over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Debunking the myth bb'ers arent athletic, IFBB Pro BRAD ROWE

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Came across some posts of Brad Rowe on another message board. Started watching some of his vids and got sucked into em. His discipline and work ethic is insane.
Anyway, not sure i have EVER seen a pro bb'er as athletic as him. LOTS of guys on here claim bb'ers can barely walk up steps and breathe hard just talking etc. Uh, BRAD ROWE is def exception to that rule.
Check out the clip. scroll to 15:55 min into the vid. wow.
check out his vids tho, insipring and educational.
-F2S

Last edited by a moderator:
geeeeez, posts video clip thumbnail and its ass shots of brad sigh.... its a good vid besides the man ass shots!
lol
-F2S

IFBB Pro Brad ROWE geeez epic fail spelling his name wrong
-F

This type of training is commonly known as general physical prep. I use primarily westside barbell principles and GPP is done every workout for me. Chad Wesley Smith and the Jugg/RP crew also program in alot of it. Learning to move explosive helps with the transfers of power from concentric to eccentric. More times than not if you can't move well you can't lift well. I challenge everyone to find time for it.

There are definitely some freaks who are muscular and athletic, but I would say the statement that bodybuilders are not athletic is generally true. Muscle mass limits mobility, cardio, etc. hence the reason the great UFC figures are smaller guys. I most enjoy watching the big guys fight (MMA), but you can' tell they aren't as skilled and sometimes its laughable how they get out of breath so easy.

More muscle = more strength (usually),
Less Muscle = more agility, quicker, more speed, more power

But its more a bell curve IMO. If your brother is 120lbs and be bulks up to 150 he may be more athletic, but once he hits 190,210,230 he will definitely start to become less athletic. Then with any person stretching, mobility work, playing a sport can make them more athletic with what they have to work with, but muscle mass still limits mobility.

There are definitely some freaks who are muscular and athletic, but I would say the statement that bodybuilders are not athletic is generally true. Muscle mass limits mobility, cardio, etc. hence the reason the great UFC figures are smaller guys. I most enjoy watching the big guys fight (MMA), but you can' tell they aren't as skilled and sometimes its laughable how they get out of breath so easy.

More muscle = more strength (usually),
Less Muscle = more agility, quicker, more speed, more power

But its more a bell curve IMO. If your brother is 120lbs and be bulks up to 150 he may be more athletic, but once he hits 190,210,230 he will definitely start to become less athletic. Then with any person stretching, mobility work, playing a sport can make them more athletic with what they have to work with, but muscle mass still limits mobility.

roger that.
you hear some guys saying pro bb'ers cant walk up stairs without being winded etc. Brad Rowe looks like he could jump up a flight of stairs lol
-F2S

roger that.
you hear some guys saying pro bb'ers cant walk up stairs without being winded etc. Brad Rowe looks like he could jump up a flight of stairs lol
-F2S

That's usually in reference to 300lb+ bodybuilders, or those with massive weight to height, who have pushed their bodies to the limit off season (pre-contest too).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131