over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Death of bodybuilding?

bodybuilding wont go anywhere. we have survived for years. they cannot stop obsessive maniacal juice shooting, iron throwing brotherhood!!!headbang:

lil dramatic but seriously, bodybuilding will always find a way. even if we need to create a mens bikini comp to fund our sick obsession. physique is an example that it looks like we will do what it takes to keep funding shows so we can be freaks:D
-JS

This is so true, but we will have to put up with an army of primadonnas

I know I'll get flamed for this but BB has been dead for yrs...if not there'd be no need for mpd and women's bikini divisions

I know I'll get flamed for this but BB has been dead for yrs...if not there'd be no need for mpd and women's bikini divisions

tbh I like watching womens bikini. its hot.:love: what else is there to say. I wish they could limit the number of entries tho. it gets a bit ridiculous.
and mens physique... it just is what it is.... we (bb'ers) still get most of the magazine covers and big supplement ads.
mens physique division with so many contestants and so many becoming pro so fast kinda fucks themselves. meaning, who the hell will remember any of their names? there are too many of them. BUT, in bb'ing there are fewer competitors. harder to win etc. so we remember their names and they can get big sponsors bc of that.
-JS

I hear ya MM.

Just know that the evening posing routines count for nadda
in even higher level NPC shows. All the scoring is done in prejudging,
the Overall is usually determined at night.

However if one athlete is far superior, the decision can be made very quickly.

That may explain the judges passing their score cards. (???????)

-MT

Exactly i can remember my first bodybuilding competition in 1998 Mr KY gold cup.
Many of the guys who worked on these routines wasted their time according to my then pre contest coaches ,Roger and Sandy of Beverly international.
Yeah they made sure i worked on my mandatory s for weeks and weeks ,well you already know posing brings out all the detail with the diet.
Several routines before me where slow and easy sounding songs and Roger asked me what i was going to hit first and i said ,i don't know ?? Welcome to the jungle was the song he picked cause i had 10 years of powerlifting before i started bodybuilding(had more thickness) and 40 seconds later everybody said it was great(lol)
He told me afterwards the winner of the class is already picked at prejudging ,i just went out there and had fun@

You as well as the others know Npc wants the fee's (can't blame them) but most go to see the muscle not the hand on hip:D

Glad you as a judge pointed this out to all ,oh btw i didn't win the over all but i was hooked and went back next year to win the over-all.

Good judges are not a dime a dozen and for the most part ,at least in the state local are judged fairly .
I am sure there are shows tht clearly the winner shouldn't have one ,but name one activity judged that is?I was always told apples and oranges! God i hate that excuse(lmao)

tbh I like watching womens bikini. its hot.:love: what else is there to say. I wish they could limit the number of entries tho. it gets a bit ridiculous.
and mens physique... it just is what it is.... we (bb'ers) still get most of the magazine covers and big supplement ads.
mens physique division with so many contestants and so many becoming pro so fast kinda fucks themselves. meaning, who the hell will remember any of their names? there are too many of them. BUT, in bb'ing there are fewer competitors. harder to win etc. so we remember their names and they can get big sponsors bc of that.
-JS

So true, one of my biggest issues with the sport is you can take a good looking somewhat fit women make her start working out for a year throw a pair of fake tits on her and now shes an IFBB pro same for guys physique there are just way to many going pro way to fast. You make a great point people always remember the greats and the contenders.

Exactly i can remember my first bodybuilding competition in 1998 Mr KY gold cup.
Many of the guys who worked on these routines wasted their time according to my then pre contest coaches ,Roger and Sandy of Beverly international.
Yeah they made sure i worked on my mandatory s for weeks and weeks ,well you already know posing brings out all the detail with the diet.
Several routines before me where slow and easy sounding songs and Roger asked me what i was going to hit first and i said ,i don't know ?? Welcome to the jungle was the song he picked cause i had 10 years of powerlifting before i started bodybuilding(had more thickness) and 40 seconds later everybody said it was great(lol)
He told me afterwards the winner of the class is already picked at prejudging ,i just went out there and had fun@

You as well as the others know Npc wants the fee's (can't blame them) but most go to see the muscle not the hand on hip:D

Glad you as a judge pointed this out to all ,oh btw i didn't win the over all but i was hooked and went back next year to win the over-all.

Good judges are not a dime a dozen and for the most part ,at least in the state local are judged fairly .
I am sure there are shows tht clearly the winner shouldn't have one ,but name one activity judged that is?I was always told apples and oranges! God i hate that excuse(lmao)

I agree except I think the overall should take a little longer than 15 seconds...even if someone seems like they're better what if someone else is a better poser? Or has serrated glutes? You see I just feel that they rush through shows and don't give enough respect to BB's who worked so long granted I know a good judge will KNOW who the winner is but at least give em a shot you know?

In another ten years the npc will have only physique, tank top and tight t shirt divisions.

Because Bodybuilding will never be as popular.

People can relate to physique and fitness look, and frankly to the average person it's more appealing than seeing 300 pound guys.

Most normal people think the "huge bulky" look is gross and unappealing.

I think you hit the nail right on the head! The only people who are really really interested in Bodybuilding...are body builders or amatuear BB's.

The general public thinks they look ugly and to big. IT's not appealing to most. However, you put a bunch of girls in bikini's ..... guys are gonna be appealed. You put a bunch of Men Health magazine models on stage and the girls are gonna be more interested and attracted to that than looking at a brother whos cock would probably break her in two!

In another ten years the npc will have only physique, tank top and tight t shirt divisions.

God I hope so! Then I can eat whatever I want, don't train legs, have no abs, lift heavy and look great in a shirt! Oh wait.... I do all that now :p

God I hope so! Then I can eat whatever I want, don't train legs, have no abs, lift heavy and look great in a shirt! Oh wait.... I do all that now :p

Yes, not all of us can live off hot dogs, red-bull and vodka and a steady diet at the Y.

bodybuilding wont go anywhere. we have survived for years. they cannot stop obsessive maniacal juice shooting, iron throwing brotherhood!!!headbang:

lil dramatic but seriously, bodybuilding will always find a way. even if we need to create a mens bikini comp to fund our sick obsession. physique is an example that it looks like we will do what it takes to keep funding shows so we can be freaks:D
-JS

Can't help to like you brother:D

So true, one of my biggest issues with the sport is you can take a good looking somewhat fit women make her start working out for a year throw a pair of fake tits on her and now shes an IFBB pro same for guys physique there are just way to many going pro way to fast.

It fits perfectly in the new American way...take the easy path.

-JS

I don't disagree and competed in BB before but just stating the obvious without other divisions there wouldn't be enough $$ to keep the sport alive

Interesting. Good point on it being all about the money. Feels everything is nowadays...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws