over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Debate the p90x guys!

Twatta

Registered
How would you debate the p90x guys? I'm claiming it's only good for burning fat and not putting on muscle. These guys are saying it's awesome for gaining muscle?

I heard that's how Jay Cutler won the last Olympia

How would you debate the p90x guys? I'm claiming it's only good for burning fat and not putting on muscle. These guys are saying it's awesome for gaining muscle?

This portion is true. HOWEVER, you have to remember what types of people these programs are geared towards and that's not your typical bodybuilder. They are more geared towards your average every day couch potatoes who are looking for something fun and exciting to do in order to shed some unwanted weight and fat. And YES in the process build up "some muscle". Now will this get you ready for the olympia? NO. Will it get you into a better shape then what you had before stating the program? YES. Hope this clears it up a bit.

I would tell them just because you "look" more muscular it's probably because you have dropped body fat.

Stay tuned for my new and improved P90X it's called

P91X ...."the only system to use when your wife won't let you go to the gym anymore"

Yeah there are benefits from Px90 for sure, as would any training program, But these "regular people" are already avid gym members/models and are paid to say they got their body just using px90 just as all people are that are sponsored by supplement companies..however I cant remember myself or anyone just dancing around in their living room and doing crunches and getting a 6pack. There is a thing called diet and cardio which they left out.
Not a firm believer.

Yeah there are benefits from Px90 for sure, as would any training program, But these "regular people" are already avid gym members/models and are paid to say they got their body just using px90 just as all people are that are sponsored by supplement companies..however I cant remember myself or anyone just dancing around in their living room and doing crunches and getting a 6pack. There is a thing called diet and cardio which they left out.
Not a firm believer.

Actually there is a fair amount of cardio in it and the diet programs it comes with are solid....
I got the whole package for my wife after she had our second boy...no time to go to the gym but she had time to do this in our living room...it worked well and is a very fundamentally sound program..its not gimmicky, and it is tough. Tony Horton is a bit of a tool and hard to take at times but the program itself is great for your average relatively untrained american with a piss poor diet...

hard too debate...I know to tubs of lard that got into it at home and put on some muscle and lost fat...both guys say they never remember feeling better...

so if it gets some people working out and hopefully staying in the habit I think its great.

Muscle gain would be minimum. Depends on what shape yu were in before the program. If you never worked out before then yes you would probably gain some muscle due to the new activity.

If they advertised it as: "build muscle if you have none"

then less people would buy it...

All in all, if it gets a person to exercise for 30-45min each day for 5-7days a week involving cardio and resistance type exercises... it's a great idea.

Would I think that someone could do this and become a 265lb monster??? Probably not...

Not a firm believer.
As much as I hate these gimmick workout programs, you are incorrect about the paid models. A close friend of mine used this program after she had her second kid and got pretty shredded (although, severe lack of muscle, but whatever) and she is on the commercials. Any workout program works for people who are in shitty shape to begin with, as long as they stick with it.

As much as I hate these gimmick workout programs, you are incorrect about the paid models. A close friend of mine used this program after she had her second kid and got pretty shredded (although, severe lack of muscle, but whatever) and she is on the commercials. Any workout program works for people who are in shitty shape to begin with, as long as they stick with it.

Exactly!! Any program will work for people that are tubs of lard. If I came up with "the mailbox diet" for example, where the individuals would go check their mail 100x per day of course they would lose weight because they are obviously more active than they were before starting it. The problem is america believes there is a new faster easier way to lose weight and they keep falling for it because America and most people are too lazy to get up early and go to the gym b4 work or even go after. Lack of inactivity and ease of processed foods made people this way and now their is a bogus program popping up every few years that is better than the next time and time again.

My wife used to be sponsored by a supplement company and was featured each month in Oxygen Magazine. Apparently the supplement/fatburner she used got her ripped with a 6 pack, but they didnt tell you she did 90min of cardio per day on top of 6days per week of weight training. Abs are made in the kitchen not from videos or supplements.

Well can't really be all that......................CHUCK NORRIS HAS NOT TRIED IT YET!!! OMG Did I really say CHUCK NORRIS........Shit did it again..............OH no who is that at my door??

Well can't really be all that......................CHUCK NORRIS HAS NOT TRIED IT YET!!! OMG Did I really say CHUCK NORRIS........Shit did it again..............OH no who is that at my door??

I hear if you say his name three times in a dark bathroom in front of the mirror he appears behind you and karate chops you in half...

I believe most of these people did gain muscle and lose fat, but most were untrained, previously trained and the stopped, or went with a new direction of training and/or made it more of a focus in there life...

Not a firm believer.

It's not just dancing around the living room. I have a friend on it who isn't a bodybuilder, but just in good shape who uses it all the time. He asked if I would do a chest/tri workout with him. I did, and it basically consisted of dozens upon dozens of different pushups: wide grip, triangle grip, high position, low position, and so forth. So it's very high volume type training with mostly your bodyweight. I probably did 200+ pushups of various kinds in a very limited time span and it did fry my triceps and chest for the next couple of days, as I'm a heavy weight/low rep kind of person.

If you were in a hotel room for a couple of days without a gym, I could see this as being a nice way to get a workout in. But no, you aren't going to gain 40lbs of muscle on it.

yeah, i cant see sustained results in gaining mass over time with the program, but i havent tried it so im not 100% sure

Ive looked at it before and its not for me personally. Just not my style. I did enjoy the nutrition manual that comes with it. Nice meal plans,,grocery lists etc..

I had this debate already - and won.

I just said I wouldn't trade my body for yours. Left em speechless. :cool:

debate the program?
the program is perfect for 99.999% of the population to get to the "perfect body" they want...
for the other 0.001% (which is us OCD bigorexic guys :p), it's pathetic.

It builds muscle, it burns fat, the diet they provide (or phases) are close to perfect...

i would dare 90% of the board to keep up with the videos. that shit is intense. intense enough to build 10-15 lbs of new muscle on an untrained individual, and get him/her shredded.... this is what most people want.

for us who want to gain 50 lbs of muscle on top of that 80 lbs we've already built and don't care if we pass out from walking up a flight of stairs... yeah, this program is shitty

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear