over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deads without straps

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So this week I started deadlifting without straps, today I am noticing a very deep soreness in my biceps, anyone else experience this?

My numbers have dropped since dropping the straps but I believe they will progress back up as my grip gets stronger.

idk really have a reason as to why ive dropped the straps but im doing it on all my back exercises, my biceps are probably my weakest bodypart, so if this helps with an increase in size im not complaining lol

Still using a double overhand grip though

I do my deads w/o straps either. Helps build grip strength. I do however use straps for shrugs and some back exercises. You're soreness will go away the more you deadlift w/o straps.

I do my deads w/o straps either. Helps build grip strength. I do however use straps for shrugs and some back exercises. You're soreness will go away the more you deadlift w/o straps.

I figured it would just like most exercises. anything I can do to get a boost in arm growth I will at this point lol

training without starps will prob keep your form more honest avoid injuring yourself.

The problem is they rip open and bleed everywhere. Last time the gym goers didn't appreciate me bleeding all over the bar :X

The problem is they rip open and bleed everywhere. Last time the gym goers didn't appreciate me bleeding all over the bar :X

Really? Mine have never ripped open and bled from lifting weights.

I agree..horrible mess

So this week I started deadlifting without straps, today I am noticing a very deep soreness in my biceps, anyone else experience this?

My numbers have dropped since dropping the straps but I believe they will progress back up as my grip gets stronger.

idk really have a reason as to why ive dropped the straps but im doing it on all my back exercises, my biceps are probably my weakest bodypart, so if this helps with an increase in size im not complaining lol

Still using a double overhand grip though

Get yourself some Fat Gripz and use them as often as you can, especially on arm day. You're grip strength will improve FAST and your forarms will grow faster as a side effect.
To me, you are not truly deadlifting if you use straps.

And one more thing, if you are using a double overhand grip, my suggestion is to learn and use a hook grip.

Really? Mine have never ripped open and bled from lifting weights.

same here, usually mine just grow on top of each other until some girl decides to take them off for me and they gross out lol. But definitely never bled!

I've ripped callouses a couple of times deadlifting and it hurts like hell. I cut mine off pretty frequently now to avoid it.

Lots of biceps have been torn from using an over / under (strapless) grip.

Lots of biceps have been torn from using an over / under (strapless) grip.

Yep, I didn't mention that in my previous post, but I partially tore my left bicep tendon years ago while deadlifting with an over-under grip. Still bothers me today.

Yep, I didn't mention that in my previous post, but I partially tore my left bicep tendon years ago while deadlifting with an over-under grip. Still bothers me today.

I'll stick with being the sissy in the corner using straps.

Im interested (as its kinda the topic) what you guys think helps building up grip strength, i literally on any exercise get to a point where my forearms just give way

So basically lets take dumbell rows for an example 55kg dumbells (my gym doesn't have any heavier) the weight feels absolutely fine, the first 8-10 reps feel like i can do 8-10 more, but then my forearm literally just seizes up and i cant even clench my hand, i have real problems using straps as well, anyone ever come up against this before?

I'll stick with being the sissy in the corner using straps.

Lol def. Not sissy, I just wanted to try something new. I never use over under grip either, scares the hell out of me. Maybe I'm a pussy haha. Double overhand suites me gi.e

Im confused. Are you deadlifting to get a better grip and stronger biceps? If you are other exercises work much better. If deads are for back development, why wouldn't you want to artificially "strengthen" your weakest link in order to maximize weight overload on your back and legs? Just curious.

Im confused. Are you deadlifting to get a better grip and stronger biceps? If you are other exercises work much better. If deads are for back development, why wouldn't you want to artificially "strengthen" your weakest link in order to maximize weight overload on your back and legs? Just curious.

Like I said no real science behind it, just trying something new. My old trainer use to say if u need straps then it too heavy for u and he had a great back. I'm not deading to increase grip and biceps I just noticed how much more they are worked without straps. I can say that my form has increased without using straps, why? Idk

My grip will always go before my back does. Not trying to train forearms or grip strength when doing deads so I use straps. Usually 4-5 sets total but the first 2-3 sets I don't use straps.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws