over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deep tissue massage

curious said:

I heavily recommend getting someone certified in ART or GT, its amazing and has fixed me every time Ive had an injury, be it accute or from overuse.

I go to chiros who are certified in ART because I see value in adjustments and go in for a tune up every two weeks to halt any BS that arises from overuse or whatever.

A massage therapist would be good too, but I find that chiros are better at finding the root of my problem whereas MTs will use lotions and shit to help alleviate pain but not always find the root of the problem.

ART and deep tissue

I belive, don't quote me on this, but I believe that in ART they are actually breaking loosening the scar tissue/impingements from the affected area. With the deep tissue, they are just focusing on the muscle, not readjusting/loosening impingements. I guess if you would like a better answer, look on the internet. I have also heard that it is hard to find someone certified to do ART. There is another technique called Rolfing, which is very similar to ART, so if you can find someone who can do that, it would be good. Many times chiropractors who also do sport therapy do ART or Rolfing(which has been around for quite a bit longer than ART)

I'll be going for one tomorrow..

I've got one schdeuled tomorrow evening after my workout and the following day being a rest day. I see a lot of people recommending loads of water before and after the massage, i'll see to it. But are there any other issues i should take note of?

Also, for those who do not have problem areas that cause a lot of pain whatsoever, what kinda treatment do you go for or at least what do you tell the therapist? Just the normal deep tissue massage? Rolfing? This guy i'm seeing is a retired physio that has acsm, deep tissue massage and rolfing certs (he says he's up to level 3 on this). What kinda treatment who be best for a bodybuilder?

Thanks for any replies!

Last edited:
I WENT TO ONE LAST FALL FOR MY SHOULDER. HE DID SOME PRESSURE MOVEMENTS ON MY SHOULDER AND BICEP IT HURT A LITTTLE BUT IT SAVED ME GOING THROUGH SURGERY. HE ALSO GAVE ME SOME STRETCHES TO DO AND IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS MY SHOULDER NEVER FELT BETTER.

I LOVE the deep tisse massages! I haven't gotten one since my show in april bt I'll start back up soon. I'd get then every two weeks and when I start getting ready for a show I like to bump it up to every week. I think it helps tons in recovery and injuries. Sure they hurt like hell if you have the right person but it's all worth it in the end. Theres nothing I hate more than going to someone that can't apply enough pressure. The lady I go to works at a physical therapy place so she really knows how to get deep in the muscle.

I'm looking into this to for some scar tissue that has formed with my torn pec. I've been trying to massage it at home, but it is really tough. 1.5" wide x 1" long I'd say. Really thick mass on my upper arm. When I flex my bicep there is just a straight line from the peak of my bi to my delt. Its all filled in :(

littlemack said:
I'm looking into this to for some scar tissue that has formed with my torn pec. I've been trying to massage it at home, but it is really tough. 1.5" wide x 1" long I'd say. Really thick mass on my upper arm. When I flex my bicep there is just a straight line from the peak of my bi to my delt. Its all filled in :(
:f;od-smil :cheeky'sm

lolol!

If you have a chiropractor, get adjusted right after your massage. The massage makes it easier to manipulate your spine and you hold the adjustment better since your muscles aren't pullin you out of wack. I get deep tissue done at least once a month and it helps like no other.
The first time I had one done in awhile, I walked into the wall and had a migraine after. Drink plenty of water and have someone drive you home if you've never gotten one before. If I go a few months between massages, the toxin release is wicked and I can't see straight after.

BUMP for more information on this, I have been looking to try both as well not sure which to use though

I get a deep tissue (meuromuscular) massage every weekend. If I miss one I can tell then next week that my body isnt happy.

I would HIGHLY recomend this once a week.

Trulyhuge said:
Very helpful IMO...esp. for bodybuilders. Really tears down the muscles and loosend up scar tissue. I get mine REALLY DEEP. It hurts like hell but it works great. I feel much better afterwards and much much better in the gym.

I wish I could find someone in my area experienced with the deep tissue massage.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear