over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlift can make your waist wide?

I think so especially if going heavy, NOTHING makes my obliques more sore than heavy deadlifts. I recently dead lifted heavier/more volume than usual and the next day could barely move due to sore obliques

I think it'll make a sick back. Thick waist, na. My obliques are never sore after deads . Only lower back/lats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lot's of guys deadlift heavy with tiny waists. Although DL's can definitely thicken your waist from the side and of course thicken the lower back. The waist thing is very genetic but the main factors are diet, digestion and drugs. Lot's of variables involved but if you eat a healthly balanced diet without overeating ever and maintain great digestion I don't think you have anything to worry about. Now the typical bb diet with high carbs and add in lot's of hgh and other drugs and lift heavy then sure all factors involved will lead to a thick waist.

I think it'll make a sick back. Thick waist, na. My obliques are never sore after deads . Only lower back/lats

My obliques have never once been sore from dead but have thickened up a LOT over the years from it.

It was extremely visible in my first competition as I had been training strapless with mixed grip on heavier sets for the entire time up until then. One side was shredded wheat and a little bit thicker compared to the other.

It may make your waist size a little bigger but I don't believe it will be visibly bigger from the front

When I do an ab-thigh pose, my obliques are noticeably thick and hang compared to competitors that do not do deads.

Has this stopped me from pulling? No. I just made the rest of my body thicker and learned to pose slightly different to hide it.

Same here. Only muscles that I feel the next day are Lats, mid-back, and trap areas especially if I do them with a wide snatch grip. I love Dead lifts and Romainian dead lifts.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Same here. Only muscles that I feel the next day are Lats, mid-back, and trap areas especially if I do them with a wide snatch grip. I love Dead lifts and Romainian dead lifts.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
I agree I love doing deads. Honestly I think the best backs in bodybuilding were/are made off deads as a main lift

If you activate a muscle with more/heavier work loads it will grow. One winter I spent a day specializing in in working my core with just body weight movements. At the same level of body fat I was up 2lb.s the next spring and my waste was 1 inch bigger.

Lmao. You're deadlifting wrong then.

Some of the shit you guys say makes me realize you're the guys walking in wal mart with your affliction shirt on the flip flops in December.

Lmao. You're deadlifting wrong then.

Some of the shit you guys say makes me realize you're the guys walking in wal mart with your affliction shirt on the flip flops in December.
The hostility! U mad bro? Probably cuz u got a sorry looking back. Lmao obliques should be the least sore after deads. If all that's sore is your obliques then you obviously aren't doing it right. Clown. Why don't u bring some knowledge to this thread and not ignorance

Thanks for the replies guys. I would compete in june and i want to try to reduce my waist.
I would like an opinion from Dante and John Meadows

I don't believe you can make a blanket statement saying deadlift will make your waist wider. I think it's individual, some people will get a thicker waist from it others won't.
I used to train with power lifter sam byrd (he's actually the guy that got me on this site). He always wanted to be a bodybuilder but was just completely built to powerlift. At his first bodybuilding show he dieted all the way down to middleweight and still had a 38-inch waist and with one of the best squats in the world his legs were behind his upper body. It sucks too because he had the mental drive to be one of the best ever had the shape for bodybuilding been there

I don't believe you can make a blanket statement saying deadlift will make your waist wider. I think it's individual, some people will get a thicker waist from it others won't.
I used to train with power lifter sam byrd (he's actually the guy that got me on this site). He always wanted to be a bodybuilder but was just completely built to powerlift. At his first bodybuilding show he dieted all the way down to middleweight and still had a 38-inch waist and with one of the best squats in the world his legs were behind his upper body. It sucks too because he had the mental drive to be one of the best ever had the shape for bodybuilding been there
I agree, it probably is very individual

Sorry back for ya.

Attachments

• IMG_8526.jpg
    IMG_8526.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4836.jpg
    IMG_4836.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 73
I think it really depend of Genetics, most of my Physique athletes have a 28" waist and they deadlift heavy!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member