over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Decline Presses 365LBS Phil Hernon Style

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Marilyn shot this video in the gym on Saturday of me Decline Bench Pressing with 365LBS. I have been training under the guidance of Phil now since May and things are really starting to click. At 40 I am better and stronger than I have ever been. This is a PB and I am fortunate enough that Marilyn captured it on video, unfortunately also captured in the video is a girl behind me doing some excercise with cables and some type of Swiss ball. This act has spurned countless conversations on Pro Muscle of things we make fun of in the gym and damn if it isn't in my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKnREwFi8I

I always have to take a few seconds to let the blood leave my head so my eyes don't pop out at the end of a set of declines. If I tried to pose afterward, no doubt my eyes would roll across the floor.

Nice lift.. You did that pretty easy.. I say add 5 - 10 lbs next time around..

AWESOME!

Well you've inspired me to try decline BB again, I've been doing DB for a while now. :)
Good lift man, glad to see another hernon trainee.

Nice lifting Bro, I have a decline bench in mt gym but never use it. Do you think they are a good exercise for mass. I hurt my pec two weeks ago and so more flat bench. Looking big BTW

question

do you get better results doing partials? do you keep more tension on the pecs by not bringing the bar down to the chest? not critisizing your technique but truly would like to know so i could incorporate these in my chest training for best results. thanks

Nice set man...looked easy. As far as the girl in the background, every trainer at the 24hr fitness where I train at, has a client on some crazy ball or half ball, while lifting weights.

Nice lifting Bro, I have a decline bench in mt gym but never use it. Do you think they are a good exercise for mass. I hurt my pec two weeks ago and so more flat bench. Looking big BTW
Dorian Yates used declines religiously. When asked if it only works lower chest Yates said far from it. The interview was recently like a few weeks ago.

Marilyn shot this video in the gym on Saturday of me Decline Bench Pressing with 365LBS. I have been training under the guidance of Phil now since May and things are really starting to click. At 40 I am better and stronger than I have ever been. This is a PB and I am fortunate enough that Marilyn captured it on video, unfortunately also captured in the video is a girl behind me doing some excercise with cables and some type of Swiss ball. This act has spurned countless conversations on Pro Muscle of things we make fun of in the gym and damn if it isn't in my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKnREwFi8I

yeap killing that shit bro...

Good strength and nice smooth lift bro, but I have to ask, why don't you bring it all the way down? No disrespect meant, but decline is a short ROM lift anyway, so I always touch and go. Curious is all, I'm sure there is a method to your madness!

Good strength and nice smooth lift bro, but I have to ask, why don't you bring it all the way down? No disrespect meant, but decline is a short ROM lift anyway, so I always touch and go. Curious is all, I'm sure there is a method to your madness!

Its what Phil Hernon says to do...he posted a thread a while back about how working in the 80% range of motion is actually extremely beneficial in more ways than 1.

Great Job Tony! im trying to talk the girl into a trip to orlando this summer! ive been to disney a bunch of times but was never just in orlando. if i can get down id love to get a couple of workouts in...lol...maybe give ya a few cooking lessons!

I definitely don't lock out on my presses, and I don't quite touch my chest on inclines, however, I don't see the benefit of not touching on declines. With all due respect.

Nice set bro.... it makes me reminsce. Decline presses used to be my favorite bench. I used to do 405lbs for reps. Unfortunately my shoulder (rotator cuff, I think) won't allow me to do them anymore. Most of the pain comes from getting the bar off the rack and to the middle of the chest. For those who can, I strongly suggest including it in your routine.

Declines

I love declines, and throw them into my DC blast in some form, either smith or free weight. Only thing is the ROM as others said.

That set was fantastic, no problem, but you must have long arms. I have to touch and go or else the ROM is super short and I feel like I get nothing out of it. Just a question brother as what your doing is working for you, but would love to hear different arguments from you or Phil.

What happened to the other 1/2 of the rep range Tony? LOL. You suffer from the same thing as me, long arms. You've met me so you know we both have those long arms. I found that benching using about 80% of the rep range is good, but it's the bottom 80%. The lock out is worthless and 100% triceps and shoulders. I also find that doing declines last, when already fatigued allowing me to use less weight, works better. Just my two cents, but we share similar body types and it's working really well for me bro.

Going down to the chest on declines hurts my shoulders. Only with barbells though. I can do full ROM with dums with no pain.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131