over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dens228 Monster Halo Log

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I was lucky enough to be selected by Monster to log their Halo of which they sent me a free pack. I just finished a cycle of Monster gear that was a whopping 600 mg/week of Test E and 300 mg/week of deca. My last deca shot was yesterday.

I'm going to be 54 years old in a couple of days, been training since I was 14. I played 2 years of D1 college football in the early 80's until a torn achilles ended my playing days. I competed at a fairly high level for many years on powerlifting, mainly at 198 and 220. When competing I was drug free and squated 860, benched 540, and deadlifted 660 at 220.
Right now I'm weighing 242 and my plan is to cut to 230 in the next 6-8 weeks while keeping my strength up.

For this log I'm going to keep test at 600 mg/week and use the Halo at 20 mgs pre-workout but not every workout. I'm currently on a 3 on 1 off split made up the following way

Chest/back/calves
Quads/hams/abs
Delts/biceps/triceps/calves

I do 7-10 minutes of hard cardio right after weights on days 1 and 3.

I'm going to use the Halo on days 1 and 2.
I take 20 mgs of Cialas on days 1 and 3, so every other day.

Each bodypart gets one exercise, three sets to failure. First set is the heaviest, I lower the weight by 10-15% for sets 2 and 3. I only log the reps for the first set. Back is two exercises, a pulldown and a row. Sometimes I will use a DC style rest pause for an exercise instead of doing the 3 sets, my reasoning for that is as simple as sometimes I just feel like doing it. Also sometimes I'll start out with higher reps just because I'm feeling a little beat up.

During this log I'm using 300 mg of test e on Sundays and Thursdays.
I workout in the morning so my ritual is as follows:
Wake up and have a shake that consists of 30 grams maltodextrin and 28 grams of whey isolate, if it's a Cialas and/or a halo day I'll take that at this time. 30 minutes later I take my pre-workout, which right now is Pre-Jym or Dr. Jekyll. 30 minutes later I work out.

Today was day 1 and already screwed up! I thought the halo was 20 mgs per tablet so I ended up taking 10 mgs, tomorrow it'll be 20.

The workout consisted of:
Decline bench for 3 sets
Med width parallel grip pulldowns for 3 sets
Smith BB rows for 3 sets
Leg press calves for a rest pause set
Seated Calf raise for 1 set

I felt a slight surge in intensity and strength hitting higher reps for the 1st set on every exercise, since it's the first day who knows if it was the excitement of trying the halo or not. Tomorrow I'll get it right by using 20 mgs.

Mostly just wanted to sub to the thread but gotta ask, are you cruising on 600 test? cause personally I would cut the test in half to cruise on but I know everyone’s different just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I wouldn't consider it a cruise.
Just an extended lower dose cycle.

I'm not a big dose guy to begin with. After I finish the halo I'm sure I'll cruise.
Probably at 150/week.

Ima follow this.... strength is gonna get stuuuuuuuupid

THANKS for getting the log up dens. I’m stoked to see how it goes for you. Let me know if you in need anything along the way bro.

No, thank you for the opportunity OT!
Come early spring I have a cycle plan that I'll be using Monster for.

Today I used my brain for two things.........

I remembered to take TWO, that's TWOOOO Halo's.

And for #2, I love squats......far and away my favorite exercise. Due to past injuries from football which were made worse by my powerlifting years my right shoulder no longer allows me to do a regular squat. For the last couple of years I have been using a Draper Top Squat attachment on a smith machine. While that helps immensely I came to the realization that squatting by itself doesn't give me the most bang for the buck. I keep going back to a squats only routine and always end up losing leg size as well as getting worn down a bit quicker.

So today I went back to my most result producing routine.......

Today
Leg extensions while I lean forward......shooting for 12-15 reps but ended up with 23!
Leg press fairly slow and controlled descent, no lockout........12 reps
Smith squat 10 reps, pause at the bottom.
By this time my quads were cashed, and pumped.

Seated leg curls for 3 sets, using the weight reduction between sets protocol.
Abs.......have I ever told you all I hate working abs????

Regarding the halo........20 mgs is definitely better than 10 mgs.
I started my workout about 60 minutes after taking it.......I literally felt a sense of quiet intensity, almost like a nervous energy building up inside me that I maintained throughout my workout and is still going while I sit here typing this up. So I think I'm going to like this.

I won't be using halo for tomorrows worhout of delts and arms, then the next day is an off day.. Basically I'm doing a 2 on 2 off with the halo.

I too am using it at 20mgs about an hour pre-workout on my big lift days, and you described the feeling perfectly. I'm excited to see how deadlifts go tomorrow morning :D :love:

I too am using it at 20mgs about an hour pre-workout on my big lift days, and you described the feeling perfectly. I'm excited to see how deadlifts go tomorrow morning :D :love:

This is my first run of halo so I wasn't sure what to expect. If this is what it does I'm be a very happy man.

My only experience with it is during the last couple of weeks before a show (more like 10 days, but still) so it's definitely a nice change having the extra boost when I'm not in a heavy deficit.

This is my first run of halo so I wasn't sure what to expect. If this is what it does I'm be a very happy man.

No halo today but I figured I'd list my workout just to give a sense of my 3rd days training.

Seated smith machine military press 3 sets, lower weight each set
Shrugs, 1 set
Hammer curls 3 sets
Pressdowns 3 sets
Seated calf raise, 1 set consisting of a rest pause, then remove half the weight and rep out
Cardio

I usually do laterals instead of military but have a slight strain in my left forearm, up near the elbow and laterals are the only exercise that bothers it.
Also, for triceps I alternate between pressdowns and close grip bench every other workout.

For cardio I do the elliptical. I hate cardio even more than I hate abs so I pick a long song on my MP3 player and just go fairly hard for as long as the song is playing, so 7-11 minutes........

Happy New Year to all!

Day 3 of halo, did my standard 20 mgs and hour pre...........as I started warming up I could feel the same inner quiet intensity building up. The beauty of this is it stays with me throughout the workout.

I figure the best way to track things is to see if my total reps go up from my 3 sets of a given exercise. I feel it's a more accurate gauge since my days of huge weight increases are past.

Today was:
Decline bench for 3 sets, reducing weight each set, I got 8 more total reps than the last workout with the same weight.

MG pulldowns, same scheme. I was up 5 total reps.

Smith machine barbell rows New weight so can't compare reps.

Seated calf, one set was with two rest pauses, 10 breaths, up 5 reps. Second set was with half the weight, I just go until I can't. I don't count reps, I just close my eyes and go.

Regarding my weight loss, that'll have to start today. Too much eating over the holidays!

Great update brother. That is also exsctly how I gauge the halo... how many reps I can add to a set. I'm glad to see you making notice of that added change. I'm willing to bet, after using it a while you will notice more and more the positive impact the halo has. It just keeps getting better and better the longer I run it. So much so that I actually get scared and make myself discontinue as I don't want to hurt myself by abusing it. Its a hard product to put down and walk away from though. Lol

Last edited:
Legs today. I'm a ripe old 54 today and celebrated with a leg workout to start it out right. As you get older you hopefully get smarter and realize progress has as much if not more to do with being able to workout consistently rather than fighting through injuries. As such I now tend to try to make exercises harder as opposed to always getting stronger. The joints just can't take that pounding every workout like they used to. Part of that is to go higher reps, part of it is to work the muscle not the joints. I already feel that the halo is going to make my strength shoot up so for legs I'm going to work on keeping the weights within reason.

So today I really pre-exhausted with leg extensions prior to hitting leg press.

Leg extensions I hit a triple drop set.......I hit 18 reps on my first set, dropped 25 pounds for the second set, another 25 pounds for the third. I rested only long enough to change the weight, so a matter of a few seconds. When I got of the extension machine my quads were pumped and a little shaky. Perfect so now on to leg press.

I used the same weight as last workout, figuring to keep the reps down.........nope. I did 4 more reps than last workout.......lol

Smith machine squats with Top Squat handle......same weight as last workout, 2 more reps!

Seated leg curls, one triple drop set...........total reps came out to 23.

Abs.........nothing special here.

Then me and the wife went to breakfast for my birthday......she paid.

Happy Birthday man!

Happy birthday Dens!

Glad to hear everything is going as it should. Great log so far buddy.

Happy Birthday Dens!

Really enjoying your log so far! Seems you're enjoying the product just as much as I am :D

Today was supposed to be an off day but my upcoming schedule is all fucked up due to an acquaintance. His ex has an order of protection barring him from making contact with their son. The son plays on the same high school football team as my youngest. She petitioned to continue the OP saying he's trying to talk to the son as he goes onto and off the field at games. This guy subpoenaed me to testify. He wants me to say I know he didn't do that. I told him I couldn't say what he did or didn't do. His reply was that he sat with me at the games so I can say I never saw him harass his son. I was already sitting when he got there so I have no idea what he does before or after and would not perjure myself. He's representing himself so I'll answer his questions honestly..........then answer his wife's attorney questions honestly. The outcome will be based 100% on what his son testifies anyway. If I could be of help and felt he was being screwed I'd be happy to do so for anyone, but this isn't the case.
It's an hour train ride to downtown Chicago, then a long walk to the court building. So Monday is my new off day......lol

Today was the same as last chest/back workout except for dips instead of decline. Despite skipping the rest day and working arms yesterday I went up in reps for everything. My chest pump from dips was unreal. On Tuesday my weight was 245.........today 241.

I'm loving the halo effect. It builds up as I warm up and there is a quiet intensity that lasts the entire workout. My workouts are all about 45 minutes, I spend a lot of time warming up, many low rep sets to get the blood going. I also warm up all the bodyparts I'm working at the same time so once the work sets start it's boom-boom-boom. No need to warm up once I hit the next exercise. My rest is until my breathing is about back to normal so it's obviously longer for legs than biceps but still quick.

Another thing I should add is that after getting back from grocery shopping, and dealing with people in the store and in the lot...........my fuse is a little shorter now.........lol

I'm loving this halo so much that I have to fight to not use it every workout.

Today was legs.
For leg extensions I did a 3 set rest pause, 12 breaths between sets.
For leg press I added 90 pounds and still banged out reps.........not as many as last workout but I'll get there.
For smith squats I lowered the weight, narrowed my stance, and went deeper.
The pump was amazing........
Hamstrings were a rest pause with lighter weight than last time to get higher reps.

My weight this morning was 239! Down 6 pounds, mostly water though.

My weight has actually gone down just a little bit too. I was hovering around 212 in the mornings and the halo has been my only change, this morning I woke up at 208. Definitely not complaining though because I'm looking tighter and harder than I was.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131