over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlifts

usd610

Registered
So deadlifts are the one exercise I've always trained from a powerlifting standpoint. Ussually follow a coan/phillipi program for 8 weeks based off percentages, which ends with a ME attempt the last week. Then I'll ussually either pull from 18" in use some bands depending on where I feel my week point is for a couple weeks after my max attempt. Then I'll stick to sets of 3-5 off the floor for a couple more weeks untill I start the program over. This was good enough to get me to a 650 deadlift@ 225lbs about 3 months ago before I hopped on cycle.

I wanted to see what you guys stick to for number of sets and rep ranges for deads. I want to start concentrating on bodybuilding more and not worry about my numbers for my deads anymore. I know some respond better to low rep ranges high weight and some higher rep ranges. I myself feel the sets of 3-5 are optimal for me. Ussually warming up with 225x5, 315x5, 405x4, 495x3, then 3 work sets above 535.

I dead lift every 2 weeks and add a couple of kilos to the bar and always go for 5 reps, if i get 4 ill do same weight until i get 5 but haven't failed yet. It's the only lift i train just 1 all out max set, just seems like a power movement to me. everything else a more traditional bodybuilding 3 sets of 10 or so

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I dead lift every 2 weeks and add a couple of kilos to the bar and always go for 5 reps, if i get 4 ill do same weight until i get 5 but haven't failed yet. It's the only lift i train just 1 all out max set, just seems like a power movement to me. everything else a more traditional bodybuilding 3 sets of 10 or so

I do this also, except once a week and usually stick with doubles

Not worrying about deadlift numbers !?!?!? :eek:

I don't know, as long as your other rowing movements are good, A huge deadlift means a huge/thick back no matter what the rep range is.

I like doing 405 for reps when I am feeling frisky though. It's a good way to put my back out of commission for a week.

Not worrying about deadlift numbers !?!?!? :eek:

I don't know, as long as your other rowing movements are good, A huge deadlift means a huge/thick back no matter what the rep range is.

I like doing 405 for reps when I am feeling frisky though. It's a good way to put my back out of commission for a week.

I'm already at close to 3 times my body weight, but saying I'm not worrying about numbers I mean I am no longer goin to be training for a max single. Doesn't mean I'm still not going heavy. I'll probably be workin in the range of 575 for 3 sets of 3.

Haven't done them in awhile, but love them when I do.

I usually pull from a box or pins a few inches above usual bar height, to minimize stretch reflex, on one week. The second week I pull 20-30% less from a deficit, and the third weeks I do either Car DL or Trap bar Dl.

I prefer high reps for DLs

600x1 might build strength, but you can't go wrong with 600x10

I noticed alot of people have higher deadlift numbers then their squats but for some reason im the exact opposite I actually squat about 30 pounds more then my deadlift , I started working hard on them and I think my technique might not be all their even after looking up tons of videos about it , anyone else experience this ? Perhaps I just have very dominant leg muscles..?

I noticed alot of people have higher deadlift numbers then their squats but for some reason im the exact opposite I actually squat about 30 pounds more then my deadlift , I started working hard on them and I think my technique might not be all their even after looking up tons of videos about it , anyone else experience this ? Perhaps I just have very dominant leg muscles..?

I'm the same way my squats probably 100lbs more for some reason. Some people's bodies are made to dl while others have more capabilities to squat is the only explanation I can think of in my experience. Maybe someone else with more experience in strong /powerlifting will be able to chime in better.

I'm the same way my squats probably 100lbs more for some reason. Some people's bodies are made to dl while others have more capabilities to squat is the only explanation I can think of in my experience. Maybe someone else with more experience in strong /powerlifting will be able to chime in better.

A lot of power lifters have a better squat than deadlift. My deadlift about 120lb more than squat. I've always been good at pulling movements and crap at pushing moments for some reason. Some people have arms almost down to there knees which makes an easy deadlift, some have short stumpy legs which makes an easy squat. All genetics

I like to rackpull more than deadlift, but when I do I usually just work up to one working set of hopefully 6 reps, with no straps.

Same with rackpulls, actually....I try to get 5 reps each set, starting with one plate per side then adding a plate each set, until I get to my working weight then aim for 6 reps.

My max deadlift is about 110 pounds more than my max squat, BTW.

Deeds were always the staple of my back workout for thickness. I always did them last because they used a lot of energy. I got to where I was doing three sets of triples to finish off back. I noticed after awhile of doing heavy deads and squats my ass began bleeding worse and worse, so I made a rectal and colon appointment and they did emergency surgery on my rectum because it had become tore open all around it. They put me out and it seemed like five minutes, but I instantly felt so much better. After my two week appointment, he said I could go back to doing everything I was before.

Wow...they had to rip you a new asshole because of deads? I feel a lot of pressure there too..but no bleeding.

I usually have 2 deadlift workout schemes.

warm up with 135 to 405-then 495 x10 585x4 and single at 635 was my last w/o....that is just regular deadlift mixture of reps all the way to a single.

My power workout would be similar but 459 I just do 4, only want to get a feel of the weight.
585 Ill have more energy and strength do anywhere from 6-8 this way.
Then move to 675 for 3-4 and top out around 705 for a single.

Its just a matter of energy and strength conservation on the power days for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131