over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

deads on leg or back day

felthamboy

Registered
hi guys what do you think of doing deads with legs i normaly do back and frount squats on leg day and deads with back i have been thinking about only doing 1 type of squat followed by deads on leg day i do legs once every 4 or 5 days and the same for back i was thinking this way my lower back gets abit more rest and i can work on bringing up my chining strenth on back day

many thanks
simon

Thats a great question I have also questioned that myself over the years. That along with a couple of others like dips on chest or tri day. Looking forward to the responses, because I am not sure.

Definitly works just fine. After squats you won't need many warm ups and you won't need to do many work sets. Keep the reps on the low side IMO as well.

Personally I would leave deads on back day! It is said when doing compound movements like deads and squats ur body releases more igf and growth hormone. Since you are all ready doing a compound movement along with working a big muscle like quads you are all ready getting all that good stuff put into your body. That’s one of the reasons I would leave deads for you back day. This way you will be getting the same affect while doing back. This alone will allow you to put on more muscle on back day. Deads are also the key to having a Big back IMO! I did not ever do them until three months ago and they are bad ass….

swol said:
Personally I would leave deads on back day! It is said when doing compound movements like deads and squats ur body releases more igf and growth hormone. Since you are all ready doing a compound movement along with working a big muscle like quads you are all ready getting all that good stuff put into your body. That’s one of the reasons I would leave deads for you back day. This way you will be getting the same affect while doing back. This alone will allow you to put on more muscle on back day. Deads are also the key to having a Big back IMO! I did not ever do them until three months ago and they are bad ass….

Swol,
Do you think we should also take into consideration what if one of those body parts we do last during the week? Like say we do Back on Tuesday, then Legs on Friday. Should we save it for Friday's leg day so it doesn't hinder our leg training strength? This was always my train of thought, but you guys are the pros.

BTW, how's the wife?

I do deadlifts with Back. After Squats and Leg Press I usually have trouble standing up so the Deadlifts would probably kill me.

Ok not to sure if i understood the ?! Ok let’s see you are saying if you should save the deads for ur leg day! Correct? If u r working out hard yes these are two very big day so yes would def. keep the separated. As far as saving, so u have strength for leg day…well IMO you should be plenty rested for quads by Friday. They should have no effect at all with that much rest.

swol said:
As far as saving, so u have strength for leg day…well IMO you should be plenty rested for quads by Friday. They should have no effect at all with that much rest.

Thats a good point. It is a good amount of time in between.

Off the pins on back day. I couldn't do them with legs or I'd lose breakfast.

I LIKE DEADS ON EITHER DAY. I THINK THEY ARE AN AWESOME EXERCISE.

I AM CAREFUL WITH MY LOWER BACK BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANOTHER INJURY.

MY LAST LEG DAY WAS MORE OF A LIGHT DAY SO I STARTED WITH DEADS.

HERE IS WHAT WE DID:

DEADLIFT FROM THE FLOOR: 225X8, 320X8, 375X8 AND MY FINAL SET WAS 405 X10 REPS. [ I CAN GO HEAVIER BUT I AM EXPERIMENTING WITH REP TEMPO ETC]

BODYMASTER HACKS: [IN THAT MACHINE WITH THE PLACE FOR YOUR ASS..SORTO LIKE A CHAIR..TAKES ALL THE STRESS OFF YOUR LOWER BACK]...

4SETS OF 30 REPS...SLOW ON THE WAY DOWN...CONTROLLED EXPLOSION...4-5SECONDS ON THE LOWERING PHASE..STOP...PUSH UP 1 SECOND. LEGS WERE ON FIRE...VERY PAINFUL.

HAMMERSTRENGTH SEATED LEG CURLS: 3SETS OF 15 REPS...SAME TEMPO ON THE REPS...TRYING TO KEEP TENSION ON THE MUSCLE FOR 60-70 SECONDS.

MANY TIMES IF THE MOOD STRIKES ME I'LL TRAIN BACK AND HAMS ON THE SAME DAY....THEY SEEM TO GO TOGETHER WELL. SOMETHING LIKE THIS....DEADLIFTS, CHINS, ONE ARM DUMBELL ROWS....HAMSTRING CURLS AT THE END....THAT'S A FUN ONE.:)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131