over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dealing with ass kissing co worker

tornquad2

Registered
i have this co worker that kisses the bosses ass,the problem is that he puts others down to make him sound better,i have just as much experence as he does but because i come to work do my job and go home i dont seem to get any credit for anything i do.now we got a new boss and on day one he started again

i have this co worker that kisses the bosses ass,the problem is that he puts others down to make him sound better,i have just as much experence as he does but because i come to work do my job and go home i dont seem to get any credit for anything i do.now we got a new boss and on day one he started again
This is an all-to-common problem in the workplace. I know your frustration must be great. Do you think your supervisor can distinguish the difference between honest hard work and ass kissing? Is the ass kissing so blatant that it's noticable? Perhaps your boss and this peer just get along better on a personal level? There are many factors at play here. The solution though, is always the same. Do your job to the best of your abilities. Take credit when credit is your due. If possible, discuss with an "open door policy" manager other than your boss. Use words like "frustration" and "I'm confused" rather than "it pisses me off" or "He's an ass-kisser." In other words, keep the focus on you, your hard work, and your frustration and not putting down your peers work or him personally. That just makes you look bad or at least petty. If the environment is such that it is cutthroat as to reward ass-kissing and back-stabbing, then look for work elsewhere, wipe your feet, and say farewell to the entire company (which will eventually fail anyway).

I am very open and honest with my manager. If someone has upset me on my team I discuss it with my boss. In your case I would say something like does it upset you that so an so is such a brown noser. Always point out the work you do to your boss. Never let your boss think for a minute someone else did your job.

Part of your job as an employee is pointing out your successes you have to self promote. It is hugely important to toot your own horn. No one else will do it for you. I can say if I just sat back and hoped for good reviews I think I would make 40-50% less than I do now. Point out what you did never let someone. Else take the credit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Eventually the brown nosed ass kisser will fall on his ass and be called out for it. Be patient and as said do your job and do it better than anyone else. Show up for work on time each and every day and put your nose to the grindstone. The office butt freak will speak out of turn one time too often and will fall hard. He cannot continually criticize another's work if that persons work is on the money. It will make him look stupid and expose him for what he is. Also while he is so focused on the work of everyone else he cannot possibly be doing his own job effectively. So just do your thing bro and do not worry about "office butt freak".

i ave a similar situation, but different as well. my boss is a dodger of work, i make his job very easy. he w=makes twice what i do, but really doesn't do a damn thing. high dollar baby sitter. everything that used to get escalated to im, now goes to me. he gets the credit, i do all the work, and goddammit, it's getting old. now, i'm treated with respect, he lets me do as i please (and i i DO NOT abuse the priviledge) but he still takes my credit. well, the other day, our dirextor (his boss) was talking to me about how he (my boss) is always trying to call in and skirt duties (i had no idea she even knew) and she was telling this shit to ME. i guess what i'm saying bro, is that things get noticed more than you think. if you're doing everything right, then steady the course. just keep on keeping on. eventually things will pan out, and the cream will rise to the top. i was AMAZED that the director was telling ME about how she gets sick of all his 'reasons why he can't make it in today' and all that. people see things that you may not realize, so keep doing a good job. there are always others watching ( i guess) that we son't realize are there.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131