over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Depression

Equalizer

Registered
I had a few negative things happen in my personal life last year and it go to the point where I had trouble controlling my emotions. I went to the doctor and actually broke down in front of them when talking about things. Ended up being prescribed 50mg of Zoloft. It had some positive as well as negative effects. I was actually on paxil CR about 8 years ago for anxiety for 8 months. Both times taking these meds caused be to put on an unwanted 20-25lbs after being on them for a few months. I guess that is a common side effect of most anti-depressents from what Ive read. I decided to get off the Zoloft coz it isn't worth limited effects Ive received. Ive been off for 5 weeks now and have been trying to counteract the withdrawl effects by using supplements like 5 htp, st johns wort, and now sam-e. I was getting negative and depressing thoughts coming off of it. 400mg of sam-e seemed to really help after 2-3 days but now after 10 days Ive been getting depressed thoughts again the past 2 days.

Has anyone experienced good positive effects with some sort of natural supplements for depression? Sam-e seems to have promise, maybe I just need to up the dose now.

Last edited:
CARDIO. Not saying you don't do any, but doing some hard cardio outside often helps me and there is a ton of scientific data wherein exercise compares favorably with drugs for treatment of depression.

CARDIO. Not saying you don't do any, but doing some hard cardio outside often helps me and there is a ton of scientific data wherein exercise compares favorably with drugs for treatment of depression.

That's only a temporary fix. After you get the rush during the run and that good feeling after, it wears off and your right back to where you started. I really don't think people need drugs though. The more you take them the less you can handle life without them. Go out with your friends, get drunk and have fun. The most important thing to remember is dont live in the past.

The only advice I could give is, try to convert those bad memories into motivation of lessons learned, instead of dwelling on it, force it into something that you will never let happen again. Make sure to talk with someone about it. Letting all that bottle up just makes it worse. Trials and tribulations my friend. Good luck

I had a few negative things happen in my personal life last year and it go to the point where I had trouble controlling my emotions. I went to the doctor and actually broke down in front of them when talking about things. Ended up being prescribed 50mg of Zoloft. It had some positive as well as negative effects. I was actually on paxil CR about 8 years ago for anxiety for 8 months. Both times taking these meds caused be to put on an unwanted 20-25lbs after being on them for a few months. I guess that is a common side effect of most anti-depressents from what Ive read. I decided to get off the Zoloft coz it isn't worth limited effects Ive received. Ive been off for 5 weeks now and have been trying to counteract the withdrawl effects by using supplements like 5 htp, st johns wort, and now sam-e. I was getting negative and depressing thoughts coming off of it. 400mg of sam-e seemed to really help after 2-3 days but now after 10 days Ive been getting depressed thoughts again the past 2 days.

Has anyone experienced good positive effects with some sort of natural supplements for depression? Sam-e seems to have promise, maybe I just need to up the dose now.

ive been on and off a couple different antidepression meds including zoloft. they didnt do anything for me. unfortunately unless you have a chemical imbalance then there not going to help. docs dont tell you that though.

The only advice I could give is, try to convert those bad memories into motivation of lessons learned, instead of dwelling on it, force it into something that you will never let happen again. Make sure to talk with someone about it. Letting all that bottle up just makes it worse. Trials and tribulations my friend. Good luck

second that....and a good pre workout supp helps me get going and hammer through it. I get a great workout and forget everything...just me and the weights...

make sure it doesn't interfere with your meds though...

good luck

bn

Do a blood check for hormones and perhaps neurotransmitters.
Sam-E/5htp is about as natural as hgh, test, t4 :D

Make sure you getting above RDA for all vitamins and minerals... I ain't talk 1 pill multi vitamin... I mean like 1 pill for each vitamin and mineral.

Could also try other nootropics/smart drugs, a lot out there!

I have been on Prozac for more than half my life (started it at 14 and im 30 now) at 40 mgs a day. I tried Zoloft but i had a hard time getting hard or ejaculating so they put me back on Prozac.

I have a history of depression since I was in my teens, self medicated at first, i.e. drinking, street drugs, etc.
From an anti depressant standpoint what I can tell you is that when you try a particular drug give it at least 6 weeks to two months to determine if you like it or not.
there are side effects that can dissipate after a few weeks once your body becomes acclimated.
I am not saying that they are the answer for everyone but in my case
welbutrin did the trick

Wellbutrin has really helped me. I started taking it while going through a difficult time in my life. Not only did it help with depression...but I feel like I can concentrate/focus better than ever. Great stuff for me...lost weight, felt calmer, increased sex drive. I only take 150mg SR....tried the XL version but had problems sleeping with the extended release. It's stimulating and can increase anxiety...but for me I feel calm.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws