over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Devastating....horrible beyond belief

What happened to John is tragic beyond words and sadly he had a genetic clotting disorder. One great aspect of this forum is that we can share information about genetic disorders and let people know what type of tests to run in order to be proactive with their health.
Well said

When I had my heart attack from a clot, my doctors did not order the genetic tests for clotting disorder. Surprised the hell out of me. I wanted to know so that I could protect my life in the future and also protect my kids.

I had to get forcefull with my cardiologist and demand it. He could see I was really upset and probably just ordered it to appease me. I could see that he thought I didn't have any of the traits. I also think it was natural for him to blame it all on the steroids I had been taking.

So maybe John ran into that too. I think though that John was the kind of guy like me that would have demanded the test.

I'm in this exact scenario almost every single time I am at a doctor and get blood tests. I always have to be forceful because they rarely know better. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

I'm in this exact scenario almost every single time I am at a doctor and get blood tests. I always have to be forceful because they rarely know better. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.
Crazy thing too with me, they did not originally put me on coumadin. They only had me taking Plavix like every other person that has a heart attack. Seems some doctors just throw you in a category and treat you according to that.

I later got a new cardiologist, the one that founded the whole cardiac group here. He is recognized as the best, and runs a lot of research here. He's very hard to see. I got lucky getting with him because he's usually just with pro athletes and others that have a big profile. I applied to get into his stem cell study and I think he was intrigued by my case. He's a very nice man, i enjoyed seeing him.

He referred me to my hematologist that I see now. He said that the hematologist treats people in his family, so he's great too. He's the one that put me on coumadin, and I'm glad he did!

Sorry if we are getting off track. This thread is about John Meadows.

Reactions: Bio
This is a tremendous loss for not only the bodybuilding community and John's family, but also this world we live in! He left everyone he met a better human for knowing him and that is a legacy that will continue on! Truly an honorable, devoted, and genuinely caring human being! He will be greatly missed.

Praying for God to comfort his family and all those who knew and cared for John!

Reactions: Bio
RIP to a big influencer in the bodybuilding space. I loved John's videos on Youtube and enjoyed his posts on here. He was one who was always offering his knowledge and guidance for free and was always such a kind and respectful and loving soul. In a sport where so many athletes are selfish, he stood out as being the outlier and breaking that mold and shared all of his knowledge with us.

Prayers for his family and friends and everyone else that loved the man. He was one of a kind.

Agreed. One of the best things to do fellas is if your physician refuses a test, make sure to tell him to write it in his doctor notes and that you want a visit summary when you leave. When you start stating this stuff, the physicians know you are serious and know that if anything tragic does happen, they can be held for liability. It's sad that this is how it is, but we have to be proactive in our health instead of just reactive.

I needed a couple days. I hope you guys will allow me to share my thoughts. Fouad, myself, Andrew Berry, Chris Edmonds and Scott Mcnally got together in a group to start the gofundme....but we wanted to wait for Mary's blessing first and make sure Mary was in charge and setup the gofundme. Andrew contacted Mary but before she could get back to him we saw that this gofundme was setup in johns behalf (which is more than fine).

I just wanted to share my thoughts if I may. John and i go back about 15 years. (As you guys probably know I make most of his supplements) and we have just talked alot and texted over the last decade and a half. As Bboy and some of these other guys can attest to....he was a great guy, he had honor and he just was such a good person.

This is the part I have trouble with and has caused me to weep more as a grown man over the last few days than I have ever in my life. He loved those boys. They were his world! ( I am having trouble writing this right now) .....they meant everything to him. And John Meadows their dad was their hero. And it just freaking crushes me that he is taken away from the boys at an age and a time in their lives that they most need him. It just seems so unfair.

When John had the heart attack and two clots in his heart over a year ago, we talked thoroughly about the anxiety it had given him and what he was going through at that time. He had done a lot of nolvadex before his heart attack and i implored him to not do that anymore and a gamut of other stuff. Guys....John sent me every single bit of his bloodwork since that time for me to go over and give him my thoughts. Besides his kidneys being a little down (a little), everything else was stellar, he had nothing off except his estrogen was a little bit high one time (little bit).... Lipids beyond stellar, hematocrit, hemoglobin, everything else was stellar. I went thru his bloodwork again the other day because I was like "Dante did you miss something?!".....and I didnt. I do chastise myself for one thing. John was going to Dr Serranno and cardiac experts and I didnt want to throw too much at him at one time because as you guys can probably understand 'He had a lot of anxiety about the heart attack at that time'.....I wrote it down at the time but I never followed up with it and i wish i did. I wanted him to get tested for the Factor V Leiden and Prothombin clotting disorders but I figured that the experts that he was seeing ( I would think no doubt ) would test him for those disorders.

The thing that just destroys me is I can hear his words to me on the phone when i went thru his first set of bloodwork after his heart attack, and we talked about his mindset and the anxiety of going down at that time and him being taken on the gurney in the ambulance.......and he was like "Dante thank you for always being there for me, I have to be around for my boys, they need me, they need their dad and I appreciate you going thru my bloodwork and talking about this stuff".......

Its just awful....Bboy I know how close you and him were.....I feel for you bro....its an incredible loss.

Its so important to me that the boys and Mary dont go forward from this point with worry and the unknown and I ask anyone that John has positively effected from this forum to maybe contribute to this https://gofund.me/d06b90fa Its not the amount that matters, the smallest contribution adds to the total, and it would really help out the Meadows family's future.
Thank you for being so Candid and honest. I am going to donate and was looking for this verification that it would go to the Wife n Boys directly.

John Meadows. Someone I looked up to and admired as a man. The level of Class he always conducted himself with and the way he treated people. I admired that greatly even more than his bodybuilding knowledge. Even though I'm only 6 years younger he had a fatherly vibe to him as well as a youthful enthusiasm. I'm very Cynical of people but this guy had Gentleman written all over every sentence he spoke. A great Human we lost and I pray that his wife and kids are able best they can to move on. I have teared up for a man I never had the pleasure of meeting, I can't imagine how his friends and family feel. I think it is very telling with the tremendous out pouring of love how much he touched people. We can all be better people and I think he is a great example of what it is to be a good man. RIP John and thank you for all you shared.

John gave me the principles and encouragement to get through the transition to the diet I continue to this day. He made my life better and helped keep me healthier. He never asked for a dime and walked me through and supported my fat burning diet with amazing patience. I will miss him. My prayers go out to his family. He lived life on his terms and was a truly genuine person. I only knew him through training but can't help but feel a personal loss.

I'm happy that his passing was peaceful and know wherever he may be, he has reached fulfillment.

Godspeed John

Crazy thing too with me, they did not originally put me on coumadin. They only had me taking Plavix like every other person that has a heart attack. Seems some doctors just throw you in a category and treat you according to that.

I later got a new cardiologist, the one that founded the whole cardiac group here. He is recognized as the best, and runs a lot of research here. He's very hard to see. I got lucky getting with him because he's usually just with pro athletes and others that have a big profile. I applied to get into his stem cell study and I think he was intrigued by my case. He's a very nice man, i enjoyed seeing him.

He referred me to my hematologist that I see now. He said that the hematologist treats people in his family, so he's great too. He's the one that put me on coumadin, and I'm glad he did!

So it wasn't the genetic testing that got you on coumadin, it was just what that one doctor wanted you on? I'm just thinking even if John got the test done, not sure it would have changed anything

So it wasn't the genetic testing that got you on coumadin, it was just what that one doctor wanted you on? I'm just thinking even if John got the test done, not sure it would have changed anything
Yeah. The original cardiologist didn't put me on it, even after testing showed I had prothrombin disorder. It wasn't till my new cardiologist referred me to his hematologist that I was put on it. Cool thing, the two doctors aren't even part of the same hospital system. Most doctors seem to keep you in their system, but this cardiologist referred me to whom he felt was the best.

Just heard the sad news. WHAT A LOSS, for his family, his friends, the sport and for all of us who benefited from his knowledge and advice over the years. John you will be sorely missed. May God hold you gently in His Arms and bring comfort to all those who loved you. My deepest condolences to all his family and friends.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Agreed. One of the best things to do fellas is if your physician refuses a test, make sure to tell him to write it in his doctor notes and that you want a visit summary when you leave. When you start stating this stuff, the physicians know you are serious and know that if anything tragic does happen, they can be held for liability. It's sad that this is how it is, but we have to be proactive in our health instead of just reactive.
Wow I never thought of this. Thanks for bringing up this idea. I will be sure to try it if they really refuse it.

Wow I never thought of this. Thanks for bringing up this idea. I will be sure to try it if they really refuse it.
Yep. A lot of people don't know that. When you see the doctor's typing away at their computers during visits instead of just actually talking and building a rapport with you, they are writing their visit notes down which details things you discussed as well as his response and his recommendations and future plans for the next visit. All of this will be considered the "visit summary". When he says no to the test, just tell him to note it down (and he has to) and then when leaving, ask for the detailed visit summary if they don't automatically print you out one.

If your doctor uses the online records ("e-records"), then you should be able to access the visit history and summary through their online portal that they make patients use these days.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131