over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Delts - What works best for you?

Pretty much the same here. Rear delts, then rest pause shoulder press, then straight set y raises or machine laterals for a coupe sets
New gym I signed up to recently has a Viking press and a side lateral machine... it's heaven

Haven't seen a side lateral machine since the early 2000's

Upright rows….y’all using a barbell or dumbbell? Or cable machine?
I switch it up between a barbell or EZ bar. I also like using an attachment for cables that's long and has two handles (hope that makes sense), and doing a upright row/side lateral hybrid. Not sure if there's a name for that but it hits the delts hard

Also @paulallen that's awesome. I think the Viking Press is the best pressing movement for delts, especially if yours has handles to do neutral grip too. You can kind of press into it and move your body forward to engage the delts better, kind of mimicing the classic John Meadow's cage press

New gym I signed up to recently has a Viking press and a side lateral machine... it's heaven

Haven't seen a side lateral machine since the early 2000's
I like using a landmine for sword pulls, and 1 arm landmine presses. I like Viking presses too but have always had to cobble my own. Never used a dedicated setup. And that’s crazy on the lateral machine. Every gym I’ve ever been to has at least one or two

Upright rows….y’all using a barbell or dumbbell? Or cable machine?
I do them with dumbells the way Dante has described where it’s kind of a wide grip upright row/lateral hybrid. Basically, a heavy wide grip upright Dumbell row with some body English

I like using a landmine for sword pulls, and 1 arm landmine presses. I like Viking presses too but have always had to cobble my own. Never used a dedicated setup. And that’s crazy on the lateral machine. Every gym I’ve ever been to has at least one or two
Shit, I should have been more specific...

STANDING side lateral machine... huge difference.

Those seated ones blow imo

I switch it up between a barbell or EZ bar. I also like using an attachment for cables that's long and has two handles (hope that makes sense), and doing a upright row/side lateral hybrid. Not sure if there's a name for that but it hits the delts hard

Also @paulallen that's awesome. I think the Viking Press is the best pressing movement for delts, especially if yours has handles to do neutral grip too. You can kind of press into it and move your body forward to engage the delts better, kind of mimicing the classic John Meadow's cage press
Nah no neutral grip but it's still amazing.

And yep... can basically move your body and stance a bunch of different ways to specify targets.

I'll do front leaning into it a little bit then stand backwards and mimic a behind the neck press.

Come to think of it, if I stood sideways I could do one-arm neutral grip presses but it might be awkward as it has a slight angle to it. I'll try it out though.

Shit, I should have been more specific...

STANDING side lateral machine... huge difference.

Those seated ones blow imo
Ya not a lot of standing ones around these days

For the seated lateral machine do you guys start with the pads on the elbows (sit higher) or up closer to the delt? Not on one now but I feel like even if you start with it at the elbow it will slide up towards the delt when you execute the exercise?

I forgot to mention a unilateral shoulder press machine.

The way I use it is to start by pressing both handles to the overhead position, the position / height of your preference and then lowering and pressing one arm to that height all the while keeping the other hand at that same height. Then pressing the other arm the same way.

Hope I am describing this correctly.

It redefines the meaning of the word ‘burn’.

For the seated lateral machine do you guys start with the pads on the elbows (sit higher) or up closer to the delt? Not on one now but I feel like even if you start with it at the elbow it will slide up towards the delt when you execute the exercise?
Elbows. Do not touch the handles. That is one of the reasons why I do them backwards in the machine. I lift with my elbows, my forearms barely if at all, touching the pads.

That is the way I do them. May not work for everybody but I love them, superior isolation for me.

Plus being the vain glorious bastard that I am, I get to watch myself.

I start a little above the elbow. Any lower and it hurts my elbow joint. Essentially, adjust the seat until the cams on the arms are at the same height as your delts. The cam and shoulder joint should be aligned and acting in tandem if that makes sense

I start a little above the elbow. Any lower and it hurts my elbow joint. Essentially, adjust the seat until the cams on the arms are at the same height as your delts. The cam and shoulder joint should be aligned and acting in tandem if that makes sense

👍

High volume low rest. Supersets, dropsets, just get them as pumped as possible. Load isn't as important on hypertrophy for delts imo. More load ur asking for more shoulder problems later

My felt work is ass backwards from years ago. Presses come very last!

Being a low volume guy I tried this today was intense but in a different way than just blasting everything to failure, not sure if I liked it.

First time I've worked delts and not focused on more reps or weight.

Reactions: D2
I've always done dumbbell side laterals (iron crosses) with good results. I recently started adding in this John Meadows shoulders six ways exercise as the last set of my shoulder workout. It will SIZZLE your delts!! I highly recommend it as a finisher for shoulders!

When I backed off of heavy shoulder pressing movements and put an emphasis on side lateral movements my delts really took off. I also like side lateral partials popularized by John Meadows I believe.

View attachment 178634
Do u feel more pump and volume work better then low volume, heavy longer rest? I feel like forcing as much blood flow is more effective for delts

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws