over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Decline Bench

Declines are so effective because they hit every mucle in the pec area. Inclines don't do this, nor do flat benches do this. But declines incorporate more muscle fiber than any of the other movements.

At what degree do you do them at?
Full ?

i never did decline i always feel into that myth it just worked your upper chest till i seen a dorian vid saying decline is what builds your chest the whole thing and also seen phil preaching it too and sence then i added it and have gotten the best results.

funny i cant go to heavy med wieght at least 12-15 reps works best anything around 10 or lower not as much my tries take over and the next day my chest wont be sore!

SB

Declines are sensational for building a nice, full chest......

Dorian loves them as does Phil.......I even remember reading that Ken Waller used declines after not getting much development from incline and flat presses.......I say they are just about the best for chest size!

I actually only do inclines and declines. The only time I ever do flat bench is if its with db's or on a hs press. Just for pump.

My neck is so fucked I only do inclines and declines also. Flat with DB's and I don't push my neck into the bench.

Declines rock if you want to push more wieght put the bench at a higher angle.

I love decline press. Really love DB decline but it;s such a PITA to do.

when lowering the bar, where do you bring it to? Lower chest/upper ab, middle chest, upper chest/near neck, etc...?

The function of the chest is to bring the arm down and across the body. Hence why it hits so much of the pecs, it literally fires the whole muscle.

Never cared much for declines-flats and inclines work well for me

having been doing inclines as my first chest press followed by db flat.

maybe i should try going to Declines, have not done them in years like many other that have stumbled on this thread.

plus i have a bad shoulder and everyonce in a while inclines flares it up.

Just read a study in Muscular Development that showed flat and incline to be more beneficial for a fuller chest, or showed more muscle activation. I just started declines but my bench I'm using isn't the best design for it, but I'm hoping to at least notice some good DOMS from it, then go from there as far as doing them more often.

Great thread!!

Just read a study in Muscular Development that showed flat and incline to be more beneficial for a fuller chest, or showed more muscle activation. I just started declines but my bench I'm using isn't the best design for it, but I'm hoping to at least notice some good DOMS from it, then go from there as far as doing them more often.

Great thread!!

EMG studies would Disagree wiht flat and incline causeing more activation.

Nope. It was in muscular development magazine. It is true. You're wrong.

LOL. I thought that odd after reading this post then buying the mag like I do maybe 2x a year and reading that.

Anyway I'm all for decline bench now that I've attempted it. If I could just stop sliding downwards!!

tried declines for the first time in years after reading this thread. felt less pain in my shoulder and more isolation in chest. will definitely be focusing on them more in my routine

My lats seem a bit sore afterwards, too, I notice. I think I'll go 6-8 weeks just declines, then start switching with flat , maybe incline.

Also I noticed, on push day, after doing declines, I hafter lower my weight for military press, which is higher when it follows flat bench....I thought that odd.

Declines are the only pressing movement I don't feel pain in my shoulders. I can go heavy and feel it in my upper pecs more than incline!

As for the collar bone question... About 6 months ago I ended up taking my training partner to the ER cause his collar bone snapped mid rep during a warm up set. He was only benching 245 at the time and was just getting warm when I heard a god-awful SNAP!!! I grabbed the bar and racked it immediately! He has a knot in that area now.

He is back to doing incline barbell presses and is back up to pretty good weight. I guess some people just arent built for it. I think his form was off too. I have never had issues with them!

See, stories like that there ^^^^^ scare me from trying new things. Thanks. :D

people still read MD magazine? i thought it was one giant advertisement any more

people still read MD magazine? i thought it was one giant advertisement any more

Believe it or not, a couple years ago, I see an AX ad for 3AD in a MD mag, then upon investigating their site found superdrol NG, then investigating that found what real superdrol was, learned about PH's, start with epistane a few times, then the real superdrol bridged to phera, and now I'm here ready for a real deal cycle!!

So Muscular Development actually gave me something useful!!

But yeah, very rarely I'll buy one, like I said, maybe twice a year.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws