over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Debate on Rest Days......

what about days off weight training and instead do cardio or conditioning workouts like stadium stairs or interval cardio/ hiit cardio ..Personally I can not weight train every day. But I do Train some form every day I will work muscle groups for 2-3 days in a row and then take a conditioning workout. also the conditioning days are for PT or massage, kind of a metabolic recovery day.

what about days off weight training and instead do cardio or conditioning workouts like stadium stairs or interval cardio/ hiit cardio ..Personally I can not weight train every day. But I do Train some form every day I will work muscle groups for 2-3 days in a row and then take a conditioning workout. also the conditioning days are for PT or massage, kind of a metabolic recovery day.

sounds good if size isn't ur goal

sounds good if size isn't ur goal

270 @ 6' with visible abdominal walls , I am a Big guy no doubt about it but I would rather do hiit or stairs in the sun to keep the BF in check. massage and PT with mobility work at my house with banded distraction and lacrosse balls really helps out my heavy days at the gym. my point was if some guys need to train like they are manic like me about it there is comprimise you can give your cns a break and still get the endorphin rush from training..Compromise LIL slice. Athletes can have the best of both worlds.

It's not that they can't, it's that they shouldn't.

As stated above, it's not as much that your muscles aren't capable, it's that your CNS tires. If you don't train with much intensity, then you should haven no problem lifting everyday. But for guys who put a lot of effort into each set, your CNS can fatigue...and steroids aren't gonna make your nervous system more capable.

Exactly. If you aren't going all out DY style then you might not have a problem training daily. I base my program on DY's and I only do weights every other day. Make my best gains training like that and my body feels good.

1 bodypart pr week. Chest delt trize on Sat. Then back and bize on Sun.
Abs and legs on Mon.
May get an arm day in on Wed if I'm not sore from previos.
All I know is you grow only when you Fully recover.

270 @ 6' with visible abdominal walls , I am a Big guy no doubt about it but I would rather do hiit or stairs in the sun to keep the BF in check. massage and PT with mobility work at my house with banded distraction and lacrosse balls really helps out my heavy days at the gym. my point was if some guys need to train like they are manic like me about it there is comprimise you can give your cns a break and still get the endorphin rush from training..Compromise LIL slice. Athletes can have the best of both worlds.

I'm not as big as you but this is exactly what I do for the most part. I like to get the heart rate up every day and maintain proper fitness levels.

1 bodypart pr week. Chest delt trize on Sat. Then back and bize on Sun.

Abs and legs on Mon.

May get an arm day in on Wed if I'm not sore from previos.

All I know is you grow only when you Fully recover.

3days on 4 days off?

When training for a show in deficit I train 6 days per week. When off season 4. As I've gotten older, 38 now, my joints can't do more than one heavy intense day per body part per week. I do smash my muscle in that one session though. Comp training I do each body part twice a week w lower volume each session using more drops and supers. Works well for me.

I used to train 6 days a week, it worked for a while

Now I started training only 3 days a week, and much heavier low volume

Iv gained for in 2 months of this than I did all of the last 6 months

days off

i'm in my 50's and find that i can hit it hard for 2 days in a row then i need a cardio day or a rest day. in my 20's i could hit it for 4 days in a row. just started 2iu of gh a day and have noticed an improvement in my recovery time but still need the extra rest day

I have to take a day off after legs. Also take into account systematic fatigue.

Also it depends on the split. Chest, legs, shoulders, back, arms split is hell of a lot different than push/legs/pull 5x a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much rest you need or the frequency of rest days is highly individual based on your current recovery capacity and your training intensity/volume.

But there are essentially zero periodized programs for strength athletes which don't incorporate some type of deloading/detraining phase. You can definitely resensitize the body to training stimulus by taking 1-2 weeks off and probably increase your longevity in the sport as well.

I will train between 5 and 7 days a week. I shoot for 7 but if I'm to tired or beat up I take a day off. I don't plan rest days, just go with the flow.

I am constantly active with my job so sometimes I'm just to tired to hit the gym but most days I can get in a light workout even if I'm exhausted

3days on 4 days off?

That's it! It is high intensity and volume.
Pryamid up to my heaviest x 3, then pick up the pace as I go lighter.
Normally my last set of delt ext is with only the weight of my hands.
( but I have real big hands) lol

I took a rest day and the gym called to see if things were ok. :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member