over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

delt training

I dont do front delt work on delt day , that gets hit on incline on chest day. I have done incline barbell before on shoulder day. Not currently though

side laterals-cables, machines db's, even partials on cables or db's, rear delts. dumbbell, cable, machines, even front db or cable raises hit side delts.

Anything I do works for delts. I’ve used zero pressing for a while but found it has its merits too.

usually it’s a smith press, side raise and rear delt db fly or rear delt machine fly. I might switch order of side and rear but that’s generally it.

Get out of here with your good shoulder genetics!! Lol

Arms and delts for me have been an absolute grind over years. Someone mentioned exercise selection previously. I feel guys who dont have that mind muscle connection really need to experiment with what works.

Anything I do works for delts. I’ve used zero pressing for a while but found it has its merits too.

usually it’s a smith press, side raise and rear delt db fly or rear delt machine fly. I might switch order of side and rear but that’s generally it.

Almost no pressing other than I do a lot of incline and dip type movements for chest.

Currently high volume raises starting with rear delts and moving to sides. I like a lot of the mountaindog exercises as they tend to be easier on my cuffs.

This week I did reverse pec deck, bent over rear delts raises and swings, seated shoulder raise machine (ours feels really good) dumbell raises leaning against a very inclined bench, and finishing with leaning away cable side laterals. Those movements in particular remove the very bottom of the movement where I get some shoulder pain. If I don't start inflaming the joint I can just keep the pump going.

Get out of here with your good shoulder genetics!! Lol

Arms and delts for me have been an absolute grind over years. Someone mentioned exercise selection previously. I feel guys who dont have that mind muscle connection really need to experiment with what works.
Hahaha. I think you’re right. For me, chest has always been a weakpoint and mind muscle connection was always hard, specially with presses. I think everyone’s strong point is often the one where mind muscle connection is good while it doesn’t even require effort to apply it.

lateral raise machine and then whatever you like.
If you have a training partner try BFT by Trevor Smith(RIP) and get into the pain zone.

lateral raise machine and then whatever you like.
If you have a training partner try BFT by Trevor Smith(RIP) and get into the pain zone.

It's funny you mention Trevor and BFT because it's fairly close to how I train them, I just avoid pressing movements. And it works. I take a set until it just doesn't go anymore. But like I said, ever since I started, I really began seeing that separation and roundness that I had been looking for.

A while back I started doing seated lateral dumbbell raises. I lean a little forward in the seat and raise db's up and back simultaneously. My delts were always good but this one was a gamechanger for me in a positive way.

A while back I started doing seated lateral dumbbell raises. I lean a little forward in the seat and raise db's up and back simultaneously. My delts were always good but this one was a gamechanger for me in a positive way.
I've been doing these for awhile now. I actually started them years ago because of a rotator cuff injury to push blood into supraspinatus/teres minor. I sweep the arms about 30 degrees to the front into shoulder blade scaption and lean forward and when I raise I sweep arms back a bit and externally rotate (so closer to side raises than halfway/45 degrees between side and front raises).

M2M by leaning forward do you feel it in your upper back more? Everybody is built differently I guess, but I do feel it incorporates those rotator cuff external rotators more than a strict lateral raise does.

ps I also try to "turn off" upper trap anytime I do side laterals as personally feel they can take over the movement and rob you of good side lateral mind muscle connection.

I've been doing these for awhile now. I actually started them years ago because of a rotator cuff injury to push blood into supraspinatus/teres minor. I sweep the arms about 30 degrees to the front into shoulder blade scaption and lean forward and when I raise I sweep arms back a bit and externally rotate (so closer to side raises than halfway/45 degrees between side and front raises).

M2M by leaning forward do you feel it in your upper back more? Everybody is built differently I guess, but I do feel it incorporates those rotator cuff external rotators more than a strict lateral raise does.

ps I also try to "turn off" upper trap anytime I do side laterals as personally feel they can take over the movement and rob you of good side lateral mind muscle connection.
I lean forward at a roughly 45 degree angle from hip to shoulder. In this position I don't feel it in my upper back since I am still relatively upright.

Side and rear lateral raises and lots of them

Respect

Madg

Strength up big time today, so got to enjoy a great shoulder workout where I replicated more or less above, then finished with an old school one... Behind the back cable raises. Really gave my shoulders a much needed stretch and felt great. I don't see a lot of guys do them so just thought I'd mention them here.

Seems to me like guys with big, round delts always place the priority on the lateral/side head... Dumbell side laterals is bread and butter.

This right here...

Some of you write essays ..

It’s Simple, intensity; heavy weight to failure; hit every shoulder head, and put in some calories for the Muscle to grow. if you want it; hit it twice a week.

I train delts every day. I never do front delts only lateral raises, rear delt raises and facepulls, that's it. I try to get in anywhere from 24 to 30 sets per week. Back in 2013 I was training them twice a week and it did get me nice results but it stopped then in 2016 I increased it to 3 times per week which was getting me results up until end of last year and now I'm doing them every day. Due to the volume I had to stop doing traps completely but so far it's working very well.

BTN pressing is the king of heavy delt lifting imo, both proven by EMG and by my own observation on the stretching of the lateral deltoid in the bottom position.
Upright rowing would be another one I think people underestimate a lot, done on the cable row lying on your back pulling apart two one arm handles would be the best variation imo.
Lateral raises done on the cable happen to be much better than with dumbbells due to the motion being challenging from the bottom to the top. Another option would be lying on your side on an incline bench if you would rather do dumbbell instead John Meadows/Joe Bennett have plenty of material on training for round delts which I think is really valuable to look into.
Banded face pull is extremely better than rope due to being able to pull apart your arms but against resistance from the band pulling the other way.
Rear delts have plenty of isolation work people do regularly but ignore multijoint movements imo just like they do with upright rows for lateral delts, one choice I enjoy would be chest supported rear delt row, you just row with your elbows going outward of your body

JOHN DEFENDIS USE TO DO 25-30 SETS JUST OF SIDE DELT RAISES TO START HIS WORKOUT

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131