advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

decline bench necessary to build a perfect pecs?

Same old discussion.

There are loads of chest exercises out there and they all work - it just depends on your individual biomechamics. Personally, for me, inclince have injured my shoulder in the past, and even when it is sore, declines don't bother it at all. So for me declines are nice.

But look at Yates, his blood and guts video shows him stating that inclines are better than flats for him as it takes the stress of the delts better.

So my conclusion is that you need to find what works for you. Hang on......thats what this whole sport is about....:D

Seems nobody has mentioned regular ol' push ups yet or dumbbell pullovers? Great exercises for chest.

Decline barbell press may yield results, however, there are some chest machines that are supposed to mimic the decline movement that are a total joke. The ones with the seat belts that you wedge yourself in and use your whole body to push the weight. Guys throw on four plates like they are a pressing god but can't put up 225 on a regular flat bench. My shoulders are still in good shape so I prefer incline press..better strength builder IMO.

Seems nobody has mentioned regular ol' push ups yet or dumbbell pullovers? Great exercises for chest.

Decline barbell press may yield results, however, there are some chest machines that are supposed to mimic the decline movement that are a total joke. The ones with the seat belts that you wedge yourself in and use your whole body to push the weight. Guys throw on four plates like they are a pressing god but can't put up 225 on a regular flat bench. My shoulders are still in good shape so I prefer incline press..better strength builder IMO.

I love me some good ol' push ups, they really are a simple yet effective excercise for the chest.

from what im reading, i should start declining.. my apt gym does not have dipbars...

what other workouts do u recommend besides decline bench/dumbell/dipbars for lower pecs?

You can use the cable crossover too...but from the bottom. I like the stretch from this.

Same old discussion.

There are loads of chest exercises out there and they all work - it just depends on your individual biomechamics. Personally, for me, inclince have injured my shoulder in the past, and even when it is sore, declines don't bother it at all. So for me declines are nice.

But look at Yates, his blood and guts video shows him stating that inclines are better than flats for him as it takes the stress of the delts better.

So my conclusion is that you need to find what works for you. Hang on......thats what this whole sport is about....:D

Yates has also stated that decline presses are what built his chest mass sooo...

Why declines work!

Go stand in front of a mirror and flex your chest as hard a you possibly can. Where do your hands end up? Most likely down at your waist or below in front of your body. The reason that happens is that the entire job of the pec is to bring the upper arm down and across the body. dame motion a decline uses. Also, Iv'e seen more than one study showing total fiber recruitment to be the highest with a decline press and lowest with an incline. I'll try to find these studies but please be patient, im actually posting from work right now.

NO DE CLINES

im a firm believer in incline bench compound barbell presses.here is why,the chest gets good development in this exercise and the muscles follow from the mids and the lowers.there is nothing more stupid looking than a chest with thick lower pecs and thin upper pecs.[ive seen this in the gym]for full development dips also to help round it out.
i used to do decline benches because i was strongest in this position.but i soon realized i was just jerkin my brain off.so when i started doing inclines my chest started comming into fuller development which helped for when i was also doing shoulders that day also so i could consentrate on the medials and rear delt after in large amount of work to the front delt.

Go stand in front of a mirror and flex your chest as hard a you possibly can. Where do your hands end up? Most likely down at your waist or below in front of your body. The reason that happens is that the entire job of the pec is to bring the upper arm down and across the body. dame motion a decline uses. Also, Iv'e seen more than one study showing total fiber recruitment to be the highest with a decline press and lowest with an incline. I'll try to find these studies but please be patient, im actually posting from work right now.

Exactly as Tkav states. . .the motion is identical like the most muscular/crab shot in order to best show off full pec development.

I prefer dips. Love em. My staples for chest are barbell flat, barbell incline, and weighted dips. My weighted dips are stronnggggg :D

I recently started doing chest twice a week. Once hard and heavy and once lighter and higher reps. In fact all I do is 3-4sets of 15-20reps on the decline with DBs. Killer pump and its all pecs

Last year I wanted to try decline press since I never did them in 20 years of training. I used light to medium weight and higher reps. Not sure why but after month or so my shoudlers were killing me. I always use good form but it really hurt my shoulders. Flat and incline press does not hurt me but decline did. Very strange. Stoped decline and within few weeks shouders were good again....Never doing decline again

Last year I wanted to try decline press since I never did them in 20 years of training. I used light to medium weight and higher reps. Not sure why but after month or so my shoudlers were killing me. I always use good form but it really hurt my shoulders. Flat and incline press does not hurt me but decline did. Very strange. Stoped decline and within few weeks shouders were good again....Never doing decline again

Had the same problem when I had impinged shoulders and terrible flexibility in them. Once I addressed those issues declines were from heaven

i have the same problem...once i loaded a bit of weights, shoulders will come in....

Had the same problem when I had impinged shoulders and terrible flexibility in them. Once I addressed those issues declines were from heaven

mind sharing how you addressed the issues?:D

I love decline! Everyone always comments how amazing my chest is. Super set decline bench. And decline dumbbell fly's ... Feel the pump baby!!

I personally don't like decline. But what works for some doesn't work for others

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws