over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DEFY THE MEATHEAD STEREOTYPE!!

I am in school for computer science or possibly will take it to engineering

It's funny when I tell people this in person when they ask, they're like whaaa - wow, that's cool

Yeah, specially how I dress - You're like a walking Nike store < Don't judge a book by it's cover. . . . Not that I care if you do ;)

It would the day when I see a swolle MD or a Lawyer

I did cs/cis in undergrad and am now an attorney. Lots of dummies in cis, don't flatter yourself. Lots of moron attys too. To people who don't know me or have never talked to me, I'm sure I'm a meathead. I just don't fit the mold. I've just accepted that...people assume those who carry abnormal amounts of muscle can't be all that bright. It's usually a safe assumption. Most in the gym and on this forum are total meathead dipshits. Reality. In a suit, it's pretty well hidden.

Samson, the extra brackets on your handle cause a bug when quoting you in Tapatalk. Failed it IT guy.

Last edited:

Are physique guys considered swole?
I mean, would you call Jeremy buendia swole?
I don't know the answer since I'm not up to date on lingo use loll.

Lemme know

My local orthopedic surgeon is 5'9 200. Used to play college baseball. He's Pretty friggen solid. I also in the medical field. Always get asked to help move obese patients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are physique guys considered swole?
I mean, would you call Jeremy buendia swole?
I don't know the answer since I'm not up to date on lingo use loll.

Lemme know

I guess it depends in who's eyes

Around these parts, people think I'm huge - WTF I feel average, I'm only like 200-210 at 10 or so % Bf

I know that I am no physicist, but people think I have nothing more to me than fitness. That's all people try to talk to me about

I usually get, wow I didn't know you were so smart or such a nice guy I'm glad I talked to you! People make all kinds of conclusions based on frivolous trivial things. If you don't want to get to know me, but you make a judgment based on my looks that's their problem not mine.

I guess it depends in who's eyes

Around these parts, people think I'm huge - WTF I feel average, I'm only like 200-210 at 10 or so % Bf

I know that I am no physicist, but people think I have nothing more to me than fitness. That's all people try to talk to me about

I think your being a little hard om youself. Give yourself a little more credit. 210lbs at 10% is not average. My old training partner was about 205lbs @ 10% and he looked really good.

-Baseline

I usually get, wow I didn't know you were so smart or such a nice guy I'm glad I talked to you! People make all kinds of conclusions based on frivolous trivial things. If you don't want to get to know me, but you make a judgment based on my looks that's their problem not mine.

:yeahthat:

I think your being a little hard om youself. Give yourself a little more credit.

-Baseline

I suppose so, it's this damn bigorexia

I only notice my size standing next to an average joe schmo - or when I lift - I'm like wtf, I like 2x as much and that gut don't look small. . . . lol

I only talk about weight lifting for the most part with people who have been in the game for a long time or in other words take it seriously and live it vs just a phase regardless of how long that phase may be. I'm respectful to newbies or those 'just getting back into it' or 'need to get back into it' but I'm bored of talking about what I live and have been living for 8+ yrs. I feel better in a loose sleeved shirt than a wife beater/cut off. Tight shirts make me gag I don't care how big you are or think you are. No offense.... And I never scream or drop weights. Natural breathing and light grunting sounds happen. Screaming is voluntary.

Last edited:

yes, exactly. Basing judgement on the size of muscles is ignorance.........

to poke fun at myself..........

how do you know you are a meathead..........

when you are on a date, and instead of commenting on her dress, you are thinking about how much protein is in the meal and if you should pick up a protein bar at 7 11 on the way home after dropping her off.

:DLMAO

Last edited:
Not going to he mistaken for a top bber...but I'm an attorney. You're right not many in shape at all. Only helps

Not earth shattering but squat and deadlift 500 pus for reps on weekly basis etc...

But not some beginner

When I think meathead, I think of a Jersey shore type of guy....i've never thought of myself as a meat head, nor have I ever had anyone think I'm dumb.....maybe its because I'm older now, but its almost always a positive experience when I interact in the public......it's really what you make of it....I probably care way more then some of you, but when an old lady asked if I compete, I say yes man, I do my best....

.if the redneck comes up and says....do you even lift, haha, bc he thinks its hilarious, I just smile big and move on, doing the best I can not to be a smartass....but when a college kid asks for advice, i will take the time, no matter where I am to answer his questions in a respectful manner.......its very important to me to come across as kind and respectful.....

...I was like some of you and young and cocky, bc I was 260lbs at 21 years old, and that I thought I was a bad ass......makes me cringe thinking about that.........maybe I care too much, but its important to me that when people speak of me, they say I was a really nice guy

When I think meathead, I think of a Jersey shore type of guy....i've never thought of myself as a meat head, nor have I ever had anyone think I'm dumb.....maybe its because I'm older now, but its almost always a positive experience when I interact in the public......it's really what you make of it....I probably care way more then some of you, but when an old lady asked if I compete, I say yes man, I do my best....

.if the redneck comes up and says....do you even lift, haha, bc he thinks its hilarious, I just smile big and move on, doing the best I can not to be a smartass....but when a college kid asks for advice, i will take the time, no matter where I am to answer his questions in a respectful manner.......its very important to me to come across as kind and respectful.....

...I was like some of you and young and cocky, bc I was 260lbs at 21 years old, and that I thought I was a bad ass......makes me cringe thinking about that.........maybe I care too much, but its important to me that when people speak of me, they say I was a really nice guy

As long as your being genuine about it (and it seems like you are) that's all that matters. I feel very similar.

I think a lot of us "cringe" when we look back at how we acted 20+ years ago... The thing a lot of the younger guys don't get is that when we give advice its not coming from a place of "I am better than you" - its more like "I was stupid and acted like a jackass and don't want you to suffer some of the same consequences that I did"
I honestly find it hard to accept that I am the age I am sometimes - but I definitely wish I would have had some of the wisdom I have now - back then. I also think that about the best thing anyone can say about me is not that I was jacked or anything like that - but that I am a good man / nice guy .. etc..

As a cyber-community of bodybuilders and those involved in the sport and/or the lifestyle we are often seen as the stereotypical "meathead". What qualities do you have that defy this stereotype and the assumptions that go along with it?

NONE
And personally I don't care if people call me a meathead, I take it as a compliment- the further away I am from the average Joe who blends into the woodwork- THE BETTER.

Meathead and proud.:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity