over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*Deadlift Training Vid 495 x 8*

Powerbuilder

Registered
After a 2 month low intensity "break" i'm finally going hard in the gym again. This was my first deadlift session since late march. I'm going with a set, medium to low rep strategy. Aiming for a 700 lb deadlift over the next 8 - 12 weeks. It's gonna take a lot work, but it's doable. And don't worry guys i'm not gonna start posting 50 video's a week again :D Take a look.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NsaTLz9OGg"]Kevin OAK 6AM Deadlift Training - YouTube[/ame]

Nice work man!!

+1 for doing it with no belt :)

Damn that's some fine pulling!
Crazy volume before that big 495 set too!

What does your deadlift programming look like?

Thanks Wes, I've never been a big fan of belts although I think i'm gonna start using one since I wanna start doing more volume. I'm less of a fan of injuries.

Thanks Lumber-Yard, I'm playing it by ear right now. I wanna stick to this type of workout for the time being every other week. I'll probably add 15 lbs to the sets or something like that everytime I do it.

Nice! Yeah what ever you are doing I would stick to it! Ive been trying to add 10lbs every 3 weeks and deadlift once a week..

Nice! Yeah what ever you are doing I would stick to it! Ive been trying to add 10lbs every 3 weeks and deadlift once a week..

Yeah I feel like everyone reacts a little different to deadlift training. When I try to deadlift every week I become stagnant really quick and start to lose strength which is why i'm gonna try every other week with a steady increase. Hopefully it works out well.

Nice work!

If you dont have a log on here you should do one.

Out of curiosity why did you opt for sumo over the standard pull?

Nice work!

If you dont have a log on here you should do one.

Out of curiosity why did you opt for sumo over the standard pull?

I'll probably start a log over the next couple of days.

I do sumo for a couple of reasons primarily because I have very tight hips and it's very uncomfortable for me to stretch down in a normal deadlift position. Also i'm very quad dominant so if I don't work hamstrings I tend to get to a point where my numbers stall because my hamstrings aren't strong enough to keep moving forward. So sumo deads as well as straight leg deads are exercises I pretty much have to do regularly when I'm strength training just to make sure I actually work my hamstrings and glutes enough.

Definitely get a journal going!
What's your best pull to date?

Stiff leg deads are awesome, I always get great carry over to my conventional deads when I train them on the reg

Nice job! Looking strong
And I dig the hair cut.
Thanks for sharing and
glad to have you with us.

Lumber-yard - My best pull is 605 but I have a feeling I'm gonna blow that number out of the water over the next few months. If I can get my grip strength up I should be able to do at least 650 relatively soon I think.

Rajjin - Thanks, the haircut turns me into a beast that and the guy girls always wanna talk to at parties lol.

If I remember correctly you were getting ready for your first meet a few months a go. How did the meet go?

SMF - I used to do elevated deads a lot they helped me with my leg drive I can never find a box now though.

Irishmike - I ended up not doing it. I started to feel more and more burned out no matter how much rest I was taking between workouts my body was telling me I needed a break. So the last 2 months I've only been working out twice a week with pretty low intensity. My body was just burned out I hadn't taken any real time off from the gym in 12 months. I went from 180 to 250 which I was happy with. 2 months later now I started a 235 about a week ago today I was 240. My strength is coming back very quickly so i'm happy about that, I also feel nice and refreshed.

That's pretty amazing bro! I always liked deads all the other lifts I get under the bar and worry about this or that with my form to get up more weight with deadlift it's always been easy for me just pick up the weight (straight back of course) but always been my most impressive lift. Do you prefer lifting AM or PM when trying to set ur goal?

Alin - Thanks I appreciate it.

Turbo85 - I'm actually the opposite I suck at deadlifting compared to bench press and squats I assume because I never did them until about 2 years ago whereas I've been doing squats and bench since I was 16. I'm getting better slowly though.

I've noticed there's positives and negatives to working at anytime so it really averages out. When I work out early I can eat all day after. If I workout mid day I can come in to the gym with 2 solid meals in me. For a day when I'm trying to max out I probably prefer mid day so I'm hydrated and full.

The volume you're pulling definitely is pretty impressive. Keep up the good work, brother.

The volume you're pulling definitely is pretty impressive. Keep up the good work, brother.

Thanks man, I'm definitely getting punished for it today. My back feels ripped apart.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131