over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Debate the p90x guys!

debate the program?
the program is perfect for 99.999% of the population to get to the "perfect body" they want...
for the other 0.001% (which is us OCD bigorexic guys :p), it's pathetic.

It builds muscle, it burns fat, the diet they provide (or phases) are close to perfect...

i would dare 90% of the board to keep up with the videos. that shit is intense. intense enough to build 10-15 lbs of new muscle on an untrained individual, and get him/her shredded.... this is what most people want.

for us who want to gain 50 lbs of muscle on top of that 80 lbs we've already built and don't care if we pass out from walking up a flight of stairs... yeah, this program is shitty

I agree 100%.

my wife did the advanced with extra cardio and did the whole 90 days. I couldnt believe the amount of volume it has. the chest workout you basically do different variations to pushups for like an hour straight. Its a shit ton of push ups.

she got stronger, leaner and her LBM went up. looked great after doing the whole 90 days.
I have yet to see anyone else actually finish the advanced full 90 days.

I think its a pretty decent program

Some of my friends have now been doing it for over a year. They are the fittest they have been in thirty years. One of my friends who was extemely fit used it to gain more athletic ability and endurance and started winning tournaments in his chosen sport.

The cardio, stretching, yogo, plyometrics, core stuff, well, lets face it, I do not do near enough on my own. My impending hip surgery stopped my use of this program.

As far as gaining muscle? Depends on where you start. As Buselmo said, for 99% of the people who do no weight training, they will gain some LBM. I would not expect to gain muscle other than in areas the Yoga and core exercises attack that I do not hit with weights.

I've only know one big guy to commit to it regulary and quit lifting. He was pretty big and lean to begin with and remains so, but swears he now hurts a lot less than when lifting. He is about fifty and was beginning to have back issues. All in all I would say for us building muscle, no, but the flexibilty, cardio ability, core strength that some of us may be missing I would say absolutely valuable.

P90X is not for bigorexics ::tar-wars

I have a friend currently on his 2nd week of it. He's in good shape and has weight trained for about 6 years. He was 210ish with about 13%BF going into the p90x.

The program just seems to be a lot of bodyweight stuff, stretching, and light weight high rep stuff to get the metabolism ramped up and burn cals at the same time. Going to be interesting to see if he gets shredded and keeps his muscle.

well lets face it, it is a great system for what it is to get into better shape and lean if you stick to it.

none of the people in the DVD's are huge like big kiwi are they so i wouldn't be looking for this kind of result, i do how ever lack in my stretching and core training so was looking to use this before hitting a cycle to get some better flexibility and reduce chances of a tear or strain,to get leaner for a better result at the end of a 12 week stint on tren and cyp.

am doing the planning to start in 2 weeks and see what comes of it....

thats like someone asking me 'you want some brownies? '

my response 'does it have weed in it?'

so yes it will work for all of us,,,, if you are on gear ahhahahahah

The program is sold on QVC for 130 dollars!!

That's what pisses me off.

"Coming soon from the makers of P90X - 'Learn to Cook Yourself Dinner!' A 12 DVD set teaching bachelors how to cook different meals including spaghetti, chicken and rice, steak and lettuce and more, for the SUPER LOW PRICE of only 130 dollars!!" (After watching these DVDs, I'll learn to cook myself dinner y'all - the program works!)

Last edited:
The program is sold on QVC for 130 dollars!!

That's what pisses me off.

"Coming soon from the makers of P90X - 'Learn to Cook Yourself Dinner!' A 12 DVD set teaching bachelors how to cook different meals including spaghetti, chicken and rice, steak and lettuce and more, for the SUPER LOW PRICE of only 130 dollars!!" (After watching these DVDs, I'll learn to cook myself dinner y'all - the program works!)

Bit torrent anybody? I cant remember the last time I paid for any kind of dvd or software app, music cd etc... LOL

1. The only thing thats "good for burning fat" is caloric deficit, and quality food selection.

2. Px90 can build strength/muscle.. Just not much. Good for beginners.

I just hate the guys doing their p90x bs at the gym taking up the squat rack with 8 different sets of dumbells.:banghead:

How would you debate the p90x guys? I'm claiming it's only good for burning fat and not putting on muscle. These guys are saying it's awesome for gaining muscle?

yes its awesome for gaining muscle if you have never worked out in your life and weigh like 150lbs. ANYTHING physical you do at that weight with an untrained person will stimulate muscle growth

the way i see it, if some people are lazy or fat slobs, and P90X motivates them to do something physical and improve their lives then more power to them.

better to do something than nothing

Are the p90 guys the ones that look that fish flopping around on the pull-up bars? I saw a guy doin his little routine with that kettle bells and all that jazz and I thought to myself...."Is that guy having a seizure or trying the 300 workout?"

debate the program?
the program is perfect for 99.999% of the population to get to the "perfect body" they want...

It builds muscle, it burns fat, the diet they provide (or phases) are close to perfect...

i would dare 90% of the board to keep up with the videos. that shit is intense. intense enough to build 10-15 lbs of new muscle on an untrained individual, and get him/her shredded.... this is what most people want.

for us who want to gain 50 lbs of muscle on top of that 80 lbs we've already built and don't care if we pass out from walking up a flight of stairs... yeah, this program is shitty

lol well said. its easy to forget we are in the minority, and our ways are not necessarily the healthiest and best for 99% of the population.

p90x is probably really effective at getting everyone else where they wanna be.

debate the program?

couldnt have said it better

Sometimes people need the template. A goal for most is to be more healthy. I don't know what happened to diet and exercise but, if this helps them, cool.:rolleyes:

It seems most of the responses focus on the lack of muscle building on the program. I tried it for a while and benefited greatly from the core work, stretching, and yoga. I stopped because of my hips. I have seen fantastic results in my office from mostly guys in their mid to late 50's. Best shape of their lives.

BTW true story told to me last week. A business partner that is 50 that I have know since college talked his 16 year old daughter into doing it with him and she basically puked. She is lean and reasonably active but primarily in horseback competitions so not really fit.

It is good for what it does and the structured program made me stretch and do yoga on a regular basis that I believe will help me as I age.

It, like most things in life, is only correctly viewed in context and most of the people using it are probably starting from a near zero fitness level.

Actually there is a fair amount of cardio in it and the diet programs it comes with are solid....
I got the whole package for my wife after she had our second boy...no time to go to the gym but she had time to do this in our living room...it worked well and is a very fundamentally sound program..its not gimmicky, and it is tough. Tony Horton is a bit of a tool and hard to take at times but the program itself is great for your average relatively untrained american with a piss poor diet...

X2 I too have used the p90x its ok to get back in shape after missing the gym for months due to injury and it does have a fair amount of cardio and diet included. However, for me it served the purpose of leaning me out and not much of a muscle builder, but it did get me into decent shape and gym ready.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear