over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deer Antler PED

gulfcoast

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So where can I get a few quarts of this shit before my next leg day???? lmao

Never heard of this stuff till this morning when i was watching first take on espn,media is just trying anything to fuck ray lewis

I first heard about it about a year ago. But is this shit really that good??

I first heard about it about a year ago. But is this shit really that good??

It's garbage. Money spent on deer antler spray is better used for real igf lr3.

he's been on dat derr deer antler spray !!!!

Attachments

• vijay-roids.jpg
    vijay-roids.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 849
It's garbage. Money spent on deer antler spray is better used for real igf lr3.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/s....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130130

New to Most Fans, IGF-1 Has Long Been Banned as a Performance Enhancer

By MARY PILON and GINA KOLATA

In theory, at least, IGF-1 seems almost too good to be true.

It can, at least in animals, heal tendon injuries and build muscles. Available at anti-aging clinics, IGF-1, or insulinlike growth factor-1, has also found favor among athletes for the same reasons that its better-known relative human growth hormone has: it is believed to make an athlete bigger, faster and stronger. It may boost muscle, reduce fat and improve endurance.

IGF-1 came to foreground Tuesday when it was mentioned among the performance-enhancing drugs that a South Florida clinic provided to six baseball players and other professional athletes, according to a report in the Miami New Times newspaper. Sports Illustrated also reported Tuesday that some football players used a substance taken from deer-antler velvet that contains IGF-1.

Although IGF-1 is unknown to most sports fans, for years the drug has been a mainstay in the constellation of banned performance-enhancing drugs. It has long been on the World Anti-Doping Agency banned substances list, alongside human growth hormone.

There is no widely available urine test for IGF-1, but like human growth hormone, IGF-1 can be detected in blood tests. However, until this month, Major League Baseball and its players union had not reached an agreement to conduct in-season blood testing for human grown hormone.

IGF-1 is made in response to growth hormone and is needed for growth hormone to have its effects on muscles and other tissues. Growth hormone, synthesized in the pituitary gland, travels to the liver, which then responds by producing IGF-1.

The Food and Drug Administration has approved IGF-1 for children with a rare condition in which they fail to make enough of it. Their bones do not grow sufficiently and the children are very short. The drug, sold by Ipsen, is injected under the skin and travels through the blood to bones, stimulating them to grow.

IGF-1 and deer-antler sprays have drawn attention among elite athletes in recent years. St. Louis Rams linebacker David Vobora won a $5.4 million judgment against Sports With Alternatives to Steroids, or S.W.A.T.S., over the use of one of its sprays, which reportedly contained banned substances including IGF-1. The IGF-1 that the company sells is “natural, not synthetic,” said Mitch Ross, the founder of S.W.A.T.S., adding that it is “a raw food, not a drug.”

IGF-1 is “just like giving someone human growth hormone,” said Don Catlin, the former head of U.C.L.A.’s Olympic Analytical Lab, best known for breaking the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative doping ring. “It goes to the same kinds of receptors and turns them on.”

The S.W.A.T.S. Web site promotes the company as being for “athletes competing without cheating” and its Facebook page lists “IGF-1 Supplement (Deer Antler Velvet)” among its products. Online message boards brim with commentary about its effectiveness, but doctors have called into question whether IGF-1 works in spray form.

Ross, of S.W.A.T. S, said that while he had not tested the long-term effects of natural IGF-1, he maintained that the drug was safe. “If you abuse it, you could have side effects,” he said.

While IGF-1 could help athletes in theory, said Dr. Alan Rogol, a vice president of the Endocrine Society, there are no scientific studies with humans to show the expected effects actually occur. In animals, he said, if IGF-1 is injected into the body, muscles grow. If an animal is produced with genes that cause one muscle to overproduce IGF-1, that muscle grows, and if a tendon is injured, IGF-1 speeds healing.

One of the two tests used to detect growth hormone should also detect abuse of IGF-1. It’s called the marker test and what it actually measures is not growth hormone but growth hormone’s effects — an increase in IGF-1 and an increase in one of the metabolites released when a tendon is being repaired. The other growth hormone test, the isoform test, looks directly for the hormone and so it would not pick up IGF-1.

Rogol, among a small group of doctors who evaluate therapeutic exemptions for the antidoping agency, said the marker test has picked up a few athletes who tested positive, and most admitted growth hormone abuse.

Both growth hormone and IGF-1 are expensive, he added. Each may cost more than $25,000 a year for a child who is using one of the drugs for legitimate reasons. Athletes may use five or 10 times as much IGF-1 or growth hormone because they are bigger and use higher doses.

For professional athletes making millions of dollars a year, “that cost may be trivial,” Rogol said.

Still, the age-old temptations to pursue the use of performance-enhancing drugs remain and make IGF-1 still relevant, doping experts said.

“The only sport where you may not want to use it is curling,” Charles Yesalis, a professor emeritus of health policy and administration at Penn State, said of IGF-1. “In what sport does not being bigger and faster help you do better?”

Given the lags in implementing blood testing for the drug and number of anti-aging clinics sprinkled throughout the country, Yesalis said he was far from surprised when he heard about the wave of headlines Tuesday about IGF-1.

“I think this goes on all the time,” he said. “My response to this one is kind of a yawn. Drug tests didn’t bust these guys. It’s just business as usual.”

I read the story on cnnsi about the guy who started that shit outta the backroom of his gym. He wants to be another Bill Phillips or even Victor Conte. Dude is just another pusher. Nothing more nothing less.

I dont know why athletes are so fucking gullable. Deer Antler spray? Really. The name in itself sounds fucking stupid. You know what they say. There is a sucker born every minute. Seems to be alot of them in pro sports.

What will they think of next? Hairy bull semen that increases natural GH or test levels.

I say its bullshit. If it really raised IGF1 levels, and Lewis was using it, wouldn't it have shown up on his random drug tests? Anything for a distraction before the superbowl..

I heard about the stuff a few years back. Apparently there are even some docs pushing it. Does that mean it works well? No, but it very well may. I would still say there are better and more efficient ways of getting a spike in igf levels regardless though.

But, what does trouble me, is the fact that someone can get in trouble for consuming part of a fucking deer. If we are going to nit pick what parts of a game animal are "performance enhancing" (which is absurd), then we should start with the meat.

The only thing Ray Lewis and those kids from Alabama purchased was a massively expensive placebo, LMAO!!!!

And you know what? Nationwide, they're all going to be accused of actually taking something that helped them win, when it really didn't do anything. Gotta love the media.

The only thing Ray Lewis and those kids from Alabama purchased was a massively expensive placebo, LMAO!!!!

And you know what? Nationwide, they're all going to be accused of actually taking something that helped them win, when it really didn't do anything. Gotta love the media.

You know what is the real shame here? That the company would leak this information to the media. I would be fucking livid if I was Ray Lewis.

What cracks me up is many of these players are using HGH, why the hell would they want Deer Antler Spray.

I guess its no surprise, but the lack of knowledge even elite athletes and supposed experts have about "PEDs" blows my mind. I know we are essentially a drug culture, but damn these guys should spend an hour or two google searching what they are taking.

Unless deer antler spray is actually code for GH, real IGF-1, GHRP/GHRH then I am totally skeptical it does anything other than placebo. Its like when people tell me they take oral hCG drops... I just smile and walk away.

ESPN is now reporting that owner of SWATS, the one who allegedly recorded their conversations cannot confirm that Ray Lewis ever used the product!!!

What a douche bag just a straight up publicity stunt!!!! Fuel the mans fire for Sunday, like Billick said - when you say those things about Ray you do not understand the motivation it gives him!!! I pitty the receiver that comes across the middle on Sunday!!!

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510