over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlifts Back or Leg day??

I'm another guy that partially tore a bicep tendon while deadlifting with an alternating grip. Now it's only double overhand with straps.

Stiff legged deads on every leg day, and regular deads every 2 weeks on back day for me.

Deads just poop me the F out, but I would alternate the grip between my left and right hand for each set, as I felt straps were putting stress on my elbows somehow, IDK

Anyway, I only do rack pulls now on back day, and squats for legs.

I do my deadlifts first thing on back day and I save the squats for my leg day. squats and deadlifts on the same day gets me pretty fatigued in the first 20 mins im at the gym.

I used to do both squats and dead lifts on leg day, but it over exhausted/ over taxed me.

Now I just leave squats for leg days, and dead lifts for back day. I'm getting great results from the recent split up. :)

deads hit the trunk they go wit back, stiff-legs ofcourse wit legs, back n legs are the 2 biggest body parts out of the groups if taxed hard enough they need more time to recover that's why I space them out like max said

Unless you plan on doing a power lifting competition leave over-under at home. You leave the bicep on the "under" arm at a good risk of a tear. Just go as heavy as you can without straps then use straps once you out lift your grip strength.

i wuz actually thinking about competing after i got my weight up on my deads. i do pretty good on my squats and bench press. People constantly ask me if i compete thats why i started doing deads maybe in the near future i could do my 1st contest. im always see posters at the gyms i go to of competitions. I hate that under over grip its so umcomfortable

SLDs tear my hams up like no other....get form down rite or ur lower back will kill...i do DC style training and i can say on back/upper body day, that i DEF do DL last on my list for the sole reason that my whole workout after them is at about 60% strength lol...there would be no way i could crush deads, then go into like beating logbook for pulldowns, then chest, then tris, then delts...i can do all of those 1st tho, and still remain pretty strong on DL...455x13 last week for last exercise, sum1 feelssss the boooom!! legggooooo!!:D

455x13 thats killing it......i wish

i dont use straps but maybe soon. i definitely use a belt no way i could do them without one...... when i can find chalk in a gym definitely better than gloves.
thanks for all the advice definitely switching to back day. im gonna use an overhand grip now too for training

i wuz actually thinking about competing after i got my weight up on my deads. i do pretty good on my squats and bench press. People constantly ask me if i compete thats why i started doing deads maybe in the near future i could do my 1st contest. im always see posters at the gyms i go to of competitions. I hate that under over grip its so umcomfortable

What's your max so far? Just curious.

I usually do the deads on leg day...if I am going to torture myself, might as well do it all at once.

What's your max so far? Just curious.

i just started a month ago been hittin them once a week with my legs. ill be starting my 5th workout in the next couple days but i am switching it to my back days. It takes to much away from my legs. i just did 405x2 is my max so far. I never done these b4 in my life so i dont know if thats good or bad. I have low weight plus my age might give me an edge if i decide to compete...... but thats a dream way in the future

I would do dead lifts on back day towards the beginning of your workout after u have warmed up nice and good. go hard. then next week go light. i either do that or i do heavy hard dead lifts every couple weeks. every week is hard on the body. they get my hams nice and sore which i like.

i did this work out this week deads 1st, extn warm up, leg press, front barbell squats, leg curls and was done! i usually seperate deads with back but cldnt from heavy leg day a week ago back was tight on deadlift day and had to skip em. figured id make up for it this week and did deads with legs, not sure if i dig it lol

I have been thinking on the subject for a while of when to do deads also. So today what i found to work well is to use the square bar that you stand in the middle of and put some plates right under where you would stand in between the bar. i found that with standing on the plates with my feet close together that i have to rely get down low to do the exercise. by doing this i found that i got a really good back work out and quad workout in this one excersise. After this i then continued to do my regular leg workout. So i have decided to split my back workout between two workouts. On leg day do this exersize for my back and on shoulder day i will do the more conventional dead lifts along with shrugs for shoulders.

I keep "leg day" and "back day" as far apart as possible, just because I do deads with back and like to go heavy with both.

I agree.

Recently I have split leg / back into 3 days, consisting of:

Quad / Calf
(Squat, Leg Press, Quad Extension, Calf Raise (Seated and Standing), ETC.)

Ham / Lower Back
(Deadlift, SL Deadlift, Lying Ham Curls, Lower Back Extensions, ETC.)

Upper Back
(BB Row, TB Row, Pulley Row, Lat PD, Pull Up, DB Row, ETC.)

I work these in once a week, the other days being chest, arms, and shoulders (1 day off a week) making my 7 day split. It really helps me to focus on 1 major compound movement per workout, and it's hard to do deads with BB row / Pull-ups.. or to do it with squat. This split works well for me focusing on deads with just lower back and hamstrings.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws