then abusers. Reason why the heavy weight on stage then was tops 220lbs at 6'. Today its 5'8" at 265lbs at the same if not less bf. Is this because we know and utilize a more superior and smarter diet plan then they did or simply today they use way more drugs and abuse and to help cope with it rec drugs on top of that? Answer is clear, abuse will always lead to problems if not death, thats anything in life. Why would bodybuilding be any different?

People today dont want to believe you can look like them in the 70's off just some test, primo, deca, and some dbol and most likely not even in the same cycle at once! People dont want to believe it takes real fucking amazing genetics to look like that as well as proper diet day in and day out. Its people in denial, not the sport.

The major point I am trying to make here is much like what wukillabee is saying. There is noway to know exactly what is going on inside your body, even if you do everything right and get regular blood work and see the doc there are things that can go undetected. In the other sports you mention the dangers are right out there plain as day. In bodybuilding the potential problems might be known but because issues may not develop until after years of usage and the causes of death could be considered to have been caused by other things unrelated to steroids, the link between the steroids and the disease state are often written off as being caused by something else rather than steroids. It seems most bodybuilders just are not willing to admit the links, thats not all bodbuilders but I would say a good majority. This is especially true in the really young guys that think they know it all.

Shit I couldn't even find my own thread. I thought a mod had deleted it for some reason and I didn't want to ask if they had or not.

But it seems like AAS is the biggest the bodybuilders die. So I'm thinking of using it until I reach the point I like and then only use peptides and GH.

So nobody thinks GH causes death...just diuretic and AAS.

What about the normal guys that use AAS? Like most guys on the forum? I'm going to be in school for probably 10 more years. Truly don't want to die at 70 :/

My grandfather smoked opium every day for YEARZZZZZ due to major depression after two of his sons died and he died in his late 90s. But again he was 6'4"-6'6" and I'm fucking 5 11.25" :,(

Shit I couldn't even find my own thread. I thought a mod had deleted it for some reason and I didn't want to ask if they had or not.

But it seems like AAS is the biggest the bodybuilders die. So I'm thinking of using it until I reach the point I like and then only use peptides and GH.

So nobody thinks GH causes death...just diuretic and AAS.

What about the normal guys that use AAS? Like most guys on the forum? I'm going to be in school for probably 10 more years. Truly don't want to die at 70 :/

My grandfather smoked opium every day for YEARZZZZZ due to major depression after two of his sons died and he died in his late 90s. But again he was 6'4"-6'6" and I'm fucking 5 11.25" :,(

Well, there is plenty of medical evidence that too much GH will cause an enlarged heart that cannot beat effectively so it will have a low ejection fraction and eventually go into heart failure. This is what happens to people that suffer from giantism. The only debate on this matter would be what dose is required to cause that kind of damage, there is nothing to debate about the link between the two.

The major point I am trying to make here is much like what wukillabee is saying. There is noway to know exactly what is going on inside your body, even if you do everything right and get regular blood work and see the doc there are things that can go undetected. In the other sports you mention the dangers are right out there plain as day.

i diasagree my bro.... imo, it isnt any different than a football player(or any sport memeber- mma, hockey, motorcross).... recieving multiple head collisions throughtout his career...they dont effect you too much then, you may check out thru tha cat scan and be on the field by the next week...but down the line , it will come get ya....then the knees, back, neck...all these football and boxing/mma guys detiorate quickly after about 45 years old....

99% of us KNOW steroids are unhealthy...but just choose to ignore it..99% of mma fighters KNOW, fighting is unhealthy, but step in tha cage anyways....they dont give a 2nd thought to 10 20 years down the line....we do what we love...i just dont think its fair to say that BBers are in some sort of health confusion and cant determine that negative effects are going to occur after years of usage...my friends who dont work out at all seem to know the sides...how can someone blasting for year after year not know? he does...hes just CHOOSING to ignore it...

i diasagree my bro.... imo, it isnt any different than a football player(or any sport memeber- mma, hockey, motorcross).... recieving multiple head collisions throughtout his career...they dont effect you too much then, you may check out thru tha cat scan and be on the field by the next week...but down the line , it will come get ya....then the knees, back, neck...all these football and boxing/mma guys detiorate quickly after about 45 years old....

99% of us KNOW steroids are unhealthy...but just choose to ignore it..99% of mma fighters KNOW, fighting is unhealthy, but step in tha cage anyways....they dont give a 2nd thought to 10 20 years down the line....we do what we love...i just dont think its fair to say that BBers are in some sort of health confusion and cant determine that negative effects are going to occur after years of usage...my friends who dont work out at all seem to know the sides...how can someone blasting for year after year not know? he does...hes just CHOOSING to ignore it...

I agree with your post.

You may have enlightened friends, but I know many who have no idea what they are doing to themselves. These are guys who most likely have never been on an internet board or had any blood tests done. I remember meeting one guy who was crusing on deca 200mg per week/injectible winny 100mg E2D for a year straight and then blasting with double or triple that dose for a few weeks, and back on his cruise. He was wondering why he was starting to feel weird. Didn't get that winny in injectable form is still liver toxic, and didn't understand that cruising is done with test and not deca.

Another guy I am helping right now, very nice polite guy, fairly advanced competitor, running 2mg Arimidex year round and wondering why he feels like shit. This is the way a local pro told him to run it.

So these guys took some concepts they might have learned about second hand: blast/cruise, and estrogen control and took it to a very unhealthy level all the while thinking they are cycling smartly.

I think the internet represents a minority of users.

I agree with your post.

You may have enlightened friends, but I know many who have no idea what they are doing to themselves. These are guys who most likely have never been on an internet board or had any blood tests done. I remember meeting one guy who was crusing on deca 200mg per week/injectible winny 100mg E2D for a year straight and then blasting with double or triple that dose for a few weeks, and back on his cruise. He was wondering why he was starting to feel weird. Didn't get that winny in injectable form is still liver toxic, and didn't understand that cruising is done with test and not deca.

Another guy I am helping right now, very nice polite guy, fairly advanced competitor, running 2mg Arimidex year round and wondering why he feels like shit. This is the way a local pro told him to run it.

So these guys took some concepts they might have learned about second hand: blast/cruise, and estrogen control and took it to a very unhealthy level all the while thinking they are cycling smartly.

I think the internet represents a minority of users.

Exactly right! There is a practical and good reason, believe it or not, that all of these drugs are only legally available via a prescription under a doctor's care. Enough said.

Well, it is a sad state of affairs if these people genuinely believe that they are risking death , and all for just holding 20-40lb more muscle. I think most are in denial.

So you guys think that normal people with a healthy diet that smoke weed and drink can out live a bodybuilder?

In other words which one do you guys think it's worst...weed or steroids?

So you guys think that normal people with a healthy diet that smoke weed and drink can out live a bodybuilder?

In other words which one do you guys think it's worst...weed or steroids?

IMO its going to depend on the degree to which each is using the particular substance. Any one of them if used too much would be bad for the health. Its really not possible to make a blanket statement in my mind.

Like Maldorf said above...There's no way to know how steroids and other ancillaries are going to effect you. Genetics play a role...Some people take 400mg of test a week and need BP meds. The point is, play it as safe as possible if you're going to go this route!! Get blood work, eat right, avoid rec drugs, etc. Do everything in your power to be as healthy as you can be!!

Even though it was not all heart failure or things like that still 4.9 times more death is a shit ton!

Increased premature mortality of competitive powerlifters suspected to have used anabolic agents.
Pärssinen M, Kujala U, Vartiainen E, Sarna S, Seppälä T.
Source
National Public Health Institute, Laboratory of Substance Abuse, Helsinki, Finland. [email protected]
Abstract
Misuse of supraphysiological doses of anabolic steroids is claimed to have serious side effects. The aim of the study was to determine the mortality, and the cause of premature deaths among a group of subjects who are strongly suspected to have used anabolic steroids for a non-medical purpose over several years. The mortality of 62 male powerlifters placed 1st-5th in weight series 82.5-125 kg in Finnish championships during 1977-1982 was compared with the mortality of population controls. The mortality during the 12-year follow-up was 12.9% for the powerlifters compared to 3.1% in the control population. By 1993 eight of 62 powerlifters and 34 of 1094 population controls had died, thus the risk of death among the powerlifters was 4.6 times higher (95% CI 2.04-10.45; p = 0.0002). The causes of premature death among the powerlifters were suicide (3), acute myocardial infarction (3), hepatic coma (1) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (1). These findings add to the growing amount of evidence of an association between anabolic steroid abuse and premature death, and support the view that measures to decrease AAS misuse among both competitive and amateur athletes are justified

Increased premature mortality of competitiv... [Int J Sports Med. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

To me, anabolics are like a treat....
the same way a smoker 'treats' themselves to a cigarette
or a food addict (majority of America) 'treats' themselves to shit food.

I figure if I am indulging in something that isn't exactly healthy for me, I better make up for it in some other area of my life. I may take AAS, but I also take tons of anti-oxidants, health supps, and eat a pretty healthy diet compared to the rest of my peers.
I also set personal rules for myself regarding AAS use, dose limitations that I won't pass even with good bloodwork.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws