over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dealing withe ending a relationship!

Hot Dog

Registered
I ma currently leaving my fiancee who I love very much.She has a drinking problem that she will not adress.I love her very much but i cant seem to fix her.This is going to be one of the hardest periods in my life.Anybody that has gone through this or anyone going through it now have any was of coping i would like to hear them.
Thanks

well hey man i wish i can help you as im 20 and my gf just broke up with me that i dated for 2 yrs left me for a 40 yr old guy when shes 18 but its nowhere near your situation man i just wanted to say im sry bro shit sucks more than anything people always tell me time heals eevyrthing train hard and shit it deff is a hard time wish the bes for you man

Depress is definitely not the solution... Last time I broke up, I have so much rage... I spent it to the gym and workout a lot. Workout avoid us to think about all that b*llsh*t

Alcohol is a big problem, I lived it with my father and then with a girlfriend too. And I took the same decision as yours because it started to destroy me too...

I am 40, in life with gfriend not wife, four kids, its painful shit
need to be selfeless and leave the only woman I have ever loved
to be home for my kids,
its a twisted world we live in

as sad as it is you ARE doing the right thing. Alcohol is a far worse drug than peopple give it dredit for. I lived the same scenario, unfortunately i convinced myself that i COULD fix her. I married her....its been about 14 months of pure hell...teh drinking will get worse...until she hits rock bottom and if you are married to her you will destroy your life trying to keep her from geting there yet in the end she will anyway and just take you along for the ride. I am now preparing for the divorce as we speak. It sucks becasue like you i love her but she refuses to even accept its a problem. On top of that she has two children (not mine) but they will suffer extensively without me in the picture to take care of their financial needs.

im hoping when she comes home to an empty house she will see her rockbottom and go to treatment.Ive bluffed about leaving in the past.Im not bluffing anymore.

I ma currently leaving my fiancee who I love very much.She has a drinking problem that she will not adress.I love her very much but i cant seem to fix her.This is going to be one of the hardest periods in my life.Anybody that has gone through this or anyone going through it now have any was of coping i would like to hear them.
Thanks

That's your problem right there, you are trying to "fix" her. You can't "fix" an alcoholic or drug addict. First of all, they have to want to get sober/clean for themselves, nobody else. If they want to get clean for other people, they will relapse very quickly. Have you spoken with her family about her alcoholism? You know, sometimes it is better to let people hit their bottoms and not "saving them" from hitting it. That is called enabling, you are allowing them to continue the behavior with no consequences. Maybe this is her bottom, you leaving her.

MOREPAIN, you sound like my father-in-law, who will do anything to keep his wife from hitting rock bottom. You are actually hurting her more than helping. You are enabling the activity/behavior and she doesn't see a problem or consequence because she doesn't have to face it because she never gets there, you "save" her. Divorce won't be her rock bottom, because she will think that YOU are the problem, not her and alcohol. You want a simple solution to this, MARCHMANT ACT her! If you truly feel she is a dnger to herself and/or her kids because of the drinking, you can have her placed in a rehab facility. Trust me, you can work through things without going to divorce. The kids need to see that you are exhausting every avenue before getting a divorce

the kid is mine from another relationship .So the only person she is harming is herself.I wouldnt have kids with her.

i agree with what you are saying....again they are not my kids i have no legal rights whatsoever with the kids. If she goes to rehab they go to their fathers they don;t stay with me. My last stand was choose to get treatment or choose divorce...she chose divorce.

That's your problem right there, you are trying to "fix" her. You can't "fix" an alcoholic or drug addict. First of all, they have to want to get sober/clean for themselves, nobody else. If they want to get clean for other people, they will relapse very quickly. Have you spoken with her family about her alcoholism? You know, sometimes it is better to let people hit their bottoms and not "saving them" from hitting it. That is called enabling, you are allowing them to continue the behavior with no consequences. Maybe this is her bottom, you leaving her.

MOREPAIN, you sound like my father-in-law, who will do anything to keep his wife from hitting rock bottom. You are actually hurting her more than helping. You are enabling the activity/behavior and she doesn't see a problem or consequence because she doesn't have to face it because she never gets there, you "save" her. Divorce won't be her rock bottom, because she will think that YOU are the problem, not her and alcohol. You want a simple solution to this, MARCHMANT ACT her! If you truly feel she is a dnger to herself and/or her kids because of the drinking, you can have her placed in a rehab facility. Trust me, you can work through things without going to divorce. The kids need to see that you are exhausting every avenue before getting a divorce

great advice

i agree with what you are saying....again they are not my kids i have no legal rights whatsoever with the kids. If she goes to rehab they go to their fathers they don;t stay with me. My last stand was choose to get treatment or choose divorce...she chose divorce.

That's all you can do man. Sorry if I came across as an ass, after reading what I wrote I thought you might take it that way. That is the best and really the only thing you could do, you gave her an ultimatum and she appears to have chosen drinking over you and her kids. I commend you for that as I know it is a very difficult decision. If she ever gets sober, she will look back and realize that she really messed up. If she does get into AA or another 12 step program, she will probably want to make ammends with you at some point. You don't have to forgive her, but at least aknowledge that she is trying, IF she ever goes that road. I've been sober 5 yrs and that was one of the hardest things to do, contact people you royally F'd and apologize. Thank God they were understanding

Thanks

Bro I was in the same boat as you. Except it was my wife not a fiance that had a drinking problem. She eventually got a DWI and that was the last straw for me. I served her divorce paperwork and had to let her go. You can only take so much...

Pretty much in agreement with everyone else. Thinking you can change someone never works! The person doing the rescuing is usually the one that gets hurt in the end. I'm not sure what's worse, having to leave someone you love, or watching someone you love destroy their life. Hotdog, you are doing the right thing, but it's not easy

Thanks for the support.Getting ready for some lonely nights ahead.Im on tren also which makes me more depressed .

Thanks

well first off im sorry to hear that :(. in April will be my 3 yr sober date. i have been in the program for a little over 3 years. my fiance was doing his best to try to fix me but he knew he could not do that. so he did the same thing that u did called it off. that was probably the best thing he could have done to "Fix" me. i got in a program, got me a sponsor, and have been sober ever since. but it was not easy for me or him. he had to learn how to trust me and i had to learn how to forgive him and myself. its going to be rough but you need to do what is BEST FOR YOU!!!! but yeah that my story i hope it helps in some way xox:)

So did yall get back together>?

yes we did but it took 2 years. he had to gain trust. drinking is a day to day struggle for me. so i kick ass in the gym. and he helps me with that. so chin up k. itll be a bumpy road but you'll grow stronger as a person..... god i sound so mushy LMAO

This is a shot in the dark but do you live in Ga.The reason i ask is there is a girl named tasha at my gym that is really fit.

well first off im sorry to hear that :(. in April will be my 3 yr sober date. i have been in the program for a little over 3 years. my fiance was doing his best to try to fix me but he knew he could not do that. so he did the same thing that u did called it off. that was probably the best thing he could have done to "Fix" me. i got in a program, got me a sponsor, and have been sober ever since. but it was not easy for me or him. he had to learn how to trust me and i had to learn how to forgive him and myself. its going to be rough but you need to do what is BEST FOR YOU!!!! but yeah that my story i hope it helps in some way xox:)

Good advice Natosha......
Now for the OP, she has to first learn to love herself enough to quit before she can really love you. Maybe this will be enough for her to get herself together..... I would expect a whole lot of calls at night bro, probably when she's in a drunken stuper begging you back... My advice is to stay strong.... She has to do this on her own and because she wants to in order for it to stick.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws