over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Definition of Volume trainning

myostatin1

Newbies
I know in volume trainnig you do more "volume"... But is it more sets and reps with lighter weight? or just more total sets per body part while still using heavy weights?

thanks

I know in volume trainnig you do more "volume"... But is it more sets and reps with lighter weight? or just more total sets per body part while still using heavy weights?

thanks

Reps x sets = volume. Reps x sets x weight = total work.

just means that.... volume is more reps and sets. When you have more volume you generally sacrifice intensity and high weight

I think were so many people go wrong with volume training, and many people dont have the desired results with it, is they dont attempt to get stronger

Volume would just be higher reps yes? thats right. And this would mean you wouldnt be able to lift as much as you could for lets say 6 reps....but it doesnt mean you shouldnt try to get stronger at the high amount of reps

For me personally i just mix volume in with some lower heavier reps during the session...for example...when im training arms, i will usually go quite low on reps for something like close grip bench, followed up by lots of volume on rope pulldowns, but i do get stronger at rope pull downs....In the end i believe it just comes down to training very hard an intense, and taking every excercise (not set) to failure in the end

i like to do 15 sets per muscle group and 12 to 15 reps.

MORE TOTAL WORK! :)

A very long time ago, I figured that since I only do about 6-9 reps per set on average, I needed to make up for it in total SETS. I do about 20-25 sets per muscle now, and if I don't, I just don't progress. It's not just about adding more WEIGHT, it's about adding more WORK.:lightbulb:

A very long time ago, I figured that since I only do about 6-9 reps per set on average, I needed to make up for it in total SETS. I do about 20-25 sets per muscle now, and if I don't, I just don't progress. It's not just about adding more WEIGHT, it's about adding more WORK.:lightbulb:

It also comes down to what you might consider power also. Total work would be force X distance. Power is then total work/time. If you manage to do those 25 sets one day in about 45 minutes and then 3 months later youre up to doing those sets in just 30 minutes and youre using the same weight as before you have really increased your overall power by taking less time to rest inbetween sets. Less rest time can cause some great changes in your body.

as jay cutler said in his video, its all about speed man.

I currently train with what I consider higher volume.
At the very minimum 5 exercises with at least 3 sets.
I'm currently doing one heavy compound exercise at the beginning of each training session. I do 2-3 warm ups and 1-2 heavy sets to failure, 6-10 reps.
1-2 minute break between warm up and heavy work sets.

After that I go into multiple exercises with varying rep ranges and very short (or no) rest periods.
I am liking it so far. I figure I am getting some strength work in with the compound exercise, then increasing my total tonnage for the day by doing more sets and more reps total.
The short rest periods make it sort of a cardio workout too, like the golden age workouts. Some sets I go really light and really concentrate on working the muscle, and other times I just try to go a little heavier for strength. I just go by feel, if I want to rest and go heavy on the next set, I do. If I feel like belting out another set with no rest, I will. Sometimes I'll just move to a machine, then right back to the previous exercise.
It keeps it interesting for me, I needed a break from ten years of structured workouts with a log book. I'm making progress, so that is all that matters to me right now..... plus I'm enjoying it.

what did he mean by that ?

speed in getting the workout done ? speed in lifting the weights ?

I disagree that it is not about adding more weight, but I do agree it is about adding more WORK to a degree. IMO increasing reps and weights together, like in DC training, yields the best results.

Where I disagree in just total work (sets x reps x weight) being what is important is if your total workload is higher due to disproportionally higher sets or reps. I believe you should attempt to MAXIMIZE total workload utilizing the lowest amount of sets and reps you can achieve safely and progressively.

BEAST

I love doing speed during a workout. Rack that shit on the bench and tear that shit up :headbang: Now that is the key to a successful workout, just as jay

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear